ADVERTISEMENT

Myers Park vs. South Pointe at Bank of America Stadium

wasn't there for the Vance game, but the sound system, sirens, the works were used for the craziest environment I've ever seen for a football game. A well respected coach said he thought RC was emotionally spent after the MP game

Vance won because they had better players and a better game plan. They play NASTY press man coverage and took away Hood's first read off the RPO. By the time he tried to find #2 he was running for his life. Against MP he ate up their coverage and when he did run he was breaking tackles for positive yards.

MP had a great offense and played good enough to win minus a couple mistakes. They just didnt have the defensive horses to beat that Richmond offense.

Reactions: ggman and btango
Vance won because they had better players and a better game plan. They play NASTY press man coverage and took away Hood's first read off the RPO. By the time he tried to find #2 he was running for his life. Against MP he ate up their coverage and when he did run he was breaking tackles for positive yards.

MP had a great offense and played good enough to win minus a couple mistakes. They just didnt have the defensive horses to beat that Richmond offense.
I went to the hickory ridge/MP game earlier in the season and point being hickory ridge was no match for MP....MP was physically superior especially on the outside. Its easy for some of the Park Homer's to think that they were robbed vs Richmond when all yr u seen ur QB and wrs jus "outathlete" everyone u played against. Nobody in that area besides weddington had enough talent to compete vs them.

They couldn’t run against stiff competition, and they couldn’t stop the run. (Arm tackling) The same problem they’ll have this year.

They couldn’t run against stiff competition, and they couldn’t stop the run. (Arm tackling) The same problem they’ll have this year.
As i been going thru this thread about MP the more n more I think about the more n more they remind me of peyton manning and his Indianapolis colts. Explosive offense...set records n killed dur6thr regular season. Jus some6about them and the playoffs vs tougher stouter teams exposed their vulnerabilities

Reactions: nepsy7
Again not a creek fan but I am a fan of good football and well coached teams...ummmm who's YOUR team again?
Purnell Swett:
2016. 3-8
2017. 5-7
2018. 3-8
2019. 1-10!!!!
2020____________________

Your input means nothing
The ignore button was invented specifically for him.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
Show me somewhere where I said Purnell Swett was NOT my team. What you don't understand is I'd catch a grenade PS
I'd throw my hand on a blade for PS
I'd jump in front of a train for PS
Whether they are 1-10 or 10-1 you know I'd do anything for PS. You see the difference between you and I is that you would run away if Vance went 1-10. You would disown them - quickly. I stick around no matter the circumstances.
My point iiiiiiiisss ur trying to troll a team that didnt lose a regular season game in 4 yrs!!! That's 2016!!! Again I'm not a Creek fan but I'm jus stating the facts. And this coming from a person who may or may not cheer for Purnell Swett. If ur team cant even make the damn playoffs or get over 5 wins...who are u 2 clown a team who is one of the best teams in the country? JUS GO AWAY!!!

Seeing Charlotte area high school kids making an announcement of transferring from one high school to another on Twitter is just ridiculous.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
Seeing Charlotte area high school kids making an announcement of transferring from one high school to another on Twitter is just ridiculous.
The nature of the beast these days. Living in one of the best areas in the country for talent. When u look and see Vance, Creek, MP, Hough and at one time Butler, Indy...and parochial power CC. Why would u play at Garinger or South meck play 3+ yrs with no chance of winning or no NCAA exposure? Prime example look at my man Austin Grier..last yr at this time he was over at south meck going thru whatever it was going on over there...head coach jus got fired and team with no direction..fast forward a yr later besides Quarterbacking a state championship team to their 1st title and becoming a Vance legend in our history books...jus got an offer from one of the best ivy league schools in the country. Not saying he wouldnt have received it at south meck but winning that ship makes it all a lil sweeter.

Last edited:
The nature of the beast these days. Living in one of the best areas in the country for talent. When u look and see Vance, Creek, MP, Hough and at one time Butler, Indy...and parochial power CC. Why would u play at Garinger or South meck play 3+ yrs with no chance of winning or no NCAA exposure? Prime example look at my man Austin Grier..last yr at this time he was over at south meck going thru whatever it was going on over there...head coach jus got fired and team with no direction..fast forward a yr later besides Quarterbacking a state championship team to their 1st title and becoming a Vance legend in our history books...jus got an offer from one of the best ivy league schools in the country. Not saying he wouldnt have received it at south meck but winning that ship makes it all a lil sweeter.
He wouldn’t have received it at SM.

You know you over exaggerating the "sirens" the speakers was cut once Park got lined up. Usually with about 12-15 on the play clock.

Video provided to the NCHSAA showed the PA noise playing up until the snap when MP was on O. Should have been a warning and then a 15 yard penalty each subsequent violation. It would have been called in the Vance game.

Reactions: ocdavis31
Assuming that we get to play this game, how many fans do you think will show up at Bank of America Stadium for the contest? It's a premiere game for both states, there is no question about that, but will playing in a stadium that's about 7-times too large for the crowd take away from any of the excitement?

Assuming that we get to play this game, how many fans do you think will show up at Bank of America Stadium for the contest? It's a premiere game for both states, there is no question about that, but will playing in a stadium that's about 7-times too large for the crowd take away from any of the excitement?

Saturday night?? 5-7k probably but it will feel like half of that. I would prefer to watch it at MP. That place gets rocking.

Doesn't SM have a guy getting tons of offers? He seems to get NCAA exposure

I would like to compare it to a State Championship size crowd but bigger, and it gets plenty loud during those games in my opinion

That's correct, I was there and the sirens weren't shut off until the snap the entire night!
Lol y'all need to go back and look at the game. There are a few clips on YouTube. Not once did it go on until the snap. Raiders win that game no matter what. Don't fumble the ball or don't get a 15 yard penalty on the goal line and maybe you have a chance. Just get BETTER.

Lol y'all need to go back and look at the game. There are a few clips on YouTube. Not once did it go on until the snap. Raiders win that game no matter what. Don't fumble the ball or don't get a 15 yard penalty on the goal line and maybe you have a chance. Just get BETTER.

My statement had nothing to do with winning or losing. Film was provided of numerous plays with the PA playing up to the snap when MP was on O. It was addressed. It did not happen in the Vance game.

All I hear is a bunch of excuses. Looks like to me Richmond was the home team...its not called home field advantage for nothing. They cried a cpl yrs ago and had our home game moved. Dont make mistakes...get better coaching and you will win plain and simple. We went @Hough, Butler, Creek, W Forsyth, Richmond, and if you wanna add the state championship game...6 conservative weeks on the road. Myers Park get 1 away game with a few flickering lights and sirens and the wheels fall off. Says a lot about the character of the team 2 me if that REALLY was the reason why they loss. I wouldn't want the state champion representing NC 2 b that weak to me. IJS

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdadd11103
I was there to there every home game I'm there pa system is turned off way before the snaps. 704 I really enjoy really your post lol last year is over 3 great teams 3 great fan base vance richmond meyers park I hope pray we can have a season this year.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
I spoke with a Vance Coach last year after the Richmond game, He said the light show and sirens did nothing but piss them off. They were zoned in. We’ve been playing Vance for years, while their band was jamming throughout our entire offensive series. Win or lose, I would get laughed off the board if I even mentioned our opposition was making a lot of noise......Different Cultures of Football !

We tend to come to realize certain fan bases make excuses for when they lose but tell you to "suck it up" when u lose to them or somebody else. Anytime u make it to the 3rd of the playoffs or later...a damn light show or sirens should b the last thing to "bother" you. By this point its December and the state championship should b the only thing on your mind. After the creek game which has been one of our Achilles heel the last few yrs..we were dialed in..and like was said the RC light show was motivation...we got pumped off of it.

TD was scored, the penalty was for personal foul after the TD which should have been assessed on the kickoff, nice try! and you're wrong on the siren

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT