ADVERTISEMENT

My take on new ENC conferences

I could see Albemarle South stanly and Graystone going to the 2a conference with Anson Monroe etc in a split conference all schools within 30-40mins of each other

Reactions: UNC91
I think youll see East carteret in a 1A/2A split. The league you have them in has them with 4 bus rides of about 1:45 or more.

I also think that might push Midway back with Clinton because SW Onslow might be in the split with EC.

Other adjustments because of that maybe.

But what I think SHOULD happen and what ACTUALLY happens are not related lol. The NCHSAA's track record does not comfort me.

I just think in these times, while I think you need to try to stray in your own class as much as possible, splits for long travel are more neccesary than they used to be.

In 4A, who knows how theyll split up Raleigh. Could be any which way.

I dont think you need a split in 3A and 4A with Overhills and them. Seems like enough teams close by to get around that.

But overall solid. Noone will ever completely agree or be happy. Its fun to speculate tho.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Lotta travel for Hertford too. Id like a 1a/2a split there. v=but like I said, to-MAY-to, to-MAH-to.

My take on split conferences has always been that they should only be made when absolutely necessary. This means when there aren't teams in your same classification nearby to play to make a 6-team football conference. I will take into consideration some of your tips as well as what the NCHSAA did and make a few adjustments this weekend.

We,, so much for that lol. They went nuclear with the split leagues. Overdone IMO. We will see how appeals go, there will be a bunch.

Reactions: realjoejr
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT