ADVERTISEMENT

Name your top 10 4A team

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Now that we’re waiting for the season start and hopefully have a complete season. Pick your top 10 in the 4A. Who do you have the best chances at winning the 4A and 4AA Championship game.

Last edited:
No particular order (projection not based off of past success)

Vance
Lake Norman
Hough
Mallard Creek
Richmond
Pinecrest
East Forsyth
Myers Park
Cardinal Gibbons
Rolesville

4aa is wide open. The early enrollments took hits on several of the top teams. 4a my pick would be East Forsyth

May be a dumb question and one I should know the answer to but are they playing the season starting in February? I dont get on here nearly as much as I once did.

Except if you are in Charlotte Meck.
CMS think they can single handily slow down community spread by not having sports lololol smh. This fall, mecklenburg county had private schools play football, 7on7 for public school, youth football playing as usual, travel bball in the late summer, HS bball teams making unofficial teams and still competing over the state border in rock hill, etc. Leadership needs to understand that playing games will not do any more damage than what has already and is still occurring. Community spread is inevitable. They already screwed the kids out of the regular fall season and falling in line with the regular recruiting schedule and now they are trying to significantly alter some of these kids futures. No school and no sports these kids are going to be running around the streets doing god knows what like they are doing currently. I really don’t understand CMS right now. Ok sorry my rant is over....

Reactions: Veejay4
CMS think they can single handily slow down community spread by not having sports lololol smh. This fall, mecklenburg county had private schools play football, 7on7 for public school, youth football playing as usual, travel bball in the late summer, HS bball teams making unofficial teams and still competing over the state border in rock hill, etc. Leadership needs to understand that playing games will not do any more damage than what has already and is still occurring. Community spread is inevitable. They already screwed the kids out of the regular fall season and falling in line with the regular recruiting schedule and now they are trying to significantly alter some of these kids futures. No school and no sports these kids are going to be running around the streets doing god knows what like they are doing currently. I really don’t understand CMS right now. Ok sorry my rant is over....

I agree with everything here with the exception of the " doing god knows what". If that is the case then we have some serious problems to solve because for 90% of them athletics is coming to a very quick end regardless of what CMS does or doesnt do.

I agree with everything here with the exception of the " doing god knows what". If that is the case then we have some serious problems to solve because for 90% of them athletics is coming to a very quick end regardless of what CMS does or doesnt do.
I agree with you. My point was that 14-18 year olds with no school and no sports are not going to stay inside the house and stare at 4 walls. They are leaving the house, hanging out with friends, going to parties with no mask!!!!! Drinks and other things get passed around that they share smh. It’s normal to see teens out and about now after 10pm on a school night. The virtual learning thing is a joke, and this is coming from more than 20 CMS teachers I have spoken to. Their day to day activities is probably worse for covid spread in comparison to going to practice on campus and competing. Private school and youth ball in Meck county happened and not one kid did I hear of die or be seriously ill. I’m sure several parents or older relatives will and have got it but you can not prove it came directly from their younger family member competing in sports. I’m about to go shop at Harris teeter in 30 minutes, god forbid but I might catch covid there, and I go there like 2x a week!

I agree with you. My point was that 14-18 year olds with no school and no sports are not going to stay inside the house and stare at 4 walls. They are leaving the house, hanging out with friends, going to parties with no mask!!!!! Drinks and other things get passed around that they share smh. It’s normal to see teens out and about now after 10pm on a school night. The virtual learning thing is a joke, and this is coming from more than 20 CMS teachers I have spoken to. Their day to day activities is probably worse for covid spread in comparison to going to practice on campus and competing. Private school and youth ball in Meck county happened and not one kid did I hear of die or be seriously ill. I’m sure several parents or older relatives will and have got it but you can not prove it came directly from their younger family member competing in sports. I’m about to go shop at Harris teeter in 30 minutes, god forbid but I might catch covid there, and I go there like 2x a week!

Have heard coaches say that their players will not stop working out. They will now just do it unsupervised and not under the protocols that the schools had in place.

Reactions: AmosAlonzoStagg
Someone told me in Starting in Aug - All teams will start making playoffs so Is this true? One of my coaching friends said it is and that what he seen on the New Realignment setup ?

Reactions: UNC91
Someone told me in Starting in Aug - All teams will start making playoffs so Is this true? One of my coaching friends said it is and that what he seen on the New Realignment setup ?

I think that happens in other states. Ohio? IIRC a 1000 years ago when I was in HS in NY if a team didn't make the playoffs, they were allowed to play 1 more game against another also ran but they didn't have to if they didn't want to.

Reactions: UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT