ADVERTISEMENT

Myers park @ Richmond

Na. You’d actually be wrong about that. I’ve never pulled for Richmond anyday. Today nor tomorrow. Yea karma to the fans. Good props to the team and kids though. Good season for the kids.

Hats off to Myers Park they had our number tonight! Good all around team! In my opinion there were some questionable calls, but really don’t think they would have changed the outcome! Great game, congrats!

I'd have to do a little research to see how many times we both made it to the 3rd round together. I know Richmond beat Scotland twice in the 2nd round in 97 and 98 on their way to back to back championships.

The biggest game Richmond and Scotland ever played was in 1978 when the Raiders beat the Scots 9-7 in the Eastern Regional Final the week before the Raiders won their first state championship against West Charlotte.

Apparently this game is a sore subject for Scotland fans as they believe there was a bad call that allowed this to happen.

EDIT: Ok apparently other than that 1978 game, the only other time Richmond and Scotland reached the Quarterfinals (3rd round) in the same year was 2012. Richmond lost that round to Jack Britt in a 56-52 slugfest. Scotland won their 3rd round matchup with EE Smith but went on to lose in the Semifinals the following week to New Bern.

Apparently when we make a deep run, they don't and when they do, we don't.
Played in the 78 game and still PO'D about it.

They backed all the smack talk up for sure.

They did RCO. I didn’t like the outcome, but we were just outmatched. We will be back and this was a good year, just have to keep raising the bar.

The more I read on MP, the more I wondered how good that passing game was. I was very impressed with the receiver routes and catches were great. They know how to catch for sure. The QB started off on his throws, but once he got warmed up, he can sling it. He knows where to put it, but it helps to have receivers like that and time to do it. It will take a defense that can put serious pressure on that QB to beat them. It seemed all the noise was around MC, Vance, and Hough, but this MP team may just make the most at the end.

They did RCO. I didn’t like the outcome, but we were just outmatched. We will be back and this was a good year, just have to keep raising the bar.

The more I read on MP, the more I wondered how good that passing game was. I was very impressed with the receiver routes and catches were great. They know how to catch for sure. The QB started off on his throws, but once he got warmed up, he can sling it. He knows where to put it, but it helps to have receivers like that and time to do it. It will take a defense that can put serious pressure on that QB to beat them. It seemed all the noise was around MC, Vance, and Hough, but this MP team may just make the most at the end.

Nahh! Everybody in Charlotte knew they were loaded. Just waiting on them to get tough. Looks like they found their Mojo.

Just finished my long ride home. MP was the better team tonight. The MP fans are a classless bunch though. I told them to leave the hoodlums home now somebody has to come back tomorrow and bail them out the parking lot behavior was uncalled for...

Raider7697, sorry about the loss. Richmond is one of the state's premier programs.
I wanted to ask if you saw Richmond's games with Wake Forest and Myers Park, and if so who would you pick should they meet in the finals.

Raider7697, sorry about the loss. Richmond is one of the state's premier programs.
I wanted to ask if you saw Richmond's games with Wake Forest and Myers Park, and if so who would you pick should they meet in the finals.

I saw both. MP

Thanks araiderfan, I'm hoping to be off from work and being able to see the 4AA championship. It looks like
Richmond is the only team to challenge WF. MP has another tough match next week against Vance. Thanks for the Info.

I saw both too. I haven’t seen Vance as they may have the right tools for MP. Wake was very good, but the scope may have changed with this new QB they went too if forums are true. Wake’s secondary will have to have improved or they will have to bring tons of pressure on the QB. Both would be recommended. He isn’t fast, but he doesn’t sit back and smoke a pack either. He has good field vision and gets rid of the ball in a timely manner. Wake would have to use ball control and limit the O time for MP. MP has a good defense, so tough call for me as they are two very different teams. A raiderfan may be spot on, but I would say it would be close Depending on this new QB for WF, which I haven’t seen. WF has a receiver on par with the MP receivers, but key word is a receiver for Wake. MP has a few star receivers. There is a good possibility this game will be played.

Raider7967, thanks for the response. May be a really good match. I'm looking forward to it. I'm only an hour out of Charlotte but I haven't seen a lot of their teams play. I usually watch 2A and 3A teams around here.
I have seen Richmond play, once, against Scotland County, I think it was 2002, in Laurinburg, on a Monday, due to the game being rained out on Friday.
That was one of, if not the largest crowd I've seen at a high school football game. Seems like Richmond won near the end of the game on a field goal.
Thanks again for the information.

Funny to see the Richmond guys already comparing a MP- WF match up. MP very hot right now and going to RC and blowing them out is certainly an eye opener but Vance is for real.

Two great football minds in Brand and Miles Aldridge and punch you in the mouth defense. The team they rolled tonight has every bit the talent that MP has if not more.

Forecast is for rain and very cold next Friday and Vance field not in great shape. Vance kids will make it a street fight.

Watching both teams play, I would have to say Vance has the advantage on defense in comparison to Myers Park. I believe the conditions will slow down Myers Park on the offensive side if the game is played at Vance. Whoever makes it out of the West, will be the best team WF has seen thus far. .

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Yea but... nobody's even mentioned Pinecrest. .. Congrats to the PATRIOTS . The school wanted to do away with the football program 10 or 12 years ago. Coach Metzger has done wonders there as they reached several milestones this year... Never say Never... from a Die-hard RICHMOND RAIDERS fan... carry on PINECREST PATRIOTS. .. you're in the BIG league now.

Funny to see the Richmond guys already comparing a MP- WF match up. MP very hot right now and going to RC and blowing them out is certainly an eye opener but Vance is for real.

Two great football minds in Brand and Miles Aldridge and punch you in the mouth defense. The team they rolled tonight has every bit the talent that MP has if not more.

Forecast is for rain and very cold next Friday and Vance field not in great shape. Vance kids will make it a street fight.

Yep, with that field and rain, I’d take Vance.

Yea but... nobody's even mentioned Pinecrest. .. Congrats to the PATRIOTS . The school wanted to do away with the football program 10 or 12 years ago. Coach Metzger has done wonders there as they reached several milestones this year... Never say Never... from a Die-hard RICHMOND RAIDERS fan... carry on PINECREST PATRIOTS. .. you're in the BIG league now.
Against WF, Pinecrest is a non-factor.

That was only because that specific match-up was asked to be compared by another poster directed to me. Notice I mentioned Vance may have the right tools before I stated anything. Otherwise, I would have never went there. It's not important this week and otherwise I just congratulated MP. Vance may win, just haven't seen them, but that wasn't the question asked. You took that out of context.

Pinecrest just doesn't have much of anyone that posts here. Big congratulations to Pinecrest! Getting to this round is a great achievement for them and a program that, at one point was in shambles. They are a factor since they made it this far. Big underdog, but they gave themselves a chance.

Reactions: Ben-Badd and nepsy7
That was only because that specific match-up was asked to be compared by another poster directed to me. Notice I mentioned Vance may have the right tools before I stated anything. Otherwise, I would have never went there. It's not important this week and otherwise I just congratulated MP. Vance may win, just haven't seen them, but that wasn't the question asked. You took that out of context.

Not just you. I have seen it as a foregone conclusion on multiple boards. You are right. its all about matchups. Richmond does not see alot of D1 Power 5 type talent in the pasing game week to week. Hard to practice one week and be ready for it. Not a slight, just reality. I thought the enviroment might rattle the young QB. Clearly it didnt.

Vance is built for and plays against that type of talent and scheme 4-5 times a year. Huge difference. Now...if Maye goes out and hits 17-25 and doesnt give it away like he did against Butler in the early game MP could win. I just think weather. field conditions combined with 4 or 5 kids on Vance who will play power 5 ball at next level on defense and defensive coordinator who is has coached at the NFL and College level will give MP some problems they didnt have last night. Make no mistake....I think MP is very good. I believe the top 5 Charlotte schools were all very good this year based mostly on defense and very good QB play.

Not just you. I have seen it as a foregone conclusion on multiple boards. You are right. its all about matchups. Richmond does not see alot of D1 Power 5 type talent in the pasing game week to week. Hard to practice one week and be ready for it. Not a slight, just reality. I thought the enviroment might rattle the young QB. Clearly it didnt.

Vance is built for and plays against that type of talent and scheme 4-5 times a year. Huge difference. Now...if Maye goes out and hits 17-25 and doesnt give it away like he did against Butler in the early game MP could win. I just think weather. field conditions combined with 4 or 5 kids on Vance who will play power 5 ball at next level on defense and defensive coordinator who is has coached at the NFL and College level will give MP some problems they didnt have last night. Make no mistake....I think MP is very good. I believe the top 5 Charlotte schools were all very good this year based mostly on defense and very good QB play.

I just wanted to make it clear that araider and I were responding only to a specific question asked. I haven't seen the other boards yet, but MP/WF is a premature topic. The poster may have thought that was the next game since they stated they normally follow 2a and 3a. I think it was more a curious question since they knew we had seen both play.

I agree styles make fights and that applies to football too. Tough match-up on paper and it showed on the field. I was in hopes we could put more pressure on the MP QB for our best chance. Credit to the MP Oline. It is hard to simulate in practice. Some of those catches would never have been made by a high school receiver. I'm a big Raider fan, but a realist.

Sounds like Vance has a good shot here and this thread is dying. No more skin in the game here, but may the best team win. It will be interesting.

I stand corrected...the poster knew Vance was next and just wanted our take since we played those two. All good.

The team we played last night would be no comparison to the team we played 14 weeks ago. If you could do that then, of course MP would be the favorite. I'm certain that WF has improved 12 times since then. As you say, we may not see that matchup this year, but it wouldn't surprise me. I know nothing about Vance. I know they better be ready for a team with NO class and very unsportsmanlike .Don't play MR. NICE GUY with them cuz they can get NASTY. I don't know if it's a growing fad or what, it seems to be going around this year with the fights and stuff going on. I know Richmond didn't expect those guys to come off the busses and come out onto our field and do what they did. We hadn't seen anything like that this year if ever. I know that behavior didn't have anything to do with the outcome, but it should have been an unsportsmanlike or something, although the game hadn't started yet. I feel like the athletic association will have to deal with these type issues eventually or these teenage kids are getting the wrong message. HEY...we had a very good year...GO RAIDERS.

Reactions: ggman
The team we played last night would be no comparison to the team we played 14 weeks ago. If you could do that then, of course MP would be the favorite. I'm certain that WF has improved 12 times since then. As you say, we may not see that matchup this year, but it wouldn't surprise me. I know nothing about Vance. I know they better be ready for a team with NO class and very unsportsmanlike .Don't play MR. NICE GUY with them cuz they can get NASTY. I don't know if it's a growing fad or what, it seems to be going around this year with the fights and stuff going on. I know Richmond didn't expect those guys to come off the busses and come out onto our field and do what they did. We hadn't seen anything like that this year if ever. I know that behavior didn't have anything to do with the outcome, but it should have been an unsportsmanlike or something, although the game hadn't started yet. I feel like the athletic association will have to deal with these type issues eventually or these teenage kids are getting the wrong message. HEY...we had a very good year...GO RAIDERS.

Lol...best way to make that stuff go away...WIN.

Reactions: mustanglover45
Well, I knew that was comin. That's the way they do it. I won't go there any further...let em fight...lol.

Lol...best way to make that stuff go away...WIN.

Lol...I had to comment on that. I actually didn't see it, but heard some people talking. It's in the past now, but the absolute way you stop that is to beat their ace on the field the right way (Football scoreboard folks) and make them respect you when they leave. Show some class during the process and they will really respect you.

Ben-Badd-2008 game against Indy. Their field. Captains came out for both teams. Indy captains are jumping up and down and kind of laughing at our captains. Our guys just looked at them, shook their hands, and beat them on the field. I knew those captains very well for us that year. Great kids. That was all the redemption we needed. We will have plenty more opportunities in the future too.

It's football, not a prom date. Winners win. When they lose, they go work harder to get better and come out better the next time. That's what makes them winners. RC has that mentality now. We will be fine, so let's focus on the next stomping being during play.

At the end of the day, this is the problem with Charlotte football. The teams (and their student sections) are taught that it's OK to be a douche canoe. I am a teacher of students. I am a "coach" of sorts and if my group EVER acted like any of those students....EVER.... we would get back on the bus. I TEACH my students to win with class...lose with class and ACT like they've been taught at home....and they don't DARE cross me! EVER! Sadly, some of my students haven't been taught much at home so that falls on my shoulders to show them how to act. I teach in a very poor area in the dead center of a medium sized city. An INNER CITY SCHOOL. If you can't teach a bunch of silver spoon, privileged kids from the upper middle class area of Charlotte to conduct themselves with pride and self-respect then I frankly have no use for you as a human being. Scott Chadwick needs to do a better job. PERIOD. I don't care about Final Scores. I care about raising and teaching MEN to act like MEN! The coaching staff there failed.

Don't even get me started on the student section. Look I get it. Your job is to outdo the other student section. Don't care what you say or do in the stands, but don't run into the parking lot acting like idiots. I called them out. I told a bunch of them, that looked like they weighed 100 lbs soaking wet, to "Go Home Nerds" So one little fella looked back at me like he was gonna say something, and he saw a 6'2 300lb grown man staring at him and he said, "Have a good night sir" I shook his hand and told him to be safe going home. I know they were being kids, but you cannot do that kinda crap. They are lucky they didn't get arrested (I hope none did) but it's absolutely embarrassing for that school and that administration. To be fair, I did see a few Richmond kids in the parking lot jawing, but it was literally 2 of them compared to a mob from the other team.

When you have 3 schools in CMS have their seasons ended for their on field conduct......and you have this kind of mess going on with other schools (I see you Hough) It's a problem. I wish to God, the NCHSAA and the CMS Athletic Director would take some action and make an example out of any school that allows this type of behavior to perpetuate. It's unacceptable in any sport and it's DANGEROUS when emotions run so high in the sport of football.

The referees did a piss poor job managing that game. So many 15 yard unsportsmanlike calls made that should have never happened if they had nipped this crap in the bud at the beginning of the game. Tom Warner or whatever the white hat's name is did a bad job. He needs to be told he did a bad job so this mess doesn't happen on his watch again.

Bottom Line: Kids will succeed if we teach them. They will Fail if we let them. We need to do a better job.

They played such a great game and deserve to go win a title. It's a shame they don't act like champions.

Reactions: Ben-Badd and ggman
At the end of the day, this is the problem with Charlotte football. The teams (and their student sections) are taught that it's OK to be a douche canoe. I am a teacher of students. I am a "coach" of sorts and if my group EVER acted like any of those students....EVER.... we would get back on the bus. I TEACH my students to win with class...lose with class and ACT like they've been taught at home....and they don't DARE cross me! EVER! Sadly, some of my students haven't been taught much at home so that falls on my shoulders to show them how to act. I teach in a very poor area in the dead center of a medium sized city. An INNER CITY SCHOOL. If you can't teach a bunch of silver spoon, privileged kids from the upper middle class area of Charlotte to conduct themselves with pride and self-respect then I frankly have no use for you as a human being. Scott Chadwick needs to do a better job. PERIOD. I don't care about Final Scores. I care about raising and teaching MEN to act like MEN! The coaching staff there failed.

Don't even get me started on the student section. Look I get it. Your job is to outdo the other student section. Don't care what you say or do in the stands, but don't run into the parking lot acting like idiots. I called them out. I told a bunch of them, that looked like they weighed 100 lbs soaking wet, to "Go Home Nerds" So one little fella looked back at me like he was gonna say something, and he saw a 6'2 300lb grown man staring at him and he said, "Have a good night sir" I shook his hand and told him to be safe going home. I know they were being kids, but you cannot do that kinda crap. They are lucky they didn't get arrested (I hope none did) but it's absolutely embarrassing for that school and that administration. To be fair, I did see a few Richmond kids in the parking lot jawing, but it was literally 2 of them compared to a mob from the other team.

When you have 3 schools in CMS have their seasons ended for their on field conduct......and you have this kind of mess going on with other schools (I see you Hough) It's a problem. I wish to God, the NCHSAA and the CMS Athletic Director would take some action and make an example out of any school that allows this type of behavior to perpetuate. It's unacceptable in any sport and it's DANGEROUS when emotions run so high in the sport of football.

The referees did a piss poor job managing that game. So many 15 yard unsportsmanlike calls made that should have never happened if they had nipped this crap in the bud at the beginning of the game. Tom Warner or whatever the white hat's name is did a bad job. He needs to be told he did a bad job so this mess doesn't happen on his watch again.

Bottom Line: Kids will succeed if we teach them. They will Fail if we let them. We need to do a better job.

They played such a great game and deserve to go win a title. It's a shame they don't act like champions.

There was fights in the parking lot after the game. A large contingent of deputy sheriffs swarmed the MP charter busses.

Thank You Mr. DCI. I thought I was just an old an fighting a losing battle. Am so glad someone else agrees. I understand about let it GO and get them next time... it's not out of our hands as citizens and fans. The civilized part of us can see it and it is uncalled for... let it go now and it only gets worse if you don't believe me, then just watch the. Channel 9 news 5 mornings in a row and see if youngster is not involved in a serious shooting in the Charlotte area. Almost every night. O.k. so we don't mention it...let it go... let them go through high school with that behaviour. .. (none of my business ) right. It would never change the outcome of the score. Richmond was SUCKER PUNCHED.. They never saw that one coming. So...what do we do about it? Retaliate next year and everybody act like that. Well... I hope not. And as we all know, that was not the only incident like that this year...kids were expelled...games were forfeited. ..some teams didn't get to play specific games that they prolly would have rather played... I guess I'm just an old Crybaby. That's not what they taught us at RICHMOND SENIOR HIGH 1972 and I don't think they're teaching that now..Hope not..GO RAIDERS. ..

Great argument until you associated all Charlotte schools with this garbage. Charlotte is not inclusive to this behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT