ADVERTISEMENT

Myers Park at Richmond

Great great game if you didnt make it , I do not know what to tell you . I want to give MP credit they are a great team . Now @S2V2 and @mrhonda what is y’all intake on the game
My take? Not worth much apparently, but I said when the playoffs were starting, the 4AA west was Richmond’s to lose. In my opinion, and I stress that 704, IN MY OPINION, Richmond won themselves a state title tonight. But I also predicted a West Forsyth win. Seriously though, I do think Richmond won a state title tonight. But other than what I just said, I’ll let the professional prognosticators on this site have at it.

The difference tonight was the Richmond D. Offense was solid but expected what I saw or better from the Raiders O. Will wait for the thread to discuss the regional final. Savior this epic battle fir a bit.

Great atmosphere tonight. Probably 8-9 thousand there. Great game one of the best I have ever seen. Great win time to celebrate for a night and then get ready for Vance. Hope they bring a crowd of people like MP did.

My take? Not worth much apparently, but I said when the playoffs were starting, the 4AA west was Richmond’s to lose. In my opinion, and I stress that 704, IN MY OPINION, Richmond won themselves a state title tonight. But I also predicted a West Forsyth win. Seriously though, I do think Richmond won a state title tonight. But other than what I just said, I’ll let the professional prognosticators on this site have at it.

If it was there's to lose then why did you pick MP??? LMAO

Not alot more to add. Like in most tight games penalties and turnovers are killers. MP had several huge ones-

- Running into the kicker cost them a chance to go up 28-7 in early first half. Felt like that might have been a early knockout.

- 3rd quarter down to the one yard line but unsportsmanlike pushes back 15 and they settle for FG.

- Rooks fumble was a killer as they were down inside the RC 25. RC takes over and goes the other way for score. Huge turnaround there.

- Several holding calls that put them behind the chains a ton in 2nd half.

Thought the RC backend played very well. Pressed a ton and got caught on a couple back shoulder fades but they hung in there.

Hood got hot in 2nd half with his arm. Made several money throws down the stretch. Does a great job throwing to spots on those slants and skinny posts.

Thought Maye played just OK. RC had something to do with that to be sure. He made some nice throws but had 3-4 pretty big misses. Huge over throw on a wide open Rooks on that 7 route. Missed Bly once deep and also on a shallow crossing pattern that if he hits it I think he turns corner and goes.

Really just a dynamite game and atmosphere . RC fans have a dynamite program they can be proud of.

You need to pick against us two more times...

Blue and gold you know Vance and you seen Richmond. What you think about this game? How did you enjoy your time in Rockingham?

Was in parking lot at 445 and loved every minute of it. Vance- RC?? Will need some time to think about it. I will say this...I dont think you will find two teams that will play any harder than those two teams. Lot of tough hard nose kids on both teams.

Blue and gold you know Vance and you seen Richmond. What you think about this game? How did you enjoy your time in Rockingham?
For 1 thing were not like MP. They're a little to Drake Maye reliant, I compared them to those Indy colt peyton manning teams with the pass happy offense with the bend dont break defense. They always got their asses handled to them by the Patriots that believed in running the ball with defense. They relied too much on Maye and their arrogance backfired on them. It's nice having the pass happy offense in September when ur beating Garinger by 60. But if u wanna play and win in December ur gonna need to do more. Good win RC

Not alot more to add. Like in most tight games penalties and turnovers are killers. MP had several huge ones-

- Running into the kicker cost them a chance to go up 28-7 in early first half. Felt like that might have been a early knockout.

- 3rd quarter down to the one yard line but unsportsmanlike pushes back 15 and they settle for FG.

- Rooks fumble was a killer as they were down inside the RC 25. RC takes over and goes the other way for score. Huge turnaround there.

- Several holding calls that put them behind the chains a ton in 2nd half.

Thought the RC backend played very well. Pressed a ton and got caught on a couple back shoulder fades but they hung in there.

Hood got hot in 2nd half with his arm. Made several money throws down the stretch. Does a great job throwing to spots on those slants and skinny posts.

Thought Maye played just OK. RC had something to do with that to be sure. He made some nice throws but had 3-4 pretty big misses. Huge over throw on a wide open Rooks on that 7 route. Missed Bly once deep and also on a shallow crossing pattern that if he hits it I think he turns corner and goes.

Really just a dynamite game and atmosphere . RC fans have a dynamite program they can be proud of.
Bad part is Rooks was down. I thought so when it happened. Then seen it on channel 9 confirmed it. In high School that's the way it is sometimes. Most definitely other calls missed for both sides.

Reactions: Crr1968
Bad part is Rooks was down. I thought so when it happened. Then seen it on channel 9 confirmed it. In high School that's the way it is sometimes. Most definitely other calls missed for both sides.

I thought he was down but I was a long way away. MP sideline was going nuts, so much so that I thought they didnt do a very good job of settling the kids down.

Reactions: btango
I thought he was down but I was a long way away. MP sideline was going nuts, so much so that I thought they didnt do a very good job of settling the kids down.

Saw a photo from a sideline photographer right after the play. Looked like the ball was cupped with hand and biceps with forearm on the ground. To me that was a huge turning point along with the unsportsmanlike in the one yard line.

Some “what if” plays but MP had a lot of missed opportunities.

Saw a photo from a sideline photographer right after the play. Looked like the ball was cupped with hand and biceps with forearm on the ground. To me that was a huge turning point along with the unsportsmanlike in the one yard line.

Some “what if” plays but MP had a lot of missed opportunities.

Really thought at 21-13 at half RC had dodged a bullet. MP had short fields the entire first half and the running into the punter took 6 off the board. Felt like it should have been 28 maybe even 35-13 at half. Thought RC being able to withstand a couple haymakers and only be down one score was a win. Hood was quick and high with everything in the first half but really got dialed in the 2nd half. I

I love the Stroman kid. Lot of length with great hands.

Reactions: btango
Agree totally on the running into the punter. Such a stupid penalty. Not close to a block. Just kind of ran into him and pushed him down hard. That is the type of thing that would drive me crazy as a coach but it happens.

I sure would love to be a fly on the bus window going back to charlotte. At 11 last night. The semi pro dream team going home to hang it up. Lol... GO RAIDERS.

Congratulations Cougar... good game next week. I won't say "good luck " lol. I just hope for a good clean and safe game.
Jus like vs Butler, Creek, WF..were going to come out and punch somebody in the mouth. Win or lose we are going to make sure y'all limp out and feel it! Good luck!

Reactions: Ben-Badd
I guess Hood is who I said he was - Not sure what will happen Friday but Vance Struggled mightily against Hough - they better be really sharp or it could be a repeat of that game. Vance is playing very good ball but Hood is special.

Reactions: Ben-Badd and dcov33
Great game MP. This game reminded me of the Richmond vs West Charlotte game in 1997. The atmosphere was electric ⚡️ over 8 thousand fans, some questionable calls on both sides, and momentum can change a game real fast. Hey guys Richmond defense in the second half was the difference maker. @704CougarsDad you were dead on the money in reference to Maye, apply some pressure and he will throw the ball all over the place. He looked sharp with a nice spin on the ball qtr 1-2. I think the Raider coaches coach there asses off in this game, you have to give them a lot of credit. Can some please provide Maye, Rooks, and Muhammad stats. Well on to Charlotte Vance! I remember when we played Vance during the regular season, back then there team was very huge with athletes all over the damn field. Richmond has a Opening and I would love for the ✨ to line up and put Mallard Creek in that spot. Hey Creek you guys have played all the top 4A programs in the state throughout the years, let’s make this happen.

I see Wake Forest finally has some competition this week.

Congrats RC....never expected this outcome. I guess all that MP talent and NFL coaching didn't matter in this one. Sounds like it was a great atmosphere!

Great season MP. I thought about this game and really figured it would be about some of the things we discussed. I thought the three keys would be the D/Pressure ability, physicality, and which QB could put on a great performance. I thought we did those things, especially in the second half. The other thing was the O woke up and started making those drives/scoring.

As far as the QB’s both are special, just in different ways. I was really glad to see Hood show his talent and take off when he needed too. Folks were right that pressure would get to Maye a little bit. We got just enough and he took a couple of hard hits...still very dangerous though.

I am going to enjoy this victory today! I saw some of the Heart RC has shown in the older days and the belief they could win no matter what. Great job to the coaches too. The adjustments and game plan were great.

Enjoying this today for me and the team is already preparing for Vance. One game at a time. Great Friday night football last night.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
They played against inferior talent all yr. I seen a bunch of MP posters bragging and boasting about beating Garinger and So Meck, I knew that soft schedule would come back 2 bite them. With how weak that conference schedule they should have played a cpl of tough OOC games. Plus the arrogance of Chadwick to jus pass, no kind of scheme or run game..jus throw 50/50 balls all game, u cant out athlete every1.

Reactions: UNCGrad2014
I guess Hood is who I said he was - Not sure what will happen Friday but Vance Struggled mightily against Hough - they better be really sharp or it could be a repeat of that game. Vance is playing very good ball but Hood is special.

Thought MP did a good job on him in the first half outside of the big run he popped on the first drive ( he is much faster than I thought). Little amped up early as he was high and quick with those timing routes off the play action. 2nd half as he started to get into rhythm they become very hard to defend. Run action holds those LB's and if you dont get a body on those WR's he just gets the ball out quick and to a spot. I think RC coaching staff might have changed the route depth a bit in the 2nd half as it seemed they were getting a little more separation. Where he kills you is when you need 3 or 4 to keep chains moving. Very hard to stop.

For all the pre-game talk of QB's I really thought the RC DB's came up huge. Rooks and Bly made some catches but nearly everything was contested and they didnt get much YAC.

Reactions: dcov33
Yeah we did struggle against Hough...yall should jus run rough shy thru us this week!! Lol

Were coming!!!

Thought MP did a good job on him in the first half outside of the big run he popped on the first drive ( he is much faster than I thought). Little amped up early as he was high and quick with those timing routes off the play action. 2nd half as he started to get into rhythm they become very hard to defend. Run action holds those LB's and if you dont get a body on those WR's he just gets the ball out quick and to a spot. I think RC coaching staff might have changed the route depth a bit in the 2nd half as it seemed they were getting a little more separation. Where he kills you is when you need 3 or 4 to keep chains moving. Very hard to stop.

For all the pre-game talk of QB's I really thought the RC DB's came up huge. Rooks and Bly made some catches but nearly everything was contested and they didnt get much YAC.

You are dead on the money.

Agreed. Hood is super fast and teams normally find out the hard way. He has broken quite a Few long runs when he does take off. Super hard to defend it all and glad to see he got a few runs in. He calmed down quite a bit and played his game in the second half. RB’s both run hard, but Covington will always give you 100%.

DB’s played their butts off against a very hard to defend group of receivers. That and the D line really stepped up in the second half. They did about all you could do...make it hard to catch and avoid YAC. Made some good physical hits.

Reactions: dcov33
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT