ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA News is Coming...

killa_15

Nov 10, 2001
...through the rumor mill...later this week or early next week an announcement will be made of how the NCHSAA WILL MOVE FORWARD with athletics barring anything crazy in sickness and politics.

The seasons may not be "Traditional Schedule" but the good news is the kids will hopefully have a chance to play this school year. So when you see the projected seasons/schedules, don't throw a fit, complain, wish for more/less games, longer/shorter season, etc. Be Happy that everything hasn't been cancelled.

I'm excited about even having a conversation that football games can still take place!

In the meantime...pray for our coaches, teachers, administrators, students, and support staff. It's uncharted territory for them all.

...through the rumor mill...later this week or early next week an announcement will be made of how the NCHSAA WILL MOVE FORWARD with athletics barring anything crazy in sickness and politics.

The seasons may not be "Traditional Schedule" but the good news is the kids will hopefully have a chance to play this school year. So when you see the projected seasons/schedules, don't throw a fit, complain, wish for more/less games, longer/shorter season, etc. Be Happy that everything hasn't been cancelled.

I'm excited about even having a conversation that football games can still take place!

In the meantime...pray for our coaches, teachers, administrators, students, and support staff. It's uncharted territory for them all.
Rumor mill?Lol.
Que Tucker publicly stated she would have a concrete decision before August 17.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I'm hoping they go to the old "pod" system for the playoffs. Who cares if you have to play the same people twice. The best teams seem to always make it to the end anyway. How many times did West Montgomery roll over North Moore, Chatham Central or North Stanly in the first or second round of the playoffs. Playoffs do not really get started until the 3rd round. Politics will come into play. Watch and see which LEA's are run by democrats that will block their schools from playing. Char/Meck, Wake and Chapel Hill/Carrboro come to mind.

I'm hoping they go to the old "pod" system for the playoffs. Who cares if you have to play the same people twice. The best teams seem to always make it to the end anyway. How many times did West Montgomery roll over North Moore, Chatham Central or North Stanly in the first or second round of the playoffs. Playoffs do not really get started until the 3rd round. Politics will come into play. Watch and see which LEA's are run by democrats that will block their schools from playing. Char/Meck, Wake and Chapel Hill/Carrboro come to mind.

How many Republican school boards are on plan C right now?

Guess what party is pushing to make school boards partisan? Hint it's not the one you hate.

Got this in a text

EfPEirlXYAEujBp

Not a good time for wrestling. That's right in the middle of Olympic style wrestling.

Hope and pray for playoffs. First thing that pops out, lots of small schools sharing 1 gym with VB and BB teams for at least month playing games. This typical happens with early BB practice and VB playoffs but not both playing regular season games. Now? Hope my kid does not get the 5 am practice slot.

Yeah I'm sure it will be conference only games prolly.....let's be real robbinsville vs murphy winner would be the state champions game anyways....has been for years

Im sure they will say no playoffs bc of virus....but if we don't have a cure or vaccine by April I doubt we will ever have one

How are they gonna do the schedules? Conference only?

I sure hope not because we would have just 3 home games with 3 teams that don't bring hardly anyone. It would hurt our bank quite a bit.

If no state championships there is no use to play.
Couldn't disagree more, if there was no season at all there are seniors that would miss out on not only playing but on potential athletic scholarships as well.

Obviously it would suck if there were no playoffs but some of these kids need some tape out there to have a shot at college athletics.

I didn't mean to start the no playoffs thing....I thought end date April 9th meant end date period...and I was thinking no way u could have playoffs in that short amount of time....I didn't watch press conference so that's my bad sorry

Reactions: NWWatchdog
I didn't mean to start the no playoffs thing....I thought end date April 9th meant end date period...and I was thinking no way u could have playoffs in that short amount of time....I didn't watch press conference so that's my bad sorry
Go delete your post and save some confusion.

I was not able to watch the presentation. I assume JV will have sports as well. I have a rising freshman and had heard speculation regarding no JV sports. I am inquiring if this was brought up or mentioned.

Thanks

Thomasville is in a ten team conference. No way to determine a conference champ, with no chance of level playing field conference play. Gonna be some controversy come playoff time. But at least it’s a season.

Thomasville is in a ten team conference. No way to determine a conference champ, with no chance of level playing field conference play. Gonna be some controversy come playoff time. But at least it’s a season.

What a mess.. I feel sorry for all those schools. That's why I'm hoping they will allow at least 1-3 non conference games.. in conferences like the CCC there's no way to fairly determine anything in 7 or 8 weeks. Plus no team should have to start the season right in conference play.. it can stunt their potential.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
What a mess.. I feel sorry for all those schools. That's why I'm hoping they will allow at least 1-3 non conference games.. in conferences like the CCC there's no way to fairly determine anything in 7 or 8 weeks. Plus no team should have to start the season right in conference play.. it can stunt their potential.

Or you can have no play at all. At the point now we just have to take what we can get.

Reactions: PBBear51
What happens to D1 athletes who have committed? Will these colleges want their players on the field in possible early May playing in a high school football game?

Reactions: Emmasdaddy1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT