ADVERTISEMENT

My realignment proposal

SimmonsRatings

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2008
I have added a new realignment plan to my web site. It is based on 4 classifications for the regular season, dividing into 6 classifications for the playoffs. 4A and 1A would sub-divide and would each have 30% of all schools. 2A and 3A would each have 20% of all schools. After sub-division, there would be 6 playoff divisions with 32 teams each. I had a 50% ADM penalty for all charter and parochial schools. Let me know what you think. Link is below:

http://www.simmonsratings.com/realignment.htm

As a Thomasville fan, I would hate for us to lose all of our traditional rivals. But North Rowan has some good history with the Dogs. The travel would be better than our last foray into 1A, with North Moore and Chatham Central being the longest trips. And with four non-conference games, it would allow some creative scheduling.
From my perspective, a fair division, especially with 50% penalty. Overall, I like it.

As a James Kenan fan we had this conference before and the only competitive game would be Wallace - Rose Hill and vise versa. The travel isn't bad but I doubt the others in the conference would be a big fan.

What does a 50% ADM penalty mean? How are these schools penalized? I'm a little confused. Not that I'm opposed to the idea, I'm not. I just don't understand how it will work.

What does a 50% ADM penalty mean? How are these schools penalized? I'm a little confused. Not that I'm opposed to the idea, I'm not. I just don't understand how it will work.
Same here. I noticed Highland Tech is considered a Charter School. I'm fairly ignorant on the whole Charter School thing. Highland is part of the Gaston County school system, so is or can it be considered a Charter School?

Just add fifty percent to their ADM’s. So, if a charter school has 1000, treat it as having 1500 students.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and RD28327
Same here. I noticed Highland Tech is considered a Charter School. I'm fairly ignorant on the whole Charter School thing. Highland is part of the Gaston County school system, so is or can it be considered a Charter School?

This is part of the problem. WS Prep is part of the Forsyth Country system. The issue is bigger than charter and Parochial schools. Need to look at 1A schools that allow students from outside the geographical district to play sports whether it be a magnet school (H Tech and WS Prep) or a standard public.

Great job and I appreciate the effort. I sure would hate these conferences for East Lincoln though. Tough to make any money off of that conference.

I personally don't like this at all for Shelby. Our JV's would easily win this conference every year. We like some tough competition gets you ready for the playoffs. One reason we have excelled so well over the years. It's hard to know what you really have or how you will respond in the crunch when you don't play any good teams.

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
Appreciate the work but no thanks :eek:. No way is Forbush going to be happy with going to Rockingham county; I don't think we would be either. Way too long a haul; it's long enough going to Winston. Us and them would fit so much better in 2A #14, and so would E Burke/Patton in #12.

Don't know why it's such a sin for us and the Bush to be in the MVAC

I have added a new realignment plan to my web site. It is based on 4 classifications for the regular season, dividing into 6 classifications for the playoffs. 4A and 1A would sub-divide and would each have 30% of all schools. 2A and 3A would each have 20% of all schools. After sub-division, there would be 6 playoff divisions with 32 teams each. I had a 50% ADM penalty for all charter and parochial schools. Let me know what you think. Link is below:

http://www.simmonsratings.com/realignment.htm

If NCHSAA does NOT implement the 50% penalty for charters/parochials, what changes would be likely?

If NCHSAA does NOT implement the 50% penalty for charters/parochials, what changes would be likely?

Some kind of multiplier is definitely needed for the charters and parochial schools.. Not sure what kind of multiplier will be used.

I imagine it will be a while when the NCHSAA decides on how they will split the schools into classes, whether it's 30/20/20/30, 25/25/25/25, or whatever.

For the Eastern 2A, 2AA its BAD, BAD, BAD. I know there is no way to please everyone, heck not even most of em.

Why have Onslow County Schools in 2 different split conferences? If they are going to be put in a 2a/3a, why move Jville, WO, and Northside in a conference with Pitt County Teams? Trade them out for West and Havelock. Would eliminate a lot of travel.

Reactions: SWO-#1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT