ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA 2021-2025 Realignment = 25% 25% 25% 25%

Not as big in Triad area, but Northwest, MVAC, Western Piedmont just to name a few does. I have left those schools many night at 10:30 or later.

Every school in the MVAC except Elkin and Starmount have 2 gyms. No reason to not do what I suggested with start times.

In the MVAC East Wilkes, North Wilkes, Wilkes Central, West Wilkes, Alleghany, and Ashe all have playable auxillary gyms. Won't have wrestling to contend with so shouldn't be an issue. With limited capacity won't have the rift raft you often do so makes admin coverage easier.

If they don't have 2 gyms then play opposite site for JV.

One of many reasons I gave it up😊
One night many years ago, I was at NW Ashe, probably pushing 7pm and they were introducing players for Varsity girls, when one of the cheerleaders being held up in air was dropped. Waited 45 minutes for ambulance, think it was pushing midnight when we got out of there. Still had to drive home.

You could argue Tarboro is a tougher opponent for a run heavy team like Mountain Heritage than Reidsville. Of course the road to the getting to the title game will be easier with no Reidsville in their way.
So in other words nothing changes except for folks that like to congregate at bars.

restaurants shut down at 10 curfew from 10-5. I guess covid works third shift in bars🤷‍♂

Reactions: BK13T-$
Well the shoe finally dropped, so to speak. It's Robbinsville's conference (and state) title to lose now I'd imagine.
Not sure what your talking about but I imagine it's the incident that happened a month or so ago..evidently the punishment has been handed
out..Pantherdad must have been onto something a few nights ago.

Well it doesn’t matter right cause the virus is airborne. Will they hang on each other at 930?

20 people spread across 10 aisle in Food Lion buying groceries at 9:30 is a totally different animal than 20 people drunk in a bar the size of your living room at 9:30 at night bunched up like a bail of hay. Not sure how difficult that is to understand.

If you want to drink, drink at home until we get back to normalcy.

I've never understood why schools that have 2 games don't utilize both gyms. Play jv starting at 4 in the auxillary gym and start varsity at 5 or 6 in the main gym.

Have a parent with a kid playing both? Tough crap. Pick one.

Never a reason for kids to get in so late on a school night for a regular season game.

With jv I would think consideration should be taken to shorten those games with shorter quarters or a running clock.

Will this apply to college as well?
Auxiliary gym? What the??? I realize ER opened in 1968 but the closest thing they have to that is the cafeteria...

So we can be in bars at 9:30 but not 10.
Lol
You’re right. Cooper probably should eliminate on premises consumption of alcohol until this is over....regardless of the time. And I enjoy a nice cold beverage myself. But I do agree with his logic that most of the risky behavior takes place later in the night. The more cold beverages, the less sense most of us have. And don’t ask me how I know😀

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Well the other states are finishing up football seasons. Georgia has full capacity. NC is going try to play football during march when covid is expected to be worse. Cooper and nchsaa failed on this miserably.

The Jr. High gym is also beside Mount Airy High because Jr. High was all part of the same building and did not have to go out side to go from Jr. High to High School
When I played for Reidsville many decades ago Mount Airy played its home games at the YMCA. Is that building and court still there?

Robbinsville has 2 but the auxiliary gym is small. Only about 3ft from court to block wall or less

In the MVAC East Wilkes, North Wilkes, Wilkes Central, West Wilkes, Alleghany, and Ashe all have playable auxillary gyms. Won't have wrestling to contend with so shouldn't be an issue. With limited capacity won't have the rift raft you often do so makes admin coverage easier.

If they don't have 2 gyms then play opposite site for JV.

Guys I don't think space is going to be the issue, but when you start everything at the same time or you start the boys at home and the girls on the road, the issue will be the official's. Their already was a critical shortage of them, JV officials having to do Varsity games as well. Can we even cover playing at both places?

Last edited:
Reactions: btango
Guys I don't think space is going to be the issue, but when you start everything at the same time or you start the boys at home and the girls on the road, the issue will be the official's. Their already was a critical shortage of them, JV officials having to do Varsity games as well. Can we even cover playing at both places?

I know it may be different this year but I've never seen a jv set of officials do a varsity game the same night.

Reactions: ocdavis31
I don't doubt it happens, I've just never seen it and I've watched a good amount of ball over the last 10 years.

Varsity might have to start playing with a 2 man crew some. I'm sure they are some places.

I know it may be different this year but I've never seen a jv set of officials do a varsity game the same night.
I have seen quite a bit in our area lately, and Thunder spoke with a pretty good source the other day and the MVAC is planning on playing the boys at home and the girls on the road, and then they would switch the next time though. Will probably see alot of 2 man crews this year, plus most officials call multiple sports, how will this factor in toward the ends of season with over lap.

I have seen quite a bit in our area lately, and Thunder spoke with a pretty good source the other day and the MVAC is planning on playing the boys at home and the girls on the road, and then they would switch the next time though. Will probably see alot of 2 man crews this year, plus most officials call multiple sports, how will this factor in toward the ends of season with over lap.

Playing 2 teams away and 2 at home is the best option by far.

Basketball shouldn't cross into football too much other than playoff games. There will be overlap with other sports though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT