ADVERTISEMENT

My latest take on new conferences

SimmonsRatings

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2008
I have now uploaded my latest updates to my proposed eastern and western conferences. Please give feedback.

I tried to make as few splits as possible. If anybody has any better ideas for conferences, let me know and I will add them if I like them. I took some NCHSAA conferences I liked and added them, and some of the poster ideas as well. My rules: 1) only make splits where necessary for geographic reasons, i.e. 2 or more teams need to be in a split; 2) must have 6 football teams in each league; 3) no 10 team football conferences.

Thanks

Conference 3 with the Iredell/Cabarrus 4A teams looks good to me. Conference 4 with Iredell/Rowan 3A teams would be a good conference.

Garinger does not need to be in the Imeck

East Burke to Shelby is 50 mins and I doubt East Burke, Bandys or Bunker hill would want be in a conference with Shelby , N-C and Burns imo but I’m sure better than what’s currently proposed with Cherryville

I do like that you moved West Char. And West Meck to a Real 3A conference but idk if they actually get moved into that

I don’t mind the Iredell/Rowan conference but Only happens if the other teams in the first draft are moved which may or may not happen

You have to remember that they are realigning for all sports, not just football. Although football is the main revenue sport, not everything is about that.

Reactions: Raiders Rollin
What are the changes that were made? Just looking at it and nothing seems to jump out at me. Im sure I could pull up the last one and go conference by conference but I feel some of you may be less lazy than me and might already know a few.

Reactions: AmosAlonzoStagg
No Changes to Mooreville, LN or SI in Cabarrus

west Charlotte and WestMeck added to Imeck

Looks like the conference with Iredell/ Cabarrus 4A is still the same in the 3rd draft.

Well out East they could have done a better job in 3A and 4A . And why in gods name do we not have 5 classifications
They did this on purpose to force schools to Vote! Reason why we don’t have 5A is schools didn’t vote n here are the Consequences

Looks like the conference with Iredell/ Cabarrus 4A is still the same in the 3rd draft.
That might be the best conference in the state. They did well in the 3A and 4A West other than putting West Charlotte and West Meck in a split conference with larger 4A schools. And Lake Norman Charter’s placement might have been a little bit of a stretch. But not as bad as 1A and 2A West.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
That might be the best conference in the state. They did well in the 3A and 4A West other than putting West Charlotte and West Meck in a split conference with larger 4A schools. And Lake Norman Charter’s placement might have been a little bit of a stretch. But not as bad as 1A and 2A West.
Best conference in the state?

Last edited:
Reactions: OptionFreak
Best conference in the state

East Forsyth
West Forsyth
Reagan
Mt. Tabor
Davie County
Glenn
RJR
Parkland

You have the the 2 time 4A champ and top 10 4A team the past decade East Forsyth and teams in that conference that has beat them over the years Reagan and West Forsyth who both have been a frequent top 10-15 4A ranked teams. Mt Tabor has been a 3-4th round playoff team in 3AA the past several years. You also have Glenn who has been more than solid over the past 5 years. Davie County also is a good team. Now RJR has been in a little slump but are not God awful and Parkland can either be really good or really really bad. This conference has a lot of state championship titles and trips historically so

Last edited:
Best conference in the state

East Forsyth
West Forsyth
Reagan
Mt. Tabor
Davie County
Glenn
RJR
Parkland

You have the the 2 time 4A champ and top 10 4A team the past decade East Forsyth and teams in that conference that has beat them over the years Reagan and West Forsyth. Mt Tabor has been a 3-4th round playoff team in 3AA the past several years. You also have Glenn who has been more than solid over the past 5 years. Davie County also is a good team. Now RJR has been in a little slump but are not God awful and Parkland can either be really good or really really bad. This conference has a lot of state championship titles and trips historically so
Outside of East Forsyth. When these teams play out of conference playoffs. They are not a threat. It's who are you now, and not Historically. Historically you can go back 20 years.

Outside of East Forsyth. When these teams play out of conference playoffs. They are not a threat. It's who are you now, and not Historically. Historically you can go back 20 years.
Well true but That conference would be tough for any team in NC to win. And from almost top to bottom quality teams. And all of these teams have had good-great seasons in the past 10 years

Well true but That conference would be tough for any team in NC to win. And from almost top to bottom quality teams. And all of these teams have had good-great seasons in the past 10 years
I went back and looked at the new conferences. It's close. They really destroyed, what use to be, some very tough conferences. I really don't know enough about the teams in the new conference's to comment. So, you're probably right. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: OptionFreak
I love the level of competition in Iredell/Cabarrus 4A. Possibly 4 teams could battle for 1st. If things can get back to normal I see big gates with this conference. You could possibly these 4 battling out for 1st. Mooresville, Hickory Ridge, AL Brown, Lake Norman. Even South Iredell has improved a lot over the years.

I love the level of competition in Iredell/Cabarrus 4A. Possibly 4 teams could battle for 1st. If things can get back to normal I see big gates with this conference. You could possibly these 4 battling out for 1st. Mooresville, Hickory Ridge, AL Brown, Lake Norman. Even South Iredell has improved a lot over the years.
Cox Mill will be the team to be here in next yr or 2 bc they just got a great HC n they have talent dont sleep on the Chargers in Football n Basketball they are the TEAM to beat!

That’s right. Can’t leave out Cox Mill. They can be a hand full. Also I’m interested to see how West Cabarrus will do especially in a couple years or more.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Yep, I miss the years of the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s. I’ve told my boys I wish they could have seen the atmosphere at the home games. It was unreal. Just to get a seat in the stands you had to be there 1.5 early.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Yep, I miss the years of the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s. I’ve told my boys I wish they could have seen the atmosphere at the home games. It was unreal. Just to get a seat in the stands you had to be there 1.5 early.
I think most teams were like that in 80s n 90s.....i mean schools like Statesville, West Rowan and others had bigger crowds back then . they really dont fill up a stadium on the road anymore or sometimes at home they dont even have a full house

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT