ADVERTISEMENT

NC All-State Basketball Teams

GreyGod623

Nov 24, 2012

Congratulations to Murphy's Torin Rogers for making 3rd team All-State. Big accomplishment for a junior at a 1A school. Can't wait to see what her future brings.

Reactions: therealsquid
Just noticed that on the boys All-State basketball team.....on the First team.....4 of the 5 play in the 2A ranks....that's gotta be a first.......................

I thought 2A was the weakest classification this year, minus Clinton.

I thought 2A was the weakest classification this year, minus Clinton.

I’m going to disagree, at least to a point...2A west was down but 2A East was stacked with talent. Farmville Central was incredible, not just a one man show with the N.C. State signee, waves of long, athletic kids who could play—I believe they would have won 3A and probably 4A as well. South Granville was a state title team most years. Pettiford just swapped commitment from Louisville to Kansas and as a team they played NCISAA 2A champ Burlington School to a 4 point game. Kinston and Reidsville were both led by ACC-level talent. It’s just interesting to me that kids continually buy what basketball factories are selling when so many of NCs top recruits this year came from their local public school.

Last edited:
I’m going to disagree, at least to a point...2A west was down but 2A East was stacked with talent. Farmville Central was incredible, not just a one man show with the N.C. State signee, waves of long, athletic kids who could play—I believe they would have won 3A and probably 4A as well. South Granville was a state title team most years. Pettiford just swapped commitment from Louisville to Kansas and as a team they played NCISAA 2A champ Burlington School to a 4 point game. Kinston and Reidsville were both led by ACC-level talent. It’s just interesting to me that kids continually buy what basketball factories are selling when so many of NCs top recruits this year came from their local public school.

I meant Farmville Central. Kinston and Reidsville, though talented, were down this year and not as good as years past. FC could have easily won the 1A, 3A, and 4A championship, but yes, 3A, In my opinion, was one of the weakest championship games of the classifications. Yea, kids need to realize that you don't need these "basketball factories" to get into college. I wish these travel coaches and handlers would back off, however, I think the biggest factor is the number of games and the competition they are allowed to play vs public. NCHSAA would do themselves and the kids a favor if they would open games up to 30 per year (now 22 SMH) and some of the county schools make their schools play other county schools even if the competition stinks. Kids want to play vs top competition and teams. If allowed, they would probably stay.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT