ADVERTISEMENT

N/W 2a-1a

Bearman, I agree both are good QB's and they both have excellent receiver. I have seen both play.

Last edited:
Agree with houndman on this. I didn't get to make last weeks game against Atkins, due to my wife making me watch the Surry Central game, but I will say both games I've watched this year Accord had nearly 75% of the total yardage on offense and 50% of the tackles on defense (with the Hull kid making the other 50%)

Casey Hull leads the Greyhounds with 49 solo tackles and 3 sacks and Acord has 36 tackles and 2 interceptions and this defense keeps improving.

Really enjoyed watching Blaze play, he torched Bishop several times with his uncanny ability to reverse directions so quickly.

Tyler Smith from East Surry (QB) is lighting it up so far this year. According to Maxpreps he has 17 total TD's so far in 4 games (7 passing, 9 rushing, 1 INT return for TD). Smith has several talented receivers around him led by Blake Marion (320 yds receiving, 4 TD's, pre-season NCPreps All-State).

Avery Smith from N.Surry (QB) is putting up even better numbers than T.Smith (20 total TD's and 1200+ yds passing in 5 games), although North uses a pass-heavy offensive system while East is much more balanced with run/pass. A.Smith has a true weapon in Colton Acord (500+ yds receiving and 9 TD's).

Those 4 guys are the best in this area at this point.

The RB from Wilkes Central has over 1000 yards and 14 TDs through 4 games. Several coaches have said he is the best player they will see all season. The Ashe QB has big numbers too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT