ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA 2021-2025 Realignment = 25% 25% 25% 25%

Even though, someone posted on the ask the ref board they didn’t think it was going to be a problem, out of respect to that person I didn’t respond, but trust me it is going to be a problem. Lacrosse, soccer, softball, lots of overlap. You also have MS football starting up at the same time.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
The way people are acting over this while not taking it serious, pretty stupid if you ask me.

my point is what does taking it seriously help? Can you really stop a virus? I social distance, wear a mask, and have attempted not to get it. I got it. Others have gotten it. The. Most cautious people I know, both got it. I don’t go out to bars and drink after 10. Nothing good happens after 12, but what about the bar and restaurant owners. It’s like we do all this stupid stuff that’s really not working, with no regard to the working person. What about bartenders that are dependent on tips. Not everyone is a government worker with a guaranteed check.

my point is what does taking it seriously help? Can you really stop a virus? I social distance, wear a mask, and have attempted not to get it. I got it. Others have gotten it. The. Most cautious people I know, both got it. I don’t go out to bars and drink after 10. Nothing good happens after 12, but what about the bar and restaurant owners. It’s like we do all this stupid stuff that’s really not working, with no regard to the working person. What about bartenders that are dependent on tips. Not everyone is a government worker with a guaranteed check.

That's where the NCGA and the federal government has failed us. It 75% of the population was on board with restrictions and being cautious we can slow it down. We need 100% of Americans on board. We can't stop it but we can slow it. People should not have to risk their lives to live but we've bought into that mantra. Nothing is going to be 100% effective at stop it, just like a seat belt isn't going to be 100% effective in preventing auto deaths but it lowers the number.

Reactions: BulldogJacket85
I think they should look at JV on Monday and a Thursday, Varsity Tuesday and Friday.

That's a lot of work and coverage for administrations already stretched thin. Especially with other sports starting during basketball season.

You could possibly have 4 home games a week. Unless they did jv opposite site. Then you're better off just playing the same day.

Plus if jv plays a Monday home game, when does Varsity practice if a school only have 1 gym?

I believe that’s now Reeves Community Center.
Yes but the balcony I think was the visitors seating part has been closed in as a weight room the last time I was there and the basketball court was there for anyone members to get up a game. It has been city-run now for probably 15 or 20 years.

Last edited:
Heard a rumor that split conferences are very likely, especially in 1A/2A. Any rumors out there?

I hear a rumor they may split the Davidson County/Randolph/Rowan County 1A/2A's into a league together.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Im hearing THE SMC will be
Andrews
Cherokee
Hayesville
Murphy
Robbinsville
Rosman
Swain

Reactions: Wow71
Im hearing THE SMC will be
Andrews
Cherokee
Hayesville
Murphy
Robbinsville
Rosman
Swain

Good football league. Mountain man football smash mouth style. I look forward to some of the Mountain teams playing Thomasville, E Randolph, N Rowan and some of the piedmont area teams in the playoffs the next four years. Will be fun to watch and see some quality games like the old Albemarle-Murphy or Thomasville-Owen games from back in the day.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Heard a rumor that split conferences are very likely, especially in 1A/2A. Any rumors out there?

I hear a rumor they may split the Davidson County/Randolph/Rowan County 1A/2A's into a league together.
That would be a tough league. I have heard the same but with us essentially the old rocky river conference plus Anson and MP

Link to conferences toward the top

I know it's not simple but what do you do about it if you have to make the choice? Not everyone will win in this situation.

I am actually pleased with this I like Forbush replacing Ashe in the MVAC. The NW looks a whole lot better. But these conferences across the board are small. Not that there is anything wrong with small conferences just wanted to point that out.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I am actually pleased with this I like Forbush replacing Ashe in the MVAC. The NW looks a whole lot better. But these conferences across the board are small. Not that there is anything wrong with small conferences just wanted to point that out.

Smaller is good. When you have 8-9 teams in a league it limits the ability to play non-conference opponents and takes flexibility away. I like smaller conferences of 6-7.

Looking at our conf. in 1A/2A we have 3 1A teams 3. 2A teams. Very week conf. This is conf.#5 in East. No gate money here.

Well, the second draft is less than a month away, any predictions? Will split conferences stay as they are? Which schools appeal to be in different conferences. Which schools appeal to be in different classification. NW wise I know West Stokes isn't happy, competition wise they will run the table but financially it might set them back for a while. MVAC wise, Forbush is happy to be back in the MVAC. Ashe County is upset I'd imagine, long travel, plus the competition is gonna be tough for them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT