ADVERTISEMENT

My take on new ENC conferences

Do you have any confidence that these will be pretty spot on?

Right now, it's all one huge guessing game. Most folks, including myself will most likely guess wrong. But, it never hurts to guess!

Three things need to be taken into consideration. First, keep in mind present conferences. Second, think about a school's conference affiliation history as well as past and present conference foes. Finally, the most important factor, which is geography.

Would love to see Crest and KM go into another con just to shake things up a bit. Had heard that Gaston County wants to keep Huss and East Gaston with the other schools bad. Could we end up with Gaston county as a split con and Crest and KM joining Burns and Shelby in a split con?

This is wayyyyyy off! Northwood is much closer to Durham and Chapel Hill than Fayetteville!!! 😲
I totally agree, the current Tri-County 6 3A will remain the same. Southern Lee, Lee County, Western Harnett, Harnett Central, Triton and Union Pines..

Reactions: RD28327
Would love to see Crest and KM go into another con just to shake things up a bit. Had heard that Gaston County wants to keep Huss and East Gaston with the other schools bad. Could we end up with Gaston county as a split con and Crest and KM joining Burns and Shelby in a split con?
That wouldn’t surprise me. You know East Gaston would rather not continue the trips to Rutherford County and Huss would rather not take them. Though the Rutherford County schools would actually be saving a little swapping out South Point for Huss. But I could definitely see the Cleveland and Rutherford schools in a 2A/3A. Add Freedom for a third 3A school. Or maybe you have the four Cleveland and four Lincoln schools together in a split conference. But I prefer simply swapping South Point and Huss.

My take on split conferences has always been that they should only be made when absolutely necessary. This means when there aren't teams in your same classification nearby to play to make a 6-team football conference. I will take into consideration some of your tips as well as what the NCHSAA did and make a few adjustments this weekend.

My take on split conferences has always been that they should only be made when absolutely necessary. This means when there aren't teams in your same classification nearby to play to make a 6-team football conference. I will take into consideration some of your tips as well as what the NCHSAA did and make a few adjustments this weekend.

I am hearing Huss will remain 3A?

That’s news to me....not good news AT ALL for Burns and Shelby if true....our conference just got even weaker if it holds up.
I just checked with Joe Hughes and he said he didn’t think Huss appealed to move up in classification. But he said it’s a preference to stay in the Big South for money reasons. So maybe a 2A/3A split.

Last edited:
I just checked with Joe Hughes and he said he didn’t think Huss appealed to move up in classification. But he said it’s a preference to stay in the Big South for money reasons. So maybe a 2A/3A split.
I had heard the appeal went through to remain in 3a. It makes since they have more kids the Stuart cramer and south point.

Makes perfect sense to me as it could be an all Gaston county conference. I was just curious if others had heard the rumors. Not sure how Far East Gaston is from 3A numbers, but believe they could find a way to make it work.

Makes perfect sense to me as it could be an all Gaston county conference. I was just curious if others had heard the rumors. Not sure how Far East Gaston is from 3A numbers, but believe they could find a way to make it work.
Not sure cant find the numbers. I know they have a calculation but huss has 1048 kids sc had 1032 and sp had 998 and they sent huss to 2a. I do think eg is too far below sp

Not sure cant find the numbers. I know they have a calculation but huss has 1048 kids sc had 1032 and sp had 998 and they sent huss to 2a. I do think eg is too far below sp

How about Forestview and Ashbrook numbers?

Very interesting....makes sense that Huss would want to stay 3a and in a league with all of those natural rivals. Which then makes it really interesting to see what happens to EG. If their number is 860, you could understand that they would not want to move up to 3a....especially with the struggles they have had recently.

How many students did SC take from EG when built? Ashbrook seems to be the answer to making all of the above mentioned 3A. Move some from AB to SC, and from SC to EG and problem solved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT