ADVERTISEMENT

Myers park @ Richmond

S2V2

Feb 28, 2018
CLICK ON THIS DIAGRAM FOR A BETTER OPTICAL ILLUSION

ART8Ew0.jpg

Last edited:
Payday is coming.. this is a different group of kids and coaches and I do believe in them...YES YOU CAN... GO RAIDERS.

MP has huge lines and exceptional on the outside (DBs & WRs). Their QB can sling it.

This Richmond team is loaded, fast, strong, disciplined, and full of surprises. 10 years coming...I don't think we've seen it all yet...SPECIAL. I'll take RICHMOND. .. GO RAIDERS.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
The goal for No. 2 Richmond heading into its third-round playoff matchup is to play better, in all facets of the game. They must play better than they played with Reagan. I say this just to simply to raise the Bar and stay ahead of its next contender. If I had to take anything away from this last game it would be for the line to protect their quarterback a bit longer. He had to run a couples times.....over all the line is strong. You dont see any fat guys out there. Richmond is muscle built

------------------- BREAK -------------------
FCuC0yV.jpg

The goal for No. 2 Richmond heading into its third-round playoff matchup is to play better, in all facets of the game. They must play better than they played with Reagan. I say this just to simply to raise the Bar and stay ahead of its next contender. If I had to take anything away from this last game it would be for the line to protect their quarterback a bit longer. He had to run a couples times.....over all the line is strong. You dont see any fat guys out there. Richmond is muscle built

------------------- BREAK -------------------
FCuC0yV.jpg

That was a fair statement for Nepsy to make and he was right; he seen Butler because Mallard Creek played them and he has not seen Richmond; it’s fair for me to say I know nothing about Purnell Sweet; Sweet to Victory why are you so hard on Mallard Creek the state of NC should be glad we have a program like Mallard Creek that will play the best any given Friday.

Dcov
Hope your thanksgiving went well sir. How are you looking at this game?

Last edited:
Richmond don't stand a chance against them city boys that have all that NFL bloodline. Just hope our boys can keep from having a running clock against them in second half.

Reactions: S2V2
Richmond don't stand a chance against them city boys that have all that NFL bloodline. Just hope our boys can keep from having a running clock against them in second half.
You could be right. This wus the first time in 10 years they have beaten Butler and mess. They broke the school record for having 11 wins for 3 consecutive years.

Now Boys remember this.....I said boys remember that them Richmond boys is currently averaging 41.5 points per game in the playoffs

If you Boys wunt to know somthang magical them Raiders have had a lot of magical success in every yeer that has ended with “8.” I know I aint got to say this but if you already know please disregard. Anyhow, Richmond won the state title in 2008, 1998, 1988 and 1978.

And what yeer are we on boys - 2018.

@ Sweat2victory I see this as anybody’s ball game; Charlotte-Mecklenburg Co. schools has had our # for years; Myers Park is darn good football team, Richmond DB’s better be in shape and ready to go! Whomever makes the least amount of mistakes will win the game and face Char. Hough or Vance from Mecklenburg Co. Welcome to the Wild Wild West.

This will be like the rest of em...if RICHMOND shows up they score 40...and they won't give up 20... no matter who it is..I. just wait...GO RAIDERS .

@ Sweat2victory I see this as anybody’s ball game; Charlotte-Mecklenburg Co. schools has had our # for years; Myers Park is darn good football team, Richmond DB’s better be in shape and ready to go! Whomever makes the least amount of mistakes will win the game and face Char. Hough or Vance from Mecklenburg Co. Welcome to the Wild Wild West.
First of all its "Welcome to the Jungle"
Second - I am completly on the same sheet of music with you. Them Meck Checka Checka boys has had Richmonds number, their magic, and they coming here to win with a capital W. But Mr. dcov you have to just believe this time that Richmond will come play with a Bold mentality.

LET ME EXPLAIN
Them Meck boys are coming to the Rock trying to get this ---------> W
Them Richmond Boys are playing at The Rock trying to get this ------->W

Get it?

------------------------- BREAK -------------------------
By Raider regulations, they are to stay quiet, determined, and focused until after 2145hrs on Friday 30 November.

I dont know who is talking the talk talk talk about What's hatning at The Rock on Friday but I'll tell you what - I'm going to open their mind for a different view because, I said boy because forever Richmond trust in who they are and Nothing Else Matters

Last edited:
The home field advantage is not going to matter at all. Myers Park students travel well no matter where the game is. They show up very rowdy and will be very tough for y'all. Apparently there was some friendly trash talk being said between students. It will be a very exciting game but I believe it will be very tough for Richmond against these college prospects. Our defense really stepped up last week and the whole unit played exceptional like our middle linebacker, Jake Harkleroad, had 22 tackles against Butler last week and our 2 wide receivers and quarterback are the best in the state (other than Sam Howell). It will be a very good game and I am excited to see the banter between both groups of students.

Final:
Mustangs 38, Richmond 24

Richmond has been held to 24 points in 2 games (SC and PF who have very good defenses). Unless y’all telling me MP has those caliber defenses I can’t see MP holding Richmond to 24 points. They only gave up over 38 this entire season (against WF) and that was before the defense was jelling together. I don’t see them giving up 38. I agree Home Field isn’t going to matter..it’s the playoffs. One thing for certain though, MP better be ready because this Raider team will hit you in the mouth.

While I'll admit Richmond does have an explosive offense, the MP defense is playing at a high level right now. I believe MP has a better defense than scotland for sure(don't know much about pine forest) as scotland gave up 49 to butler and MP held a healthy butler team to 8 points last week. Also, the MP offense is rolling as well. Butler had a pretty good defense and MP put up 33 and easily left 3 scores off the board, could have gotten 50 if it weren't for a few questionable calls. Looking forward to see them parkboyz on friday.

Reactions: GreenandGold
While I'll admit Richmond does have an explosive offense, the MP defense is playing at a high level right now. I believe MP has a better defense than scotland for sure(don't know much about pine forest) as scotland gave up 49 to butler and MP held a healthy butler team to 8 points last week. Also, the MP offense is rolling as well. Butler had a pretty good defense and MP put up 33 and easily left 3 scores off the board, could have gotten 50 if it weren't for a few questionable calls. Looking forward to see them parkboyz on friday.
Mr Mustanglover
You have posted more than a viral Facebook post in the past 50mins that it worries my soul on your worries for MP

Did you know that strange phenomenons have happened at The Rock. At one time all cell phone service went out. It’s almost like AREA 51 - you just don’t know what’s inside the dome. Worst off is that you can’t see it - MAGIC

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben-Badd
The home field advantage is not going to matter at all. Myers Park students travel well no matter where the game is. They show up very rowdy and will be very tough for y'all. Apparently there was some friendly trash talk being said between students. It will be a very exciting game but I believe it will be very tough for Richmond against these college prospects. Our defense really stepped up last week and the whole unit played exceptional like our middle linebacker, Jake Harkleroad, had 22 tackles against Butler last week and our 2 wide receivers and quarterback are the best in the state (other than Sam Howell). It will be a very good game and I am excited to see the banter between both groups of students.

Final:
Mustangs 38, Richmond 24
Uhhhhhhh..I wouldn't exactly agree with that 14 point differential. Don't underestimate how tough it is to be successful at Richmond's place. If MP isn't totally ready, the Raiders move on.

Reactions: Ben-Badd

The Scotland team Butler faced early this season is NOT the same team now. The Defenses are totally different. Also, the first MP/Butler game you can throw out bc MP didn’t score 30 and Butler I think hit 39. It’s what you doing for me lately. Lately MP is playing great, but so is Richmond.

Mr Mustanglover
You have posted more than a viral Facebook post in the past 50mins that it worries my soul on your worries for MP

Did you know that strange phenomenons have happened at The Rock. At one time all cell phone service went out. It’s almost like AREA 51 - you just don’t know what’s inside the dome. Worst off is that you can’t see it - MAGIC
I agree with you. He might want to hold it down a bit.

I will say this..... I think homefield advantage is overrated this deep in the playoffs....especially at Richmond because our visitors seating is nicer than many teams home seating and can accommodate ALL of their fans. The atmosphere pre-game is something special, but after the whistle blows, it doesn't really matter.

That said.....many years ago, I stated on this board...and I believe Kount Klepto agreed with me....Richmond is more dangerous as an underdog and on the road. In 2008, when they went to West Charlotte and Indy with a chip on their shoulder, coming in with 3 losses and a tie, they just straight up hit em in the mouth..... Butler has gotten the best of Richmond the past few years but the 2 times they won, where was the game? Not in Rockingham. On the flipside of that, Richmond has lost a few games in Rockingham that that they had no business losing.

I think there has always been a problem with the wine and cheese crowd on the 50 yard line and unless that has gone away in the past few years, I expect more of the same. I'll freely admit, last Friday was the first home game I've been to in years since I am currently employed at another high school and must attend all of their games during the regular season.....but I have taken notice of the hype surrounding this years squad and the buzz in the community. I think this week's crowd might remind us of the glory days of Raider football....before the fanbase became spoiled and in some cases, apathetic.

Having a few down years has been good for Raider football. I hope it has made the Raider faithful realize just how good they've always had it in Richmond County. I'm sure after a 7-5 campaign last season and bowing out in the 1st round has made some realize just how special it is to go past Thanksgiving. Best yet, I think it's raised the standards for the players. I've enjoyed following this team on social media and seeing them celebrate their accomplishments from showing up during the off season workouts to making the A/B Honor Roll. We didn't have social media when I was a student, so I can't compare them to the old days, but this team shows a lot of heart...and they believe in each other and I think more than any homefield advantage.....THAT is the real Raider Magic and that is something you cannot quantify. X's and O's have nothing on Heart + Talent + Preparedness.

Win or Lose, I'm excited for this scrappy group....and best yet, many of the key guys are sophomores so we get to see it for 2 more years.

Speaking of X's and O's , I really don't think all this seasonal history matters that much such as we beat them by 14 and ya'll only beat em by 12 and yeah but they beat y'all and we beat them however John had a sprained elbow that night...hey as they say, once the whistle blows, "throw it out the window " NOW is the time... this should be a good one. GO RAIDERS.

I heard they are even bringing the Park with them. Heard this was taken in Richmond
TrailerPark2.jpg

If Myers Park underestimate the Raiders, they will definitely go home with a "L".

This gonna be a hellava game. A RAIDER STADIUM classic. RAIDERS have to bring the A+ game from here on out.

Remember the park boys currently has won six games in a row and if you really look at the big picture them Park boys are two games away from its first champ appearance since 65'.

Now out cheer at The Rock them Richmond boys is allowing 6.8 points per game.

This is the game about the two best sophomore quarterbacks in Kakilaki.

What i'm thanking about is them Park boys WR...............Is they be looking like Megatron or Jerry Rice or what?

That mess tearing my nerves up....I bees losing sleep

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT