ADVERTISEMENT

Myers park @ Richmond

I wonder who coached them Lions back then?

In 1988 when when Richmond beat them in the championship it was Bruce Hardin. When we beat West Charlotte in the regular season and the playoffs in 97 and 98 it was Tom Knotts. Rudy Abrams was the coach in 78 the first time Richmond beat them in the championship.

Well, thanks DCI... was just ask in a friend a while ago and he was say in we never beat a Knotts coached team. That was some good teams. Not takin nothing away from the kids we got now and coming up though. GO RAIDERS ...

Well, thanks DCI... was just ask in a friend a while ago and he was say in we never beat a Knotts coached team. That was some good teams. Not takin nothing away from the kids we got now and coming up though. GO RAIDERS ...

They beat Knotts team in 08 as well at Independence

Reactions: Ben-Badd
What year was it that Richmond played in Memorial stadium?

We've played at memorial at least twice and I think maybe 3 times. I believe it was 98 Richmond defeated West Charlotte. Lost to Independence when Chris leak was a senior at Memorial (maybe 02?).

In 08 we played Indy at their home. Prior to the game, the Indy folks in the press box had already discounted Richmond and were discussing the following week's matchup against another Charlotte opponent.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
I still can’t pee!! :(
UPDATE: Good news.... I’m streaming live right now and I’m not talking about the internet!! Mustangs is a cool name and Creek makes a high school sounds elite. Oh....and I’m not just saying that because I’m a Middle Creek Mustangs fan. And for the record, I love country folk because without them I’d have to mow my own lawn.

We've played at memorial at least twice and I think maybe 3 times. I believe it was 98 Richmond defeated West Charlotte. Lost to Independence when Chris leak was a senior at Memorial (maybe 02?).

In 08 we played Indy at their home. Prior to the game, the Indy folks in the press box had already discounted Richmond and were discussing the following week's matchup against another Charlotte opponent.

The 08 game was the West Finals so they must have been talking about next year because the next game was in Chapel Hill lol

02 was Joe Cox year bc I remember Dannell hitting him so hard in that game.

01 and 02 against Indy western finals. Butler in regular season I think in 2011

I had just moved to Charlotte from Atlanta, my brother and I couldn't figure out why 2 college teams were playing on a Friday Night? The crowd was that large. We were shocked to find out it was 2 high schools....lol

Wow, you guys are getting old. We lost 20-18 in 2003 against Joe Cox at Memorial, and then got our butts handed to us in 2004 at Memorial as well. We only played Chris Leak once and that was his sophomore year in 2000 at Raider Stadium. It was a rather close game until the 4th quarter and then the Indy legend was born.

We also played Butler at Memorial a few times as well as Myers Park in 1999. Richmond has played there quite a bit.

There are exactly 2 Creek guys who post here on a regular. That would be Blue and Gold22 and myself. Great thing about NCPREPS. You can go back as far as 2014 to verify post. Not one post did we say anything about Richmond not standing a chance against The Creek or any other team in Charlotte. It was quite the opposite. I know I compared them to Colquitt County in Georgia which is a huge compliment. Who didn't expect Richmond to make it this far? They're definitely not the underdog. The Creek is getting ready for Track. So good luck to both teams.

I would have to agree there have been more respectful post than not concerning Richmond and Charlotte teams. I had some great conversations with Butler fans before and after the game. True fans can root for their team and still appreciate other good programs. There was some jealousy pre-2000 from Charlotte and then the same for us towards Charlotte Post 2000. I think things have calmed down and instead of complaining about the bar being raised, teams are working on raising their own bar. Look at Wake Forest.

Wow, you guys are getting old. We lost 20-18 in 2003 against Joe Cox at Memorial, and then got our butts handed to us in 2004 at Memorial as well. We only played Chris Leak once and that was his sophomore year in 2000 at Raider Stadium. It was a rather close game until the 4th quarter and then the Indy legend was born.

We also played Butler at Memorial a few times as well as Myers Park in 1999. Richmond has played there quite a bit.

That 2003 game! I remember that one...heart breaker for us. I remember a RC coach saying they looked at the game film for Indy 2004 to prepare and just shook their heads. That was a freakishly good team.

I'd have to do a little research to see how many times we both made it to the 3rd round together. I know Richmond beat Scotland twice in the 2nd round in 97 and 98 on their way to back to back championships.

The biggest game Richmond and Scotland ever played was in 1978 when the Raiders beat the Scots 9-7 in the Eastern Regional Final the week before the Raiders won their first state championship against West Charlotte.

Apparently this game is a sore subject for Scotland fans as they believe there was a bad call that allowed this to happen.

EDIT: Ok apparently other than that 1978 game, the only other time Richmond and Scotland reached the Quarterfinals (3rd round) in the same year was 2012. Richmond lost that round to Jack Britt in a 56-52 slugfest. Scotland won their 3rd round matchup with EE Smith but went on to lose in the Semifinals the following week to New Bern.

Apparently when we make a deep run, they don't and when they do, we don't.

That's how we keep the conference representation balanced,lol. This is for sure the first time WE, Scotland, and Pinecrest have enjoyed the third round in the same year. Trifecta would be awesome!

I snapped for the field goal attempt that would have put us up 21-20 in 2003 with about a minute left.

Independence's side seemed quiet in the moment, but roared when we missed.

Good memories, haha.

I snapped for the field goal attempt that would have put us up 21-20 in 2003 with about a minute left.

Independence's side seemed quiet in the moment, but roared when we missed.

Good memories, haha.

Yea I know...we have had a lot of good ones that went our way though. The 1990 West Forsyth state championship game on the last play...

Reactions: 68Raider04
Well I won’t be able to make the game now thanks to Raleigh traffic...so g104 it is. Man I hate I’m going to miss this one. Please come with the updates!!!! Let’s goooooo RAIDERS!!!!!!!

Well I won’t be able to make the game now thanks to Raleigh traffic...so g104 it is. Man I hate I’m going to miss this one. Please come with the updates!!!! Let’s goooooo RAIDERS!!!!!!!

I'm sure someone will be updating along with the radio broadcasts/stream. If I could send you a PM, be glad to text updates, but I think that is a premium member thing. I just don't see that option.

Mp comes out disrespects our field and the diamond in the middle. Coaches start jawing at each other. Maybe a bad move for the vistors cause this crowd is hype now.

ScottishlawB13 or what ever your hash tag is I have one response to you. Kiss our green and gold butt!! Its ones like you who never show their cowardly ugly faces until something bad happens to other teams you dislike that you want to come out of your hole. You give the classy Scotland faithful a bad rap, but the rest of us see through either your immaturity or lack of class. I think it would be lack of maturity thus B13, for 13 years old.

Go Raiders!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT