ADVERTISEMENT

My Shelby Bros

Lion Attack

Aug 15, 2010
There hasn’t been an authentic Shelby thread in weeks, threads started by us. Well, SF1 posted last night. Had to work all weekend, but I’ve been wanting to share my observations. I know my Realville bros well enough to know they will reserve judgment of any progression until the South Point game.

Albeit vs lesser competition, well, I actually saw progression beginning w/ South Pointe, I have liked what I’ve seen out of the offense. It’s been good to see Malik able to go through his progressions, and sling the football all over the field. Tucker Greene was very impressive last week, as he was the previous week. He was catching some serious heat from Malik the other night, catching bullets thrown to him w/ his hands, that was impressive. He’s shifty, too, after the catch.

HitmanT has mentioned wanting to see Fabian more involved all season. Now, that he’s getting more opportunities, he’s showing flashes of stuff you just can’t teach, speed and elusiveness, he’s hard to tackle. I would like to see him get even more involved in the offense and some in the return game, too.

Rb, Tarvarris Scott, has been impressive, too. He’s fast and runs hard. In my opinion, there’s not a lot of drop off from Brooks whenever he’s in the game. Brooks is flat out great, but Scott is certainly a good “relieve picther”.

You’re only as good as your offensive line, and the progression started with that unit. The D has been stellar all year, nothing to note there. I will keep it in Realville, South Point will be the true barometer, but nevertheless, I have like what I’ve seen, I am optimistic, and think the progressive with the offense continues.

Last edited:
I sent one of our fans a text the other night about Pettis...

That one run he made, I saw that NUMEROUS times when he was at Shelby Intermediate.... The kid is an athlete with incredible moves, He did that to my teams too many times to count... You think you have him bottled up and he has great leverage, great balance and is just impressive with the ball in his hands....single handedly beat us one year on three runs like he had the other night....

The offensive line has given Malik all day lately and it shows in his passing numbers, you are dead on it, he has time to read and his progressions are spot on... Yes sure inferior competition against what we have played against the first 5 or 6 games but its giving this offense more confidence than they have shown all season...

This offense catches up with the defense then watch out .... The defense has been stellar for the most part save a few plays here and there.....

Seadog has already started on his Mad Dog bottle early, he knows whats coming and his false bravado week in and out will start waning the closer we get to that final regular season game ... He fears what this defense may do again to that offense he just wont admit it publicly... LOL

Nice posts guys. No worries...#driveforfive happens. No doubt.

No one is gonna score more than 14, maybe 17 on us (first team defense). Our defense is just unbelievable. Our offense can easily put up 18+ points on anyone that stands before us the rest of the way. Simple math says we win out.

That team that only put a td a quarter on us. Has been blowing people out averaging around 45 points a game. Rushing for nearly 300 yards a game but only got 25 points on us and 76 rushing yards....they are now #5 in the nation. 13-0 nearing the end of the 3rd quarter and we were driving. Man...I wish we didn't have that costly drop....not that that was the difference maker but you never know.

No worries....realville says our toughest game is behind us. Realville says defense wins championships. Realville says I would hate to be one of our opponents. Looking forward to Nov. 3rd but no worries.....just excited about getting that #1 seed.

Reactions: marsgreen
So, how's the hoops team look this year? They must be excited. It's been a while since they were able to form the team early.

Nice posts guys. No worries...#driveforfive happens. No doubt.

No one is gonna score more than 14, maybe 17 on us (first team defense). Our defense is just unbelievable. Our offense can easily put up 18+ points on anyone that stands before us the rest of the way. Simple math says we win out.

That team that only put a td a quarter on us. Has been blowing people out averaging around 45 points a game. Rushing for nearly 300 yards a game but only got 25 points on us and 76 rushing yards....they are now #5 in the nation. 13-0 nearing the end of the 3rd quarter and we were driving. Man...I wish we didn't have that costly drop....not that that was the difference maker but you never know.

No worries....realville says our toughest game is behind us. Realville says defense wins championships. Realville says I would hate to be one of our opponents. Looking forward to Nov. 3rd but no worries.....just excited about getting that #1 seed.

Wow!! That is actually very good! I'm impressed. No matter how you slice it, 2aa is very bad for you.

That being said, I have to disagree with my man Lion Attack. There is a major drop off between RB#1 and all the rest of them. Some of the others are good, and may end up being very good, but we will need our first string RB on the field to do any damage late in the year.

QB has looked great, but gotta say the O line has been dominant against Chase and RS. I saw #12 play a full round of Pokemon Go, ate a sandwich and took a nap...woke up a remembered the play was still running, so he threw a TD pass. I'm sure he is enjoying the extra time back there :)

One beef with the receivers: too much juking. Make a cut and get up the field. They are making catches, so that's cool, but then dance around too much. Go ahead and get some positive yardage.

Defense has looked great. Dax's blocked punt was nuts. Reminded me of Adam Hall dunking over Shane Battier. (bet you have to google that one.)

South Point should be fun.

Reactions: 72 State Champion
Well there is this particular linebacker highlight tape against the Red Raiders... Guess you just missed it ....

This is one of two reasons of why I feel that we are going to beat South Point. South Point’s offense, like many of those type of offenses, is predicated on the fullback having huge success running the football, the fullback also opens it up for the other backs as well, because he commands so much attention. Shut down the fullback!

Linebacker is the strength of our defense, they are as good of a unit as any in the state. They shut down Jake Alexander last season, and they will do it again this season, and before a Raider poster brings up Ray Grier, our corners are tall, he won’t simply go over the top of them the way that he did vs other teams this season. Reason no. 2, later on that one.

Last edited:
Well there is this particular linebacker highlight tape against the Red Raiders... Guess you just missed it ....

That's no linebacker. That's a safety. We saw that D last year with new backs and a skinny playbook. Please try it again! Can Dax cover deep middle while coming down hill like that? No, no, no, have him work on his back pedal if you want to keep playing him at safety.

That's no linebacker. That's a safety. We saw that D last year with new backs and a skinny playbook. Please try it again! Can Dax cover deep middle while coming down hill like that? No, no, no, have him work on his back pedal if you want to keep playing him at safety.

HAHAHAHAHAH...

He just gave you a forty minute highlight tape of Dax tackling ever player on the team, 2 coaches and a cheerleader.

And you are still answering?!?! Come on man. Bring your old backs and fat playbook, and just come on. We're gonna beat you so bad in the regular season you won't show up for the playoffs.

HAHAHAHAHAH...

He just gave you a forty minute highlight tape of Dax tackling ever player on the team, 2 coaches and a cheerleader.

And you are still answering?!?! Come on man. Bring your old backs and fat playbook, and just come on. We're gonna beat you so bad in the regular season you won't show up for the playoffs.

Now that was funny!! Nice work, wmd.

I'll be there watching wingbacks flying by him catching footballs right at the spot he leaves. A couple of those ought to slow him down and possibly save a few coaches and a couple cheerleaders. :)

Reactions: whitemilesdavis
JV team has only lost a close one to South Pointe Rock Hill and looking very good. I haven't heard much about the Middle school.
One of the best JV teams I have seen in along time.Good qb and a lot of weapons for him.Defense also has a lot of really good players.We lost to South Pointe by a touchdown but had 5 turnovers that night to 0 for SP.

Reactions: HitmanT
Middle school plays Crest today. Supposedly Shelby is, well, was, loaded with talent. Rumor has it evidently a lot of the skill positions were kicked off the team for fighting at school prior to the East Rutherford game, and this was the reason for that loss. My son plays (believe it or not) for Crest middle. They beat East 56-20 I believe it was last week. I have a feeling it is going to get ugly today. But hopefully these kids learn from their mistakes. Word is the kids that were removed are unreal athletes. Crest has some incredible players too. Their qb is an athlete and they have two RBs that are fast as lightning. Crest high school is going to be great in a few years but Shelby will also continue to excel if these kids stay out of trouble.

Crest Middle best RB might be lost for season with a knee injury(E Battle) But the Lee and Fuller kids are great athletes and the step up last week!
Shelby lost 10+ players before the ER game (Shelby only lost) they have regrouped and should be fired up today

Heard that rb might not really be hurt that bad? That his parents wouldn't take him for an MRI to rule out possible tear. Have they taken him now?

Dude is fast as lightning!! Ellis Battle right?

Heard that rb might not really be hurt that bad? That his parents wouldn't take him for an MRI to rule out possible tear. Have they taken him now?

Dude is fast as lightning!! Ellis Battle right?

BTW...today....for the first time ever...I sit across the field from my Shelby brethren. :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT