ADVERTISEMENT

My Top 5 in West

You can take us out of the top 5 for right now. We have no skill players whatsoever. 3 not being in the backfield really changes our look. We are young and not battle tested. Season is gonna be full of growing pains

You can take us out of the top 5 for right now. We have no skill players whatsoever. 3 not being in the backfield really changes our look. We are young and not battle tested. Season is gonna be full of growing pains
You think so man? With all those dudes up front??

I think that's a pretty accurate top 5 although I'm not sure about the order. As Titan said may can add North Rowan to the top 5 or 6. May be some moving around within that group during the season though

Reactions: buzzcoach
Any idea whats going on with 79?

You will see soon enough. We will lose 4-5 games if we have another game like we did last Friday.
I actually thought they might have been the favorite in the West this year. With all that great line play. Did they really get hurt that much by losing the skill people that honestly weren't very athletic or fast. I'm just wondering

You will see soon enough. We will lose 4-5 games if we have another game like we did last Friday.
I through the offense did better then what I through with an all new backfield for their 1st game. I was impress with Zeke as he will only get better as the season continues. The Defense is whole another story as the D line didn't get any push upfront and Charlotte Country Day did what they wanted on offense. Swain won't see anyone near the QB level in 1A as he made plays all over the field with his arm and legs. The WR and the QB has already committed to play at the next level and I see a few more players that could receive offers, I see Swain losing a few more games if they don't get that Defense fix and I really didn't thinks missing 79 at noise would impact the D line that much as both D ends are top notch players.

Last edited:
Interesting. But one player can make a huge difference in 1a ball. A big presence in the middle occupying a guards attention can be what give the ends enough to get pressure on the edge.

Until I can watch a game from Mount Heritage, Eastern Randolph, and Swain, I will go by my impression of week one results only and forget last year.

1. Eastern Randolph
2. Mount Airy
3. Mount Heritage
4. North Rowan
5. Starmount

May change after Friday, but still very early. I want to see how a North Rowan does with Forest Hills and how Mount Airy does against East Surry. Swain has a home game against Smoky Mountain, so hopefully will get to see that one on the Maroon Devil Network on youtube.

Reactions: sbbbfan
I through the offense did better then what I through with an all new backfield for their 1st game. I was impress with Zeke as he will only get better as the season continues. The Defense is whole another story as the D line didn't get any push upfront and Charlotte Country Day did what they wanted on offense. Swain won't see anyone near the QB level in 1A as he made plays all over the field with his arm and legs. The WR and the QB has already committed to play at the next level and I see a few more players that could receive offers, I see Swain losing a few more games if they don't get that Defense fix and I really didn't thinks missing 79 at noise would impact the D line that much as both D ends are top notch players.
If you call zeke having one good run looking good then I heavily disagree with you. Other than the one run he didn’t have much else. He’s not the back that’s gonna be able to get you those 2-3 yards you need for a first down. If he can’t get to the outside he is no threat

I actually thought they might have been the favorite in the West this year. With all that great line play. Did they really get hurt that much by losing the skill people that honestly weren't very athletic or fast. I'm just wondering
I just want to know what everyone is basing our elite line play off of? Last year? We had a great back that can make a line look really good. Who did we play last year that we just completely dominated the game on the line? There was 4-5 games that we would have lost if it wouldn’t have been for #3. That’s all I’m saying

Don’t really know.

If you call zeke having one good run looking good then I heavily disagree with you. Other than the one run he didn’t have much else. He’s not the back that’s gonna be able to get you those 2-3 yards you need for a first down. If he can’t get to the outside he is no threat
Well he only had 7 carries and 5 of the 7 went for positive yardage and yes he not a power back. He had 2 carries that he had big gains. Yes if he can't get outside he isn't a big threat.

Well he only had 7 carries and 5 of the 7 went for positive yardage and yes he not a power back. He had 2 carries that he had big gains. Yes if he can't get outside he isn't a big threat.
Well what does our offensive thrive off of? Its definitely not designed to run sweeps lol

I just want to know what everyone is basing our elite line play off of? Last year? We had a great back that can make a line look really good. Who did we play last year that we just completely dominated the game on the line? There was 4-5 games that we would have lost if it wouldn’t have been for #3. That’s all I’m saying
Well #3 his Jr year he only had around 600 yards of rushing for the year and the upperclassmen lineman wasn't that good and he was getting killed in the backfield. Ask any coach in SMC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT