ADVERTISEMENT

Myers Park at Richmond

Can we please protest not to get the same referees this coming up game against Vance as we got this week , against Myers park they made horrible calls agains both teams and some calls it took them forever to decide what it was going to be . I want this to be a fair clean game .
Let both teams play ball

Reactions: dcov33
Can we please protest not to get the same referees this coming up game against Vance as we got this week , against Myers park they made horrible calls agains both teams and some calls it took them forever to decide what it was going to be . I want this to be a fair clean game .
Let both teams play ball

Refs were fine. Might have been a missed call here or there but it went both ways.

They played against inferior talent all yr. I seen a bunch of MP posters bragging and boasting about beating Garinger and So Meck, I knew that soft schedule would come back 2 bite them. With how weak that conference schedule they should have played a cpl of tough OOC games. Plus the arrogance of Chadwick to jus pass, no kind of scheme or run game..jus throw 50/50 balls all game, u cant out athlete every1.
That schedule didn’t come back to bite them that much. A couple of calls go the other way, Richmond is sitting home wondering how it could happen again? Now to more objectivity, Richmond’s offense will need to click against that tough Vance defense. The reason is that Richmond defense in the playoffs is giving up nearly 30 points per game. Vance has allowed 14 total, including only 7 against Mallard Creek.

In my eyes there was questionable calls both ways. Yeah Myers Park May have won if they didn’t run into the kicker but that call was not questionable they did do it so that TD was taking away from MP that would have probably won MP the game . Now one thing I do disagree with MP may have not really played nobody this year til last night , but MP is still the same team that beat Richmond last year on that note it just proves Richmond has gotten better.
Now will Richmond win next week who knows I hope so but if they don’t I rather if we are going to lose to any team it be Vance because I feel if any team in Charlotte area or any area doesn’t get enough credit it is Vance
Go Raiders

They played against inferior talent all yr. I seen a bunch of MP posters bragging and boasting about beating Garinger and So Meck, I knew that soft schedule would come back 2 bite them. With how weak that conference schedule they should have played a cpl of tough OOC games. Plus the arrogance of Chadwick to jus pass, no kind of scheme or run game..jus throw 50/50 balls all game, u cant out athlete every1.

I agree and think they should have scheduled a few tougher games but they just played one of the absolute best teams in the state to the last play of the game. Kind of hard to call them out. Mallard Creek scheduled up huge and it did not work out again.

Total agreement on the passing game. Not the lack of running but not utilizing the underneath game, the running back on swing routes, screen pass to a back, et al. Seemed to be going for the homerun ball a lot and the throw back across the field passes did not seem to be the answer. Was a bit of a headscratcher. Credit Richmond for getting them out of their comfort zone.

I'll say we had luck on our side too. The "fumble" wasn't one, the unsportsmanlike on Park caused them to kick a field goal, and that last hail Mary went right through the WR arms.

In my eyes there was questionable calls both ways. Yeah Myers Park May have won if they didn’t run into the kicker but that call was not questionable they did do it so that TD was taking away from MP that would have probably won MP the game . Now one thing I do disagree with MP may have not really played nobody this year til last night , but MP is still the same team that beat Richmond last year on that note it just proves Richmond has gotten better.
Now will Richmond win next week who knows I hope so but if they don’t I rather if we are going to lose to any team it be Vance because I feel if any team in Charlotte area or any area doesn’t get enough credit it is Vance
Go Raiders
I’m still trying to figure out how Richmond’s kicker gets up off the ground gimpy and it was only running into the kicker.

Reactions: Ben-Badd and dcov33
I agree and think they should have scheduled a few tougher games but they just played one of the absolute best teams in the state to the last play of the game. Kind of hard to call them out. Mallard Creek scheduled up huge and it did not work out again.

Total agreement on the passing game. Not the lack of running but not utilizing the underneath game, the running back on swing routes, screen pass to a back, et al. Seemed to be going for the homerun ball a lot and the throw back across the field passes did not seem to be the answer. Was a bit of a headscratcher. Credit Richmond for getting them out of their comfort zone.

Everybody likes to see MC schedule those big games, but I am starting to put less weight on who plays the toughest schedule. WF also proves that point some.

I guess I expected MP to have a back up plan if the home run slings stopped working. I guess they were very confident they could do the same as last year. MP was exactly as I expected as far as echoing the team we played last year. I thought they ran the ball a bit more than last year, but they don’t run much anyway.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
I’m still trying to figure out how Richmond’s kicker gets up off the ground gimpy and it was only running into the kicker.

He was not hit very hard. More of a push. He looked hurt bad but then stayed in the game and punted the ball on the next play.

Reactions: Ben-Badd
Let both teams play ball
Amen.

Here we go agin...Like shuffling a deck of cards...start all over...show of hands...How many of you, other than Richmond still have a dog in this fight??? HMMMM...not very many a couple Vance folks...now let's see, Mallard Creek??? Thought so...Meyers Park??? Yea, but right...zero How about you Mr. Honda, just who is your team...let's see, early this year it was Richmond, then you leaned toward the Creek, then all the sudden it was the Park, without a doubt...then this morning, we're back to "its Richmonds to lose." And now your leaning toward Vance...Richm0nds giving up 30 points in the playoffs... Yea the refs made mistakes in the N.C.H.S. Playoffs last night but that's all right. They need real officials in a game like last night. Since when does catching a pass on first bounce count...lmao. There will be Raider haters regardless. They will win convincingly Friday night. They beat the second best team in N.C.4aa in one half of football last night... You guys do this every week. Yea but...this and that...you can't stand to see Richmond back on top..so now blah blah...Sometimes I wonder about some of yasss. You can talk that talk but you can't walk the walk. Every week you professional gurus crap and fall back in it...wait I was wrong last week but wait.... oh now I see...lol but they can't win this week.My goodness I'm 65 years old, I ain't no coach...x and o 's my butt. Richmond is the best team left in the west and if not we'll find ou Fri. Nite. RICHMOND BY 20... GO RAIDERS.
How's that for venting...I've read it for 14 weeks. I got more where that come from... lmao

Not nearly as charged up by the tough schedule stuff though I think the MP conf is now pretty weak so a tougher non- conf may help some. In the end though unless the play a top tier SC school I dont know if it matters. There are 3 maybe 4 HS in NC that could stay within 2 TDs of them.

Offensively they did exactly what they have done all year. Challenge teams downfield with their athletes. They had some sucess but it was the mistakes that ultimately killed them. 11 pts off the board due to penalties just kills ya.

Reactions: btango
We can say they left 11 points on the board all day but who is to say Richmond D does not hold are MP fumbles on the drive, are Bama Bound QB does not throw a INT. This is football let’s not play the woulda/shoulda game! Give Richmond players and coaches some credit! MP avg 52 pts a game they score 32 and there defense was only giving up 8 pts a game Richmond scores 35. Women lie, Men lie, fellas numbers don’t lie!!!!!!!!!! Defense wins Championship and Richmond and Vance have pretty good defenses.

We can say they left 11 points on the board all day but who is to say Richmond D does not hold are MP fumbles on the drive, are Bama Bound QB does not throw a INT. This is football let’s not play the woulda/shoulda game! Give Richmond players and coaches some credit! MP avg 52 pts a game they score 32 and there defense was only giving up 8 pts a game Richmond scores 35. Women lie, Men lie, fellas numbers don’t lie!!!!!!!!!! Defense wins Championship and Richmond and Vance have pretty good defenses.

They get all the credit. Great teams make less mistakes. That how you win big games.

Reactions: Hometown16
@dcov33
Not going to happen not at any sports.
Last year some raiders fans said MP cheated , bad calls and on and on .

This year MP supports are saying Richmond cheated bad calls and on and on .
Why can’t we all give both Richmond & Myers park credit that both teams played their butts off just one team wanted it more and played with more heart .
To the ones who felt like Richmond did not deserve the win
Let them boys “Richmond Raiders “ enjoy their win it was a hard fight but they got it and work for it
To honest in ever game there going to be questionable calls just some games have more then others

Reactions: paulraiderfan
@Blue and Gold22
Thank you for putting your opinion out there .
Richmond fans are going to take up for their team .
Myers Park supports are going to take up for them
You on the other hand don’t pull for neither team .
So you are not taking sides with nobody

Here we go agin...Like shuffling a deck of cards...start all over...show of hands...How many of you, other than Richmond still have a dog in this fight??? HMMMM...not very many a couple Vance folks...now let's see, Mallard Creek??? Thought so...Meyers Park??? Yea, but right...zero How about you Mr. Honda, just who is your team...let's see, early this year it was Richmond, then you leaned toward the Creek, then all the sudden it was the Park, without a doubt...then this morning, we're back to "its Richmonds to lose." And now your leaning toward Vance...Richm0nds giving up 30 points in the playoffs... Yea the refs made mistakes in the N.C.H.S. Playoffs last night but that's all right. They need real officials in a game like last night. Since when does catching a pass on first bounce count...lmao. There will be Raider haters regardless. They will win convincingly Friday night. They beat the second best team in N.C.4aa in one half of football last night... You guys do this every week. Yea but...this and that...you can't stand to see Richmond back on top..so now blah blah...Sometimes I wonder about some of yasss. You can talk that talk but you can't walk the walk. Every week you professional gurus crap and fall back in it...wait I was wrong last week but wait.... oh now I see...lol but they can't win this week.My goodness I'm 65 years old, I ain't no coach...x and o 's my butt. Richmond is the best team left in the west and if not we'll find ou Fri. Nite. RICHMOND BY 20... GO RAIDERS.
How's that for venting...I've read it for 14 weeks. I got more where that come from... lmao
Your comment is entertaining. My wife teaches at Charlotte Country Day so that’s my team. We were done a couple of weeks ago. Now, let’s see; I’ve had MC people mad at me. I had 704 frustrated at me last week. I’ve asked how Richmond would react if they got down two scores to MP. I got laughed out then. Guess what? It happened. Richmond responded well. I said 4AA was Richmond’s to lose. I don’t think I ever said I was pulling for them. So, I have no dog in the fight. So how in the world do you figure I was pulling for a particular team? Now for Vance and Richmond, it’ll be interesting if Vance’s offense still plays well. This will be one of the, if not the best defenses in the state and hard hitting that Richmond has faced. Richmond guys last week asked how MP receivers will react when they get hit. Rolls are reversed next week. How will Richmond react because Vance’s defense will hit you. Three keys I see so far. Can Vance generate enough offense? The Vance defense must continually account for Hood. One thing that hasn’t been mentioned but stood out to me, is that in the two playoff games, Richmond is giving up almost 30 points a game. Their defense is another key to me.

Your comment is entertaining. My wife teaches at Charlotte Country Day so that’s my team. We were done a couple of weeks ago. Now, let’s see; I’ve had MC people mad at me. I had 704 frustrated at me last week. I’ve asked how Richmond would react if they got down two scores to MP. I got laughed out then. Guess what? It happened. Richmond responded well. I said 4AA was Richmond’s to lose. I don’t think I ever said I was pulling for them. So, I have no dog in the fight. So how in the world do you figure I was pulling for a particular team? Now for Vance and Richmond, it’ll be interesting if Vance’s offense still plays well. This will be one of the, if not the best defenses in the state and hard hitting that Richmond has faced. Richmond guys last week asked how MP receivers will react when they get hit. Rolls are reversed next week. How will Richmond react because Vance’s defense will hit you. Three keys I see so far. Can Vance generate enough offense? The Vance defense must continually account for Hood. One thing that hasn’t been mentioned but stood out to me, is that in the two playoff games, Richmond is giving up almost 30 points a game. Their defense is another key to me.

The one thing that stands out to me is the 40+ points that Vance gave up to Hough. I hope Coach Till gets a hold of that tape and breaks down every millisecond of it. Vance can be scored upon and Hough did it in droves. I think we see whose offense is better between Hough and Richmond. So..... I'm INTRIGUED by this matchup for sure.

The one thing that stands out to me is the 40+ points that Vance gave up to Hough. I hope Coach Till gets a hold of that tape and breaks down every millisecond of it. Vance can be scored upon and Hough did it in droves. I think we see whose offense is better between Hough and Richmond. So..... I'm INTRIGUED by this matchup for sure.
Yeah if Hough can do it u guys can, easy!

Yeah, I keep thinking of that as well.

The thing with the kicker worked...evidently... that dont bother me nuntall... but there is something going on with kicker... Missing extra pts... kickoffs out of bounds. We got better kickers than that and I know...our kickoffs should be going into the parking lot...I think that can be fixed by Friday...

@Blue and Gold22
Thank you for putting your opinion out there .
Richmond fans are going to take up for their team .
Myers Park supports are going to take up for them
You on the other hand don’t pull for neither team .
So you are not taking sides with nobody

Hometown....I love the fact that RC has a passionate fanbase. It drives the program in alot of ways. They support their team which is great. I could not be anymore complimentary of the team than I have.

I like to talk football. The rest of the stuff is just noise.

Reactions: araiderfan
Mr. Honda, I got know problem with you. We always got along.i just dont think that this time of the year...in fact I know, you can't really go by this and that and that and this such as averages n stuff. Things like, jimbo lost to Billy Bob and Billy Bob lost to Fred, but Fred beat Billy Bob by 17 and lost to jimbo by22...none of that matters anymore...if it ever did in the past 3 weeks...anyway, thesteams and coaches can throw that out now and may the best team win.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
I agree except Richmond is allowing almost 30 ppg in their two playoff games. That stood out to me. Vance has given up 14 points total. If Vance can get a little offense going, then anything can happen next week.

The same way the MP.kid went down to slow the momentum at the end and got up10 seconds later and walked off the field
Actually I was trying to make the point that the call should've been roughing the kicker against MP, not running into the kicker.

Last edited:
Two of the state’s best offenses scored those points... two teams playing for a chance to represent the 4a East in the state championship game watched our second string finish the game ...

To be honest, the hough game had me worried the most ... now we go from the states best offenses to now the best defense ... Vance’s D is nasty ... gonna be fun to watch for all fans

Two of the state’s best offenses scored those points... two teams playing for a chance to represent the 4a East in the state championship game watched our second string finish the game ...

To be honest, the hough game had me worried the most ... now we go from the states best offenses to now the best defense ... Vance’s D is nasty ... gonna be fun to watch for all fans
Oh and dont sleep on the offense yeah we may dont have 4/5 star players running around getting 247 and max preps coverage but we've got a few ballers so if u sit and think we've jus going 2 line up and fall over our own feet dont b mistaken. And Mr Honda does make a point close to 30 points given up back to back does say something. We did hold this same team last yr to 13pts and scoreless 2nd half. I know it's a different season but u gotta look at who and how u play against them.

Oh yeah ... I noticed the 35 put up on west... QB over 200 yards passing I believe ... it’s gonna be fun to watch.

Oh yeah ... I noticed the 35 put up on west... QB over 200 yards passing I believe ... it’s gonna be fun to watch.
Sad thing is everybody that went to the game know...it could of been a whole lot worst. Had a QB TD scramble called back. And their only score came off a fumble on the punt. That game could of been 56-0.

I thought Hough peaked at the right time ... sounds like you guys are too!!!! And road warriors on top of that !!!

After Houghs 40 they put up on y’all .... combined with a bye week for us... and possible looking ahead at Park ... that’s why that game worried me the most ... we know Park and Vance will bring it... we have to have our A game ... same as you...

I thought Hough peaked at the right time ... sounds like you guys are too!!!! And road warriors on top of that !!!

After Houghs 40 they put up on y’all .... combined with a bye week for us... and possible looking ahead at Park ... that’s why that game worried me the most ... we know Park and Vance will bring it... we have to have our A game ... same as you...
Its December, it's for a trip to the ship....that's all u will get, no disrespect. we wont come in and disrespect your field or taunt players or fans..I mean yeah u will have 1 or 2 knuckleheads but we will nip that. Like I said were on a mission u guys are in the way. ROAD WARRIORS!!!

Were coming!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT