ADVERTISEMENT

My take on new ENC conferences

I have done some thinking on what the eastern conferences might look like...click the link below to take a look. I will do the western ones sometime this weekend.

I like swo conference

Swo
Wallace
Jk
Clinton
ED

Swo would be much more prepared for the playoffs. Swo better find some ballers to prepare for this conference. Hands down the best in the state, just like the old ECC

I have done some thinking on what the eastern conferences might look like...click the link below to take a look. I will do the western ones sometime this weekend.

Looks pretty good. I wonder if Trask would do like Spring Creek and decide to play independent? Based on the pedigree of those other 5 teams year in and year out, no doubt this version of the ECC would be the best 2-A football conference in the state.

Reactions: UNC91
Can't see Forbush in conference w Rockingham County Schools. They would fit better geographically with Wilkes and Surry County schools.

Burns, Shelby, Chase, East Rutherford, RS Central and Polk County.

That would work, but I just don’t see us and Shelby aligning with the Wolverines. I would prefer the conference we are in, just replacing South Point with Huss. Maybe even adding Lincolnton and West Lincoln but 9 team leagues just are not ideal now that they’ve dropped to 10 games.

Got a feeling as well that Reidsville will not get separated from Cummings and Bartlett-Yancey....B-Y is 25 miles from RSH and Cummings is a little over 30.....................

With the regions being what they are Reidsville can't be in a league with BY and Alamance County schools. They are east and Rockingham County is west.

I've seen roposals that put the Rockingham County schools with Walkertown, N. Forsyth and W. Stokes. That's probably pretty close to what it will end up being.

Simmons has Forbush in the same league. If you look at Google Maps it would be better for Forbush to be in with the Surry and Wilkes County bunch. Although W. Stokes and the two Forsyth County schools are not that far from them a trip to McMichael is an hour, Reidsville is an hour and 10 min and Morehead would be about an hour and half. The Wilkes and Surry County schools look like they are all about 40-50 minutes away.

Not going to miss losing Goldsboro or Midway at all. Hope it all works out as projected

Dont wish to hard brother, in that conference layout. Jk would finish with trask for last place in the conference

Wrh
Clinton
Swo
East

Will be battling every year for top 4 spots.

Dont wish to hard brother, in that conference layout. Jk would finish with trask for last place in the conference

Wrh
Clinton
Swo
East

Will be battling every year for top 4 spots.
Yes I realize how the pecking order in that conference would be I’m strictly talking on a travel standpoint. I think everyone will be glad to see Goldsboro go. Physical team that’s always guaranteed to have you lose some guys to injury

The Raleigh area conferences seems a bit strange with the NAC staying the same with only 6 and another conference will have 8. It looks like that you can have 4 7 team conferences in that part of the east.

My take on split conferences has always been that they should only be made when absolutely necessary. This means when there aren't teams in your same classification nearby to play to make a 6-team football conference. I will take into consideration some of your tips as well as what the NCHSAA did and make a few adjustments this weekend.

They made several split conferences where there is only one football playing member of one of the classifications. Poorly thought out if you ask me. If you are going to make a split, you should have a minimum of 2 football playing schools in each division. 3 or more would be better.

Reactions: dogs79
Burns, Shelby, Chase, East Rutherford, RS Central and Polk County.

That would work, but I just don’t see us and Shelby aligning with the Wolverines. I would prefer the conference we are in, just replacing South Point with Huss. Maybe even adding Lincolnton and West Lincoln but 9 team leagues just are not ideal now that they’ve dropped to 10 games.
I suppose I should be careful what I wish for. I’d rather be with Polk than have that first draft with Bessemer City, Cherryville and Highland Tech become our conference.

I like swo conference

Swo
Wallace
Jk
Clinton
ED

Swo would be much more prepared for the playoffs. Swo better find some ballers to prepare for this conference. Hands down the best in the state, just like the old ECC
That would be one tough conference. I don't know how anyone would have their team healthy come playoff time with all the bruises.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT