ADVERTISEMENT

NC-SC Oasis Shrine Classic

Bandit_9

Dec 7, 2001
Looking at the article from the Charlotte Observer, it appears no players from the 8-man ranks got any playing time - at least on offense. No rushing yards, no passing yards, no receiving yards, no scores. Any insight APA#3?

Cody Hale from Hobgood was in on kickoff returns, kickoffs, punt returns and punts. He did return one kickoff about 25 yards which was nullified by a holding penalty and was in on some tackles on kickoffs. Several
of the kickoffs and punts were not returnable.

Brick Crowder started at middle linebacker, thought he did a good job. I'm sure it seemed different to him with 11 men on the other side of the ball.

Two players from Trinity I believe started at guard and tackle on offense. Not sure of other 8 man players.

I was dissappointed that we didn't get to see Cody at TB and Brick at QB, positions they both excelled at in 8 man.

I'm sure Brick loved where he was at MLB becasue if you ask him hes a linebacker that happens to play offense

I am sure you are right, Brick told me ever so many times that he was born a MLB. He really had a good time and enjoyed himself. Hope this goes to the next level for Brick!

Fayetteville Observer posted that David Haley(Fayetteville Christain) kicked a few extra points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT