ADVERTISEMENT

My Quick Attempt at 1A/1AA Football Bracketology

tarheelg

Sep 21, 2001
Creedmoor, NC
I know, I know....if you look at some websites doing projections, they have Cherokee in the playoffs, and they might make it, but they have a bye week, and have lost four straight. I'm expecting someone below them to pass them (namely the winner of the Comm. Sch. of Davidson/Pine Lake Prep game)...also, Union could replace Lakewood if they beat them this week....Also, many projections out there may not include Winston-Salem Prep because they would not be in if the playoffs started today, but I am thinking they will beat Bishop McGuiness and get in.

-Remember Seeds 1-4 receive a 1st Rd bye
-AMPR shown in (x)

-My 1AA/1A cut line: between Mitchell Co. (smallest 1AA) & Gates Co. (largest 1A)
-In 2AA, my West/East cut line: between East Surry (easternmost team in West) & North Rowan (westernmost team in East)
-In 2A, my West/East cut line: between North Duplin (easternmost team in West) & Rosewood (westernmost team in East)

1AA West
Tier of 1s
1 East Surry (3) (need win over Mount Airy to stay in this tier)
2 Mitchell Co. (7)
3 Bessemer City (22) (needs win over Cherryville to stay in this tier)
----------
Tier of 2s
4 Mount Airy (8) (would jump to Tier of 1s with win over East Surry)
----------
Tier of 3s
5 Mountain Island Charter (13) (would move up to Tier of 2s with Jefferson Academy loss to Union Academy, would move up to Tier of 1s with win over Highland Tech and a Bessemer City loss to Cherryville)
----------
Tier of WCs
6 Swain Co. (10)
7 Polk Co. (11)
8 Avery Co. (25)
9 Starmount (28)
10 Union Academy (31) (would move up to in a Tier of 3s with win over Jefferson Academy; if that happens, Mtn Isl. Ch. would jump to Tier of 2s)
11 East Wilkes (32)
12 Comm. Sch. of Davidson (47) (need win over Pine Lake Prep and the rankings go their way to make this happen)

------------------------------

1AA East
Tier of 1s
1 Tarboro (1)
2 Holmes (5)
3 Princeton (6) (needs win over Rosewood to stay in this tier, or drop to Tier of 2s could pass Holmes with win)
4 Granville Central (17)
5 North Rowan (26)
6 East Carteret (54)
----------
Tier of 2s
7 Manteo (15)
8 North Stanly (38) (need win over South Stanly to guarantee spot in this tier)
----------
Tier of WCs
9 South Stokes (21)
10 Hobbton (30)
11 South Stanly (42) (could drop below Louisburg with loss, or possibly out of playoffs)
12 Louisburg (44) (need win over Warren Co., could pass South Stanly)

1A West

Tier of 1s

1 Robbinsville/Murphy winner (2/4) (must beat Murphy to stay in this tier)

2 Elkin (9)

3 Thomas Jefferson Academy (14) (must beat Union Academy to stay in this tier)

----------

Tier of 2s

4 Robbinsville/Murphy loser (2/4)

----------

Tier of WCs

5 Hayesville (19)

6 Winston-Salem Prep (20) (must beat Bishop McGuiness to make playoffs, could pass Hayesville)

7 Andrews (33)

9 Alleghany Co. (39)

10 Albemarle (41) (wouldn't hurt to get a win over Montgomery Central to stay in playoffs, could move up in rankings with win and pass some teams)

10 Union (48) (just guessing they wind up here after win over Lakewood on Thursday

11 Cherokee (46)

12 East Columbus/West Columbus winner (59/61) (winner gets auto wild card, loser out of playoffs)

-Notes: Lakewood could sneak back in, depending on rankings after other games get played

1A East
Tier of 1s
1 North Edgecombe (16)
----------
Tier of 2s
2 Rosewood (12) (can move up to Tier of 1s with win over Princeton)
3 Pamlico Co. (18)
4 Northampton Co. (29)
----------
Tier of WCs (These teams are so close together that any of them could slide up or down by one spot or more depending on what happens on Friday, whoever winds up in 7 & 10 spots are in a great spot to get to 3rd Rd if they can beat their 1st Rd opponent
5 Northside (23)
6 Washington Co. (24)
7 Gates Co. (27)
8 Southside (34)
9 South Creek (35)
10 North Duplin (36)
11 Perquimans Co. (40)
12 KIPP Pride (45)

Last edited:
I know, I know....if you look at some websites doing projections, they have Cherokee in the playoffs, and they might make it, but they have a bye week, and have lost four straight. I'm expecting someone below them to pass them (namely the winner of the Comm. Sch. of Davidson/Pine Lake Prep game)...also, Union could replace Lakewood if they beat them this week....Also, many projections out there may not include Winston-Salem Prep because they would not be in if the playoffs started today, but I am thinking they will beat Bishop McGuiness and get in.

-Remember Seeds 1-4 receive a 1st Rd bye
-AMPR shown in (x)

-My 1AA/1A cut line: between Mitchell Co. (smallest 1AA) & Gates Co. (largest 1A)
-In 2AA, my West/East cut line: between East Surry (easternmost team in West) & North Rowan (westernmost team in East)
-In 2A, my West/East cut line: between North Duplin (easternmost team in West) & Rosewood (westernmost team in East)

1AA West
Tier of 1s
1 East Surry (3) (need win over Mount Airy to stay in this tier)
2 Mitchell Co. (7)
3 Bessemer City (22)
----------
Tier of 2s
4 Mount Airy (8) (would jump to Tier of 1s with win over East Surry)
----------
Tier of WCs
5 Swain Co. (10)
6 Polk Co. (11)
7 Mountain Island Charter (13)
8 Avery Co. (25)
9 Starmount (28)
10 Union Academy (31)
11 East Wilkes (32)
12 Comm. Sch. of Davidson (47) (need win over Pine Lake Prep)

1AA East
Tier of 1s
1 Tarboro (1)
2 Holmes (5)
3 Princeton (6) (needs win over Rosewood to stay in this tier, or drop to Tier of 2s could pass Holmes with win)
4 Granville Central (17)
5 North Rowan (26)
6 East Carteret (54)
----------
Tier of 2s
7 Manteo (15)
8 North Stanly (38) (need win over South Stanly to guarantee spot in this tier)
----------
Tier of WCs
9 South Stokes (21)
10 Hobbton (30)
11 South Stanly (42) (could drop below Louisburg with loss, or possibly out of playoffs)
12 Louisburg (44) (need win over Warren Co., could pass South Stanly)

1A West
Tier of 1s
1 Robbinsville/Murphy winner (2/4) (must beat Murphy to stay in this tier)
2 Elkin (9)
3 Thomas Jefferson Academy
4 East Columbus/West Columbus winner (59/61) (winner gets bye week, loser out of playoffs)
----------
Tier of 2s
5 Robbinsville/Murphy loser (2/4)
----------
Tier of WCs
6 Hayesville (19)
7 Winston-Salem Prep (20) (must beat Bishop McGuiness to make playoffs, could pass Hayesville)
8 Andrews (33)
9 North Duplin (36)
10 Alleghany Co. (39)
11 Albemarle (41) (wouldn't hurt to get a win over Montgomery Central to stay in playoffs, could move up in rankings with win and pass some teams)
12 Lakewood (43) (needs to beat Union to stay in playoffs, otherwise Union could win up in this spot or 11 seed

1A East
Tier of 1s
1 North Edgecombe (16)
2 Bear Grass Charter (65) (needs to beat Columbia [again] to avoid draw for this spot)
----------
Tier of 2s
3 Rosewood (12) (can move up to Tier of 1s with win over Princeton)
4 Pamlico Co. (18)
5 Northampton Co. (29)
----------
Tier of WCs (These teams are so close together that any of them could slide up or down by one spot or more depending on what happens on Friday, whoever winds up in 7 & 10 spots are in a great spot to get to 3rd Rd if they can beat their 1st Rd opponent
6 Northside (23)
7 Washington Co. (24)
8 Gates Co. (27)
9 Southside (34)
10 South Creek (35)
11 Perquimans Co. (40)
12 KIPP Pride (45)
Thanks, that had to take a lot of time.

Reactions: tarheelg
Thanks, that had to take a lot of time.
My 2A/2AA posted yesterday took a lot of time (been prepping all year watching scores and rankings, waited until new ADMs to publish yesterday).....then got a tweet from somebody at Gates Co. (where I'm from originally) asking if I had 1A/1AA done....said no, but I might look into it by end of week....started on it after lunch today and published blog post around 3:45....and while there are a few potential glitches and changes, it's a lot cleaner than 2A (and 3A from what I hear) in terms of most of the conference auto bids are already ironed out except a couple of games this week to see who finishes 1st & 2nd

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Winston Salem Prep will definitely make playoffs don't know why u said they might not?

East Columbus or west Columbus will be listed as a 12 seed....u have to finish top 3 in a split conference and win 50percent of your games....also north stokes should be somewhere?

Columbus will not get a bye. And Thomas Jefferson is not guaranteed to either
See I warned about making a glaring error when I rushed through and did this in probably about an hour, yes East Columbus most definitely will not get a bye....let me get on edits....I'm standing by Jefferson getting one though with that often forgotten seeding procedure among 3 way ties for conference championship where one team goes small and other two go big....the one going by itself automatically goes as a 1.....the other two use head to head to see who gets a 1 and the other will be a wild card....(unless they're in the rare league with 3 auto bids and they drew a 1 or 2 in conference draw, then they'd be a 2)

Last edited:
East Columbus or west Columbus will be listed as a 12 seed....u have to finish top 3 in a split conference and win 50percent of your games....also north stokes should be somewhere?
You are correct about East Columbus.....I think there is no way North Stokes gets in because of their loss to Bishop McGuiness and the leap frog rule

You are correct about East Columbus.....I think there is no way North Stokes gets in because of their loss to Bishop McGuiness and the leap frog rule

North Stokes has a road to get in if Bishop beats WSP and manages to jump up quite a few spots in the rankings. WSP is 20th in rankings so a win could jump Bishop several spots.

North Stokes has a road to get in if Bishop beats WSP and manages to jump up quite a few spots in the rankings. WSP is 20th in rankings so a win could jump Bishop several spots.
Maybe, but I doubt it would get them up high enough.....that is North Stokes' only hope though.....problem is there may not be enough playoff spots left for all of them to make it

Last edited:
Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
Maybe, but I doubt it would get them up high enough.....that is North Stokes' only hope though.....problem is there may not be enough playoff spots left for all of them to make it

I'd say if it happens it would put Bishop as one of the 1st 4 out. That could actually be a fun game to watch on Friday. Like you though I don't think North Stokes gets in. Too much has to happen for them to do so.

Leap frog rule? Never heard of it...answer me this if there is a leap frog rule how come alleghany had better conference standing then elkin last year...but elkin got the higher seed last season? Did they forget the leapfrog rule?

Leap frog rule? Never heard of it...answer me this if there is a leap frog rule how come alleghany had better conference standing then elkin last year...but elkin got the higher seed last season? Did they forget the leapfrog rule?
Didn't Elkin beat Allegany? There is a leap frog rule, but it's all so confusing...

Didn't Elkin beat Allegany? There is a leap frog rule, but it's all so confusing...
The leap frog rule affects non auto bid winning teams QUALIFYING FOR THE PLAYOFFS AS AT-LARGE WILD CARDS; not seeding when you get in the playoffs....you cannot finish lower than somebody else in the conference standings (even by tiebreaking draw) and go to the playoffs if they don't also go to the playoffs....exception: split conferences; received confirmation this week that if, this season for example, 2A North Wilkes were to lose their last game and be the first one out and miss the playoffs, then the 1A teams in that league below them in the overall 1A/2A conference standings (potentially Starmount Alleghany, East Wilkes) are still eligible, and might qualify based on their ranking, of course the rule still applies within the 1A division & 2A division of the 1A/2A conference, but not overall in the conference......I looked up last year in Mtn Valley...Starmount was the only auto bid 1A/1AA team from the league, then any others in 1A/1AA playoffs went as wild cards and get seeded based on adjusted maxpreps rankings.....Elkin was fortunate that East Wilkes and Alleghany also had rankings high enough to get in, or else Elkin would have also missed playoffs along with the one they were buried behind....I believe that happened to Fairmont in 2A last year, could happen to Walkertown or Bartlett Yancey this year in 2A....North Stokes is in line for that to happen this year, where their ranking is well above 48, but a bad loss in conference play is killing them

They didn't forget; or somebody would have called that phone number listed with preliminary brackets....this rule affects qualifying for the playoffs, NOT seeding for the teams who qualified....and it sure beats the way it was one year or two where ALL third place teams had to get in before any 4th place teams, and all 4th place before any 4th

Last edited:

I may be thinking wrong here but it looks to me that North Stokes will probably get in as long as they beat South Stokes and WSP beats Bishop. That would make WSP and South Stokes tied for 3rd in the conference and North Stokes and Bishop tied in last place. But Bishop will no long be ahead of NS. Plus NS right now #37 they'll probably stay around there. But if NS loses or Bishop wins by rule a team cannot jump another team in its conference that finishes higher in the conference standings even if they have a higher adjusted rankings.

Last edited:
Ok...I still don't understand how alleghany won at elkin 40 to 0 had a 4 and 3 conference record and elkin had a 3 and 4 conference record and elkin got the higher seed....how the heck did maxpreps have them ranked higher after a 40 to 0 loss and a worse conference record....it didn't matter because 2nd round opponent for us was murphy and robbinsville for elkin so it would be like which one do u want Alabama or LSU I just always wandered how they were seeded higher. Thanks for the good info I thought north stokes was a sure thing

Ok...I still don't understand how alleghany won at elkin 40 to 0 had a 4 and 3 conference record and elkin had a 3 and 4 conference record and elkin got the higher seed....how the heck did maxpreps have them ranked higher after a 40 to 0 loss and a worse conference record....it didn't matter because 2nd round opponent for us was murphy and robbinsville for elkin so it would be like which one do u want Alabama or LSU I just always wandered how they were seeded higher. Thanks for the good info I thought north stokes was a sure thing

I don't know why Elkin last year had a higher ranking. But if I'm right while Elkin couldn't get into the playoffs last year before Allegheny because Allegheny had a better conference record that rule is only for getting into the playoffs not seeding.. So since they both got into the 48 after the 48 are named then they split them into the A AA then regions then starting with the automatic qualifiers then the at-large teams they are seeded according to their adjusted rankings were they finished in the conference no longer matters for at-large bids.

Last edited:
See I warned about making a glaring error when I rushed through and did this in probably about an hour, yes East Columbus most definitely will not get a bye....let me get on edits....I'm standing by Jefferson getting one though with that often forgotten seeding procedure among 3 way ties for conference championship where one team goes small and other two go big....the one going by itself automatically goes as a 1.....the other two use head to head to see who gets a 1 and the other will be a wild card....(unless they're in the rare league with 3 auto bids and they drew a 1 or 2 in conference draw, then they'd be a 2)
so your certain Thomas Jefferson gets a 1 seed? I know that was the rule 5 years ago about 3 way ties smallest 1a team gets 1 seed. But thought it might have changed?

The 3 way tie scenario would work in a split 2A/1A conference were one is 2A and two are 1A and they use head to head. But in a single classification conference even if one is AA and two are A they don't split into A and AA until the 48 teams are selected. If all three win Friday MIC , Thomas Jefferson, and Bessemer City and there's a three way tie, while they'll do a tiebreaker for first second and third, they all three will get in as automatic bids because any conference with 9+ teams the top three get in as automatic bids. But after they have the 48 then split them into A & AA each will be seeded by the rankings in the order they finished the conference. But MIC will have to lose Friday and TJ win for them pass them in rankings and get a better seed like #3 or win the tiebreaker. If MIC and BC wins and TJ loses Friday then Bessemer will be conference champion because of head to head over MIC and MIC second and Union Academy would be third because of head to head over TJ. Then TJ being fourth will get in only as at-large team.

so your certain Thomas Jefferson gets a 1 seed? I know that was the rule 5 years ago about 3 way ties smallest 1a team gets 1 seed. But thought it might have changed?
I'm not CERTAIN about anything, they've been using that rule for at least 7 or 8 years though

I may be thinking wrong here but it looks to me that North Stokes will probably get in as long as they beat South Stokes and WSP beats Bishop. That would make WSP and South Stokes tied for 3rd in the conference and North Stokes and Bishop tied in last place. But Bishop will no long be ahead of NS. Plus NS right now #37 they'll probably stay around there. But if NS loses or Bishop wins by rule a team cannot jump another team in its conference that finishes higher in the conference standings even if they have a higher adjusted rankings.
Yes if Bishop & NS wind up in a 2 way tie in conf. play, then Bishop is higher in conference standings because of head to head win, NS can't go unless Bishop goes, and if the last wild card spot is between those 2, it would go to Bishop because of head to head

that was the adjusted maxpreps rankings that had them seeded higher

Reactions: KW23
The 3 way tie scenario would work in a split 2A/1A conference were one is 2A and two are 1A and they use head to head. But in a single classification conference even if one is AA and two are A they don't split into A and AA until the 48 teams are selected. If all three win Friday MIC , Thomas Jefferson, and Bessemer City and there's a three way tie, while they'll do a tiebreaker for first second and third, they all three will get in as automatic bids because any conference with 9+ teams the top three get in as automatic bids. But after they have the 48 then split them into A & AA each will be seeded by the rankings in the order they finished the conference. But MIC will have to lose Friday and TJ win for them pass them in rankings and get a better seed like #3 or win the tiebreaker. If MIC and BC wins and TJ loses Friday then Bessemer will be conference champion because of head to head over MIC and MIC second and Union Academy would be third because of head to head over TJ. Then TJ being fourth will get in only as at-large team.
I've made edits to reflect 3 auto bids for the So. Pied. but I think they are still using the method I described above for the potential for 3 way tie in a conference that's not a split conference....yes, in a split conference, there will always be two auto bids, and both going into tier of 1s provided they both have a .500 or better overall record, or finish in top three in overall conference standings, or else they'll be seeded with wild cards, like someone pointed out earlier about winner of East Columbus/West Columbus game....but I'm going to leave TJCA as in tier of 1s in 1A West, and leave BC in tier of 1s in 1AA West....In my haste of doing all of this in about an hour yesterday, I did neglect to realize that there were more than 8 teams in this league, and that they do get 3 auto bids, so I made an edit to now list MIC in Tier of 3s...and yes, if TJCA were to lose to UA, then BC obviously still 1st, MIC to 2nd, UA to 3rd, TJCA to 4th and a wild card

It's all enough to make you're head spin.
But I believe as far as the rule were you have to finish .500 even if you win your classification in your conference to get an automatic bid , I think they should have added that you also have to be ranked in the top 48 to get in as an at-large team as well.
Personally I think as far as seeding they can do as they do now use rankings and conference finish for seeding but as far as getting into the playoffs I just made it simply top 48 get in.

But I believe as far as the rule were you have to finish .500 even if you win your classification in your conference to get an automatic bid , I think they should have added that you also have to be ranked in the top 48 to get in as an at-large team as well.
Personally I think as far as seeding they can do as they do now use rankings and conference finish for seeding but as far as getting into the playoffs I just made it simply top 48 get in.

Only 48 get in, so the only way that someone not in the top 48 would get in would be they are one of the auto qualifying teams OR due to the leap frog rule. Both of those reason make sense.

If you are auto qualifying team, why should you get punished for a computer ranking? If you finished higher in your conference, why should you get left out, because someone that finished worse than you, is ranked higher by a computer?

The problem with that is there would be no reason to have conferences at all if winning your division in a conference meant nothing....this year are two glaring examples among split conferences (East Columbus/West Columbus and McMichael/Morehead) where those are the only two in the conference in their division, in both cases, one of them will make the playoffs, and in both cases, it will be as a wild card since those four teams' combined record is 4-37, and 3 of those 4 wins are with Morehead, who could get another this week, at least they're going in with wild cards and not the 1s like South Caldwell did in 4A a couple of years ago at either 1-10 or 2-9

Only 48 get in, so the only way that someone not in the top 48 would get in would be they are one of the auto qualifying teams OR due to the leap frog rule. Both of those reason make sense.

If you are auto qualifying team, why should you get punished for a computer ranking? If you finished higher in your conference, why should you get left out, because someone that finished worse than you, is ranked higher by a computer?
I agree with what you're saying right here, just remember that the only time the leap frog would let the team with lower ranking in and lock out the team with higher ranking and lower spot in conference standings would be if those are the last two teams eligible for the last wild card spot....in most cases, neither one of them will get in the playoffs, and remember in many cases, there are situations where the 5th place team has a much higher ranking than 3rd and/or 4th but nobody cares or notices because they all get in....it only causes a stir or gets noticed when somebody gets locked out because of a bad conference loss (game they should have won based on rankings/ratings)....this year North Stokes to Bishop McGuiness....last year Fairmont to Red Springs

Hey tarheelg! I sure would appreciate if you could do some 3A/3AA bracketology!!!!! :)
Don't hold your breath; heard from somebody that 3A/3AA is a much bigger mess to sort out than the two I've worked on; I've got plenty of other stuff to do in free time today and tomorrow....I would recommend looking at HighSchoolOT.com's playoff projections, they follow the procedure very well, but the big drawback is they don't project anything ahead of time or talk about ways it could change after this week and who could move where, and I think saw some errors on theirs even if it was looking at "as they stand", but that's irrelevant

The problem with that is there would be no reason to have conferences at all if winning your division in a conference meant nothing....this year are two glaring examples among split conferences (East Columbus/West Columbus and McMichael/Morehead) where those are the only two in the conference in their division, in both cases, one of them will make the playoffs, and in both cases, it will be as a wild card since those four teams' combined record is 4-37, and 3 of those 4 wins are with Morehead, who could get another this week, at least they're going in with wild cards and not the 1s like South Caldwell did in 4A a couple of years ago at either 1-10 or 2-9

Well in what I was suggestion there would still be a reason for winning your conference or classification in a split conference. Right now when they do the seeding after the 48 teams are made and they split into A & AA and regions, they first seed all first place teams in thier conference or classification in thier conference according to thier adjusted rankings and then the second place teams then third, then the at-large teams so where you finish in your conference in the seeding process counts for something so I meant keep that aspect of it. I just meant as far as getting put into the playoffs themselves just use the top 48 and not use conference so a teams like you meantion in a split conference and only two teams in one classification and maybe only one or two wins don't get in and have to drive across the state just to get blown out. Of course it wouldn't solve all the issues since some in the top 48 isn't much better but you'll never have a perfect system. Of course after next year it's all going to change again anyway.

Don't hold your breath; heard from somebody that 3A/3AA is a much bigger mess to sort out than the two I've worked on; I've got plenty of other stuff to do in free time today and tomorrow....I would recommend looking at HighSchoolOT.com's playoff projections, they follow the procedure very well, but the big drawback is they don't project anything ahead of time or talk about ways it could change after this week and who could move where, and I think saw some errors on theirs even if it was looking at "as they stand", but that's irrelevant
LOL, it was worth a shot. Yes 3A is going to be a mess to figure out. Wishing the boys out in South Granville luck in the playoffs.

Well I'm just spit balling here and there's never going to be a perfect system. I'm not sure there is a scenario like this , this year. But under the current system, say if you have a team that ends the year 5-5 but play in a strong non- split conference and because of thier strength of schedule etc have a high enough rating to be in the lower part the top 48 but playing in a strong conference they might give a higher seed team with a better record but played in a weaker conference a good game in the playoffs but they won't get that chance because a team in a split conference who only won 2 games got in as an automatic at-large team because they where first in thier classification in thier conference.
Like I say I'm just spit balling smarter people then me figure this stuff out.

Well I'm just spit balling here and there's never going to be a perfect system. I'm not sure there is a scenario like this , this year. But under the current system, say if you have a team that ends the year 5-5 but play in a strong non- split conference and because of thier strength of schedule etc have a high enough rating to be in the lower part the top 48 but playing in a strong conference they might give a higher seed team with a better record but played in a weaker conference a good game in the playoffs but they won't get that chance because a team in a split conference who only won 2 games got in as an automatic at-large team because they where first in thier classification in thier conference.
Like I say I'm just spit balling smarter people then me figure this stuff out.

Understood, but I feel like that is more of a split conference issue than playoff issue. The lower division teams are always going to complain that it isn't fair for them to miss out on the playoffs because they have to constantly play higher classification teams.

Tarheels.....if south stanly wins and it is a 3 way tie for second between south stanly north stanly and albemarle....based on your Thomas Jefferson tie breaker logic would the same thing apply to albemarle? Since albemarle is the only small 1a team in the 3 way tie would they get a 2 tier seed and be seeded number 5?

Understood, but I feel like that is more of a split conference issue than playoff issue. The lower division teams are always going to complain that it isn't fair for them to miss out on the playoffs because they have to constantly play higher classification teams.

From articles I've read one of reasons the NCHSAA board is thinking about a 5A they want to reduce split conferences as much as possible.

From articles I've read one of reasons the NCHSAA board is thinking about a 5A they want to reduce split conferences as much as possible.
Hmmmm....the best way to reduce split conferences would be go to fewer classes, not more.....so if they're going to 5 with purpose of cutting down splits, maybe they are looking at making one of the five classes for charter schools only.....and last time they went 20/30/30/20 in an effort to keep the very large former 1As away from the really small ones and the very small former 4As away from the really big ones....wonder if they would stick with this or go with different ratios, and either not have subdivided football playoffs in largest and smallest class, (or go back to only 32 making it, not 48 to cut out the 1st rd byes)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT