ADVERTISEMENT

My take on new ENC conferences

Brian.....I'm having trouble pulling up the western conferences.

Brian.....I'm having trouble pulling up the western conferences.

Brown, A.L.
Chambers, Julius(Vance)

Cox Mill
Hickory Ridge
Mallard Creek
West Cabarrus

I would prefer to see a Iredell/ Cabarrus mix. That way you would have all Meck Co conference. And also Hough would be in competition with Chambers, Julius and Mallard Creek. Also this would make better competition with the Iredell/ Cabarrus mix. But I see that Brian has it to where there are 6 teams even for each of the conferences we are talking about.

Reactions: RD28327
Having a 6 team conference and an eight team conference in the Wake county area is strange but then again some teams are geographically outliers that make things a little difficult. It is still better than the days when the Greater Neuse Conference needed to go to Harnett Central.

welp... looks like all of our away games will be in the vicinity of Cumberland County...not happy with it, but seen Scotland going 3A for a long, long, long, time now... just wish we had more variety of opponent is all I'm saying (not knocking any of the Fayetteville teams..)

welp... looks like all of our away games will be in the vicinity of Cumberland County...not happy with it, but seen Scotland going 3A for a long, long, long, time now... just wish we had more variety of opponent is all I'm saying (not knocking any of the Fayetteville teams..)
the first draft keeps Scotland away from Fayetteville and takes them to Lee County

Reactions: ScotlandAlumni99
My take on split conferences has always been that they should only be made when absolutely necessary. This means when there aren't teams in your same classification nearby to play to make a 6-team football conference. I will take into consideration some of your tips as well as what the NCHSAA did and make a few adjustments this weekend.

I’m glad the Iredell/Cabarrus County conference panned out in the first draft. Now hopefully it holds. That’s a good money maker, and quite frankly a good competitive conference in all sports, not just football. I’ve talked to a couple people from a school in that proposed conference, they aren’t happy with it. I don’t know if they will fight it. But we will see

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT