ADVERTISEMENT

Myers park @ Richmond

By this time tomorrow someone would have scored because of a fumble

What kind of crowd is expected...does Myers park fans travel well...id assume richmond side be standing room only

While I'll admit Richmond does have an explosive offense, the MP defense is playing at a high level right now. I believe MP has a better defense than scotland for sure(don't know much about pine forest) as scotland gave up 49 to butler and MP held a healthy butler team to 8 points last week. Also, the MP offense is rolling as well. Butler had a pretty good defense and MP put up 33 and easily left 3 scores off the board, could have gotten 50 if it weren't for a few questionable calls. Looking forward to see them parkboyz on friday.

It's gonna be a long ride home for you folks.

Reactions: Ben-Badd and S2V2
I’m so excited for this game that I’m unable to urinate.....or it could be a kidney stone....anyway....I narrowed it down to those two potential causes. :(

Reactions: DCImonkey
So many good games this week I feel like I forgot about this one. UTR is sure to get the highlights of this one. At least I hope so.

If students come over to our side there are going to be some issues with our students. We tend to travel very well.
really not a true Myers Park fella but I might be cray cray
proxy.php

If students come over to our side there are going to be some issues with our students. We tend to travel very well.

Expect some Raider fans to be on the visitors side, but probably not many students. The fans that sit on that side usually do for better seating/room, but have been a pretty calm group the last few years. I hope MP fans do come out strong...this should be fun.

Reactions: mustanglover45
MP students, players, etc. have been talkin trash on social media all week! We Richmond County folk are pig farmin, goat ropin, inbred, trailer trash rednecks! Lol I love it! Add fuel to da far so dem raider youngens take a notion to whip dem city slickers come mar nite! Y’all come back now, ya hear!!!!

Leave the hoodlums at home it will be full grown county folk over there. You must have never been here you will be in a sea of green and gold your head will ache from the chants and you will hear cowbells ring for days. Eat a nice meal before the game you won't feel like eating afterwards...

All the talk of Raider magic, the absolutely powerful team they have, with speed and talent all over the field. Along with the Raiders fanbase and possible long ride home, not sure why Myers Park will show up. Looks like the Raiders will put up 40 with no problem. That little, inexperienced Myers Park team just doesn’t stand much of a chance.

All the talk of Raider magic, the absolutely powerful team they have, with speed and talent all over the field. Along with the Raiders fanbase and possible long ride home, not sure why Myers Park will show up. Looks like the Raiders will put up 40 with no problem. That little, inexperienced Myers Park team just doesn’t stand much of a chance.

Nah...no one around here is taking MP lightly. Every game is a state championship game at this point. I hope the fan base will show up the way they used to...if so, the stadium will be packed. You going to come down?

Boys Boys Boys
Now lissen hear my cussins
What else you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Mamma wons told me to hit back if I get Hit. Boys y'all know you is expected to hit back cause them Park boys, I said boy them-them-them Park boys thank theys gona make some noise. The only noise we gona hear is them Richmond boys saying "GET OFF ME"

Now boys y'all had all day to chop chop and now at lets say 10:48pm all the chop chop begins and mess. Ima thanking them Park boys thank Richmond is gona lay the Gold down and turnt in thur uniform. Aint nobody want'n to heer that chop. Lissen boys, I said lissen boys less just chop this game and take that W. Them Park boys is gonna have a hevy load taking the L all the way home. Now lets get some good rest cause aintcha gota be early at the gate.

Anyone know where tickets can be purchased early or am I too late?
This is like axking "hey Boys, is y'all know where I can get $100 plane ticket to Alaska tomorrow, flying out-ah Fayetville or am I too late"

This is like axking "hey Boys, is y'all know where I can get $100 plane ticket to Alaska tomorrow, flying out-ah Fayetville or am I too late"

You never get the sale if you don't ask for it either. I was able to translate your analogy.

Reactions: S2V2
I stated the opposite earlier this week with all the talk of the big time NFL bloodline that Myers Park brings that maybe the Raiders should just throw in the towel. Nobody expected our boys to make it this far so yes we are proud of this young team. All the talk of them Creek boys and all the other city teams that our country boys didn't stand a chance so most of us are just having some fun with the talk. There is life after tonight whether our boys win or lose. Lighten up dude.

Handle your business Raiders. Ride them Mustangs all the way back to Charlotte!!!
Handle your business Raiders. Ride them Mustangs all the way back to Charlotte!!!
Like I said, those poor pitiful Mustangs might as well not show up against the Raiders, champions of the state’s best conference. It should mercifully have a running clock in the third quarter. I just hope those kids aren’t scarred for life after their trip to Raider land.

I stated the opposite earlier this week with all the talk of the big time NFL bloodline that Myers Park brings that maybe the Raiders should just throw in the towel. Nobody expected our boys to make it this far so yes we are proud of this young team. All the talk of them Creek boys and all the other city teams that our country boys didn't stand a chance so most of us are just having some fun with the talk. There is life after tonight whether our boys win or lose. Lighten up dude.
It’s not just the Creek. You guys can’t stand anyone from Charlotte.

It’s not just the Creek. You guys can’t stand anyone from Charlotte.

Mr Honda, you haven't been in NC long enough to know. Even the old TV sports guy from Charlotte used to talk junk about the "country boys" from Richmond County. We just don't take offense at it and have fun with it. We can both take it and dish it out.

No hate here for the city slickers. But like every fan from every team, we hope to kick their butts and send them home sad!!

ETA: Folks from the city think calling us "country" is a put down, but we choose it, live it, and love it.

Last edited:
Mr Honda, you haven't been in NC long enough to know. Even the old TV sports guy from Charlotte used to talk junk about the "country boys" from Richmond County. We just don't take offense at it and have fun with it. We can both take it and dish it out.

No hate here for the city slickers. But like every fan from every team, we hope to kick their butts and send them home sad!!

ETA: Folks from the city think calling us "country" is a put down, but we choose it, live it, and love it.

I have to agree, it seemed like back in the day esp. the sportcaster from WSOC (can’t remember his name) could not stand Richmond. It was a lot of people (sport people) from Charlotte who would say slick jabs about Richmond when we played in Charlotte. And when the Raiders lose....man they would let EVERYONE KNOW. I live in Raleigh now so I don’t know how it is now, but in the past it use to be bad!

I have to agree, it seemed like back in the day esp. the sportcaster from WSOC (can’t remember his name) could not stand Richmond. It was a lot of people (sport people) from Charlotte who would say slick jabs about Richmond when we played in Charlotte. And when the Raiders lose....man they would let EVERYONE KNOW. I live in Raleigh now so I don’t know how it is now, but in the past it use to be bad!
:(

I’ve lived with so called country folks. Good people .

There are exactly 2 Creek guys who post here on a regular. That would be Blue and Gold22 and myself. Great thing about NCPREPS. You can go back as far as 2014 to verify post. Not one post did we say anything about Richmond not standing a chance against The Creek or any other team in Charlotte. It was quite the opposite. I know I compared them to Colquitt County in Georgia which is a huge compliment. Who didn't expect Richmond to make it this far? They're definitely not the underdog. The Creek is getting ready for Track. So good luck to both teams.

Reactions: TarheelRaider
There are exactly 2 Creek guys who post here on a regular. That would be Blue and Gold22 and myself. Great thing about NCPREPS. You can go back as far as 2014 to verify post. Not one post did we say anything about Richmond not standing a chance against The Creek or any other team in Charlotte. It was quite the opposite. I know I compared them to Colquitt County in Georgia which is a huge compliment. Who didn't expect Richmond to make it this far? They're definitely not the underdog. The Creek is getting ready for Track. So good luck to both teams.
HERE WE GO BOYS
I see what y’all are talking about

Last edited:
Harold Johnson goes back beyond 2014.. lol about the beginning of time I think... j/k... that makes me old. I can certainly recall some smack over t.v. sports back then. Richmond has paid their dues and earned their way since then though and I promise you deep down... aint nobody takin them lightly. We usually hear more smack from " you know who " Nobody likes a winner except the winner... (question ) has Richmond and Scotland ever gotten this far in the same season? just curious.

Reactions: GreenandGold
Well, Mr. Johnson didn't care too much for these lil ole boys from Richmond whoopin up on his highly rated West Charlotte Lions and th likes back then...

Reactions: S2V2 and nepsy7
(question ) has Richmond and Scotland ever gotten this far in the same season? just curious.

I'd have to do a little research to see how many times we both made it to the 3rd round together. I know Richmond beat Scotland twice in the 2nd round in 97 and 98 on their way to back to back championships.

The biggest game Richmond and Scotland ever played was in 1978 when the Raiders beat the Scots 9-7 in the Eastern Regional Final the week before the Raiders won their first state championship against West Charlotte.

Apparently this game is a sore subject for Scotland fans as they believe there was a bad call that allowed this to happen.

EDIT: Ok apparently other than that 1978 game, the only other time Richmond and Scotland reached the Quarterfinals (3rd round) in the same year was 2012. Richmond lost that round to Jack Britt in a 56-52 slugfest. Scotland won their 3rd round matchup with EE Smith but went on to lose in the Semifinals the following week to New Bern.

Apparently when we make a deep run, they don't and when they do, we don't.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT