ADVERTISEMENT

N. Buncombe HC resigns

What surprises anyone about this move? Not the first school he has left a month before the season starts. Fairmont, Freedom, North Buncombe (Twice), Tuscola, and the Chase debacle.

• Wow
Reactions: Crestuff
I know it would never happen but I wish there were deadlines for coach to make their decision n if say job just offered to them or it late into game then other school just offer do a interim coach or in this case a interim teacher until end of football season or year or whatever

To me this way way way late into the game , I understand his reason family n closer to home n I get it but Man 1 week before official practice and all , that put this coach in a bind and it only hurts the kids imo

His enthusiasm for that elementary school job blew my mind in that.. he's a different breed that's for sure.

I can't help but feel for NB though; they can't catch a break. They just want a consistent program and they were on their way there for that to happen. I hope whoever takes over leads them to an awesome year this year because they deserve it.

The North Buncombe area is growing very quickly and lots of new residents are moving in. It's a fairly attractive job IMO

I got relatives that live up on Reems Creek rd. of Weaverville area. I notice more growth over the years. Kids in the area go to N. Buncombe. All my relatives that lived up Reems Cr. and Ox creek all went to N. Buncombe HS. I’m very familiar with the community and a beautiful place. But never been to a N. Buncombe football game.

Most of the people moving into Buncombe County do not have kids but are retirement age. It's becoming more and more like that every day. Believe me when I tell that regular families are getting priced out of Buncombe County. The cost of living here is second in NC only to the Cary/Raleigh area and the average income isn't increasing equally. In my line of work, I see it all the time. Most sales of homes in this area are selling for over the listing price. I say all that to say this. While there is growth in Buncombe County, it isn't the growth that will help HS sports IMO.

Reactions: Crestuff
I meant to also say with my my relatives that lived up in the Weaverville area. None played sports. They had to help work on farm and also in the tobacco fields. Tobacco is gone or at least I don’t see them when I go up to visit. Time has changed and different culture. I still do have some relatives left in the area. but some have died out or moved out.

Most of the people moving into Buncombe County do not have kids but are retirement age. It's becoming more and more like that every day. Believe me when I tell that regular families are getting priced out of Buncombe County. The cost of living here is second in NC only to the Cary/Raleigh area and the average income isn't increasing equally. In my line of work, I see it all the time. Most sales of homes in this area are selling for over the listing price. I say all that to say this. While there is growth in Buncombe County, it isn't the growth that will help HS sports IMO.
All this is correct. Asheville will turn into Waynesville. A community for retirees only.

All this is correct. Asheville will turn into Waynesville. A community for retirees only.
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT