ADVERTISEMENT

NCHSAA 2021-2025 Realignment = 25% 25% 25% 25%

A multiplier would make more sense to address that. But it doesn’t solve the open enrollment county issue.

Reidsville appears to be staying 2A. 1A West can breath, however the addition of Thomasville and E Randolph add two more solid teams that will be a tough game in the playoffs. Both have been winning again and are used to playing in leagues with much bigger rosters and depth. I think Thomasville will be very solid in Football, Basketball, Wrestling, Soccer and Track the next four years.

You could argue Tarboro is a tougher opponent for a run heavy team like Mountain Heritage than Reidsville. Of course the road to the getting to the title game will be easier with no Reidsville in their way.

It will be tough..Beating Murphy Robbinsville and Tarboro will not be easy
Murphy should be very tough next fall and maybe 2022 if things break right and they land somebody like Gillis between now and then to play RB in 2022. But as far as 2023 and 2024 go it may be up to Robbinsville to rep the SMC at the elite level, things can change but right now I really don't see Murphy being in the top tier conversation either of those years, especially not 2023.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gentle Knight
2020 going be huge
Probably last straight forward opportunity for an SMC football title in the next 5 seasons. I hope Murphy is close to full strength but I seriously doubt it will happen, if all their top horses are out there it's a toss up, if not it's Robbinsville's title to lose.

I just updated my blog post after taking into consideration the official classes released by the state on Fri Dec 4....same link posted earlier should work, you might need to refresh page

I just updated my blog post after taking into consideration the official classes released by the state on Fri Dec 4....same link posted earlier should work, you might need to refresh page

So....
Both you and Simmons have ER dropping from PAC6 and SWR jumping right into that spot...
And on top of that both of y’all have ER in conference with recruiting giant Uwharrie and traveling as far as Monroe!!!
This is going to be a long 4 years...
Sound familiar? 😂

Reactions: tarheelg
So....
Both you and Simmons have ER dropping from PAC6 and SWR jumping right into that spot...
And on top of that both of y’all have ER in conference with recruiting giant Uwharrie and traveling as far as Monroe!!!
Sound familiar? 😂

I think you could see that. I think also a likely scenario is Graystone joining the teams from Rowan Randolph and Davidson counties and then Albemarle South stanly joining the rocky river conf in a 1a/2a split conference

So....
Sound familiar? 😂
If it's any consolation, you won't be seeing any oceans in the playoffs......of course being in 1A in the West could make your mountain playoff trips 2 hours longer than most potential 2A mountain trips from Randolph Co.

Reactions: thekidd12
Union Academy is better off in the Southern Piedmont 1A/2A. Can't see them travelling to ER!
Curious to see how they shake that one out, probably very similar to the last cycle with a couple of football only leagues in that area....problem is they can't just do a carbon copy because the old fb only league east of Charlotte lost a bunch of teams with WM consolidating with EM into Montgomery Central, North Stanly going to 2A, North Moore and Chatham Central having no choice but to go in a conference in the East....and on the other fb only league from Charlotte and points west, Pine Lake & CSD moved up to 2A....they almost have to keep that conference very similar and just make it a 1A/2A with pretty much everybody in it having nowhere else to go....both ER & UA are kind of the odd ones out where there's no good place for them to go in every sport....I didn't try to go project fb only leagues, but I definitely took non football playing schools into consideration when doing my alignments all over the state....I might look at it again and revise my revisions on Monday or Tuesday with a fb only league that would spare UA the trip to ER, they geographically belong in the league I think I called the PAC 7 (which would now be the PAC 8 or 9 if they keep the PAC name), but none of them play football....would seem to make sense to put them in that league for all sports but football

Reactions: thekidd12
Curious to see how they shake that one out, probably very similar to the last cycle with a couple of football only leagues in that area....problem is they can't just do a carbon copy because the old fb only league east of Charlotte lost a bunch of teams with WM consolidating with EM into Montgomery Central, North Stanly going to 2A, North Moore and Chatham Central having no choice but to go in a conference in the East....and on the other fb only league from Charlotte and points west, Pine Lake & CSD moved up to 2A....they almost have to keep that conference very similar and just make it a 1A/2A with pretty much everybody in it having nowhere else to go....both ER & UA are kind of the odd ones out where there's no good place for them to go in every sport....I didn't try to go project fb only leagues, but I definitely took non football playing schools into consideration when doing my alignments all over the state....I might look at it again and revise my revisions on Monday or Tuesday with a fb only league that would spare UA the trip to ER, they geographically belong in the league I think I called the PAC 7 (which would now be the PAC 8 or 9 if they keep the PAC name), but none of them play football....would seem to make sense to put them in that league for all sports but football

eastern Randolph north Rowan Thomasville Bishop Uwharrie charter carver, could you see a conference like that? My gut feeling is that they will do a 1a/2a split old rocky river conference almost.

If it's any consolation, you won't be seeing any oceans in the playoffs......of course being in 1A in the West could make your mountain playoff trips 2 hours longer than most potential 2A mountain trips from Randolph Co.
ER has been from up in the thin air to just west of England when it comes playoff time. Depends on which sport. Seems like football goes west and spring sports always go to the beach.
And does every scenario end up with Randolph charter in it?
Cmon man.

Reactions: tarheelg
eastern Randolph north Rowan Thomasville Bishop Uwharrie charter carver, could you see a conference like that? My gut feeling is that they will do a 1a/2a split old rocky river conference almost.
Well, I had Bishop McG, Carver, Thomasville, WS Prep with 3 non football charters....originally also had Reidsville and Andrews in this league when we thought they were going 1A, and also originally had ER in this league....not saying the state won't suggest that....it looks like ER is going to get stuck with long road trips for conference games no matter what league they wind up in....the down side of the strict East/West dividing line (and all Randolph schools in the West), as they would be a perfect fit in the league I called the Mid State 1A/2A....and Chatham Ce. & N Moore from that league would be a perfect fit in the Yadkin Valley 1A like old times but those two have to be in a league with other East teams, and they are the only two football playing 1As in a 6 or 7 county radius to the east of the line

ER has been from up in the thin air to just west of England when it comes playoff time. Depends on which sport. Seems like football goes west and spring sports always go to the beach.
And does every scenario end up with Randolph charter in it?
Cmon man.
If ER & Uwh. are both 1A, it's going to be difficult to avoid each other....unless there was a whole conference of 1As with no football like around Charlotte or the Triangle

And by the way, don't forget that Spring 2021 is still old conferences, if ER makes playoffs in football and is in small 2A, I would definitely expect West, BUT I'm curious to see how only having 32 teams instead of 64 qualify for the playoffs will change the East/West line in the different brackets....all bets are off right now on what the state will say this Thursday on the next four years worth of conferences, what the brackets will look like in Spring 2021....not to mention if we get to actually have HS sports in Spring 2021

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
And by the way, don't forget that Spring 2021 is still old conferences, if ER makes playoffs in football and is in small 2A, I would definitely expect West, BUT I'm curious to see how only having 32 teams instead of 64 qualify for the playoffs will change the East/West line in the different brackets....all bets are off right now on what the state will say this Thursday on the next four years worth of conferences, what the brackets will look like in Spring 2021....not to mention if we get to actually have HS sports in Spring 2021
Albemarle north stanly South stanly etc have all been East in atleast one sport. That’s what surprised me about ER coming west in the realignment. Playoff wise I just really hope we don’t go back to the pod system.

Probably last straight forward opportunity for an SMC football title in the next 5 seasons. I hope Murphy is close to full strength but I seriously doubt it will happen, if all their top horses are out there it's a toss up, if not it's Robbinsville's title to lose.
If Thomas Jefferson improves as much this year as they did from 2018-2019, look out..They will be tough to handle. I heard they lost their better linemen but not sure.

Reactions: BK13T-$
TJ was strong at linebacker.
I think they was mostly senior backers.

If Thomas Jefferson improves as much this year as they did from 2018-2019, look out..They will be tough to handle. I heard they lost their better linemen but not sure.
Well the shoe finally dropped, so to speak. It's Robbinsville's conference (and state) title to lose now I'd imagine.

All HS and Youth sports must cease play at 10pm. Most all basketball games last past 10 pm in conferences that play all 4 at same site.

Reactions: BK13T-$
All HS and Youth sports must cease play at 10pm. Most all basketball games last past 10 pm in conferences that play all 4 at same site.

I've never understood why schools that have 2 games don't utilize both gyms. Play jv starting at 4 in the auxillary gym and start varsity at 5 or 6 in the main gym.

Have a parent with a kid playing both? Tough crap. Pick one.

Never a reason for kids to get in so late on a school night for a regular season game.

With jv I would think consideration should be taken to shorten those games with shorter quarters or a running clock.

Will this apply to college as well?

Reactions: radioguy16
May have to start earlier. Are there teams that don’t play jv at home/varsity away or vice versa? I know of teams that play three if, for instance, they don’t have a girl’s jv team. Never heard of four. Could also play shorter jv quarters.

May have to start earlier. Are there teams that don’t play jv at home/varsity away or vice versa? I know of teams that play three if, for instance, they don’t have a girl’s jv team. Never heard of four. Could also play shorter jv quarters.

Most already start at 4. Hard to start earlier than that without taking kids out of school earlier. Some schools go until 3:30. With students only being in buildings a handful of days, I'd say administrators will be hard pressed to allow them to dismiss early alot.

Not as big in Triad area, but Northwest, MVAC, Western Piedmont just to name a few does. I have left those schools many night at 10:30 or later.

I've never understood why schools that have 2 games don't utilize both gyms. Play jv starting at 4 in the auxillary gym and start varsity at 5 or 6 in the main gym.

Have a parent with a kid playing both? Tough crap. Pick one.

Never a reason for kids to get in so late on a school night for a regular season game.

With jv I would think consideration should be taken to shorten those games with shorter quarters or a running clock.

Will this apply to college as well?
No to college and professional.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT