ADVERTISEMENT

My latest take on new conferences

SimmonsRatings

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2008
I have now uploaded my latest updates to my proposed eastern and western conferences. Please give feedback.

I tried to make as few splits as possible. If anybody has any better ideas for conferences, let me know and I will add them if I like them. I took some NCHSAA conferences I liked and added them, and some of the poster ideas as well. My rules: 1) only make splits where necessary for geographic reasons, i.e. 2 or more teams need to be in a split; 2) must have 6 football teams in each league; 3) no 10 team football conferences.

Thanks

Reactions: realjoejr
Uh sorry you got ER driving all over the place. I still like the Randolph county split conference better. But that is only because of less travel and better gates.

Garinger does not need to be in the Imeck

East Burke to Shelby is 50 mins and I doubt East Burke, Bandys or Bunker hill would want be in a conference with Shelby , N-C and Burns imo but I’m sure better than what’s currently proposed with Cherryville

I do like that you moved West Char. And West Meck to a Real 3A conference but idk if they actually get moved into that

I don’t mind the Iredell/Rowan conference but Only happens if the other teams in the first draft are moved which may or may not happen

Conference 7 and 8 is jacked up
That will NEVER happen. Thank God.

Conference 7 and 8 is jacked up
That will NEVER happen. Thank God.

If it did, I think Nantahala would need to get switched from 7 to 8...TCEC doesn't do any indoor sports so that makes three small non-football teams in the east versus one in the west in volleyball/basketball unless you moved Nantahala. And it's just makes more sense geographically not to split Nantahala off from Andrews and Robbinsville if you're getting rid of Big Smoky/Little Smoky.

It's not too different from the setup in the early 2000s (Smoky East/Smoky West), but they would have to combine the two in football like they did back then for it to make any sense. And maybe pull TJCA into Conference 7 to bring them back to six schools if Nantahala moved.

Last edited:
Reactions: BK13T-$
Davidson County schools in the currently proposed 1A/2A split with Rowan are much better aligned for travel. ED, WD, Salisbury and Lexington have no history with those Forsyth schools, It would cripple their budgets and make travel too far spread in the 1A side for SD, NR and THS. THS does not want to go back to an old YVC league with hour plus travel for games.

Uh sorry you got ER driving all over the place. I still like the Randolph county split conference better. But that is only because of less travel and better gates.
Would your desire for a Randolph County split conference be because Eastern Randolph would be one of only two 1-A squads in the conference ? It is hard to fathom the once powerful 3-A ER now being placed in 1-A. . Did Providence Grove take that many students or was there a sudden exodus from Liberty and Ramseur ? I hope you and yours are well, Mister Kidd.

Reactions: thekidd12
Would your desire for a Randolph County split conference be because Eastern Randolph would be one of only two 1-A squads in the conference ? It is hard to fathom the once powerful 3-A ER now being placed in 1-A. . Did Providence Grove take that many students or was there a sudden exodus from Liberty and Ramseur ? I hope you and yours are well, Mister Kidd.
Nope. The other 1A is the school we don’t mention by name in Randolph and wish they weren’t in it. PG took about half. Trinity and ER have similar numbers. Not sure how they stayed 2A. I simply like conference because it makes since logistically. My family is doing well. Daughter had Covid around Thanksgiving but came home for Christmas. Hopefully you’ and yours are doing ok.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
Will change SMC back to Big/Little - the two leagues would play as one in football. I am not a fan of the Davidson/Forsyth split conference either, but I haven't found a better solution that I like yet. I have been studying it hard.

As far as ER goes - It's harder to make leagues now because they created the west/east split thing. Alamance can't play with Guilford, Chatham can't play with Randolph, etc. I would rather throw ER in with Chatham Central and North Moore but you can't now. ER happens to be right at the east/west border.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Will change SMC back to Big/Little - the two leagues would play as one in football. I am not a fan of the Davidson/Forsyth split conference either, but I haven't found a better solution that I like yet. I have been studying it hard.

As far as ER goes - It's harder to make leagues now because they created the west/east split thing. Alamance can't play with Guilford, Chatham can't play with Randolph, etc. I would rather throw ER in with Chatham Central and North Moore but you can't now. ER happens to be right at the east/west border.
You are right about where ER should be. NM and CC are much closer than the 1As you have them with. ER usually goes to both ends of state, depending on sport, when it comes to playoffs.

I prefer the splits due to the natural rivalries and the non conference game increases, but I wouldn't mind playing the Wilkes schools either in 2A West 5. That's where we should be honestly. Either way that would work tons better than now for us.

2A West Conference 4 would work really well.

In Simmons' last realignment scenario, shouldn't Union Academy be playing football his members of his West Conference 6 (Bessemer City, Cherryville, and others ...)?

I think Eastern Randolph and Uwharrie will stay in the Randolph County split league. You are talking about some great gates and small travel. I would take Andrews and put them with TVille, the Davidson’s, and agree with you sliding South Davidson over to the Albemarle, South Stanly led air that they are currently in.

I think Eastern Randolph and Uwharrie will stay in the Randolph County split league. You are talking about some great gates and small travel. I would take Andrews and put them with TVille, the Davidson’s, and agree with you sliding South Davidson over to the Albemarle, South Stanly led air that they are currently in.

Don't expect a change in that conference with the Davidson/Rowan teams. I am quite sure all the schools are very happy to be put together in that league. Agree that TW Andrews should be in one of the Randolph or Davidson leagues.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT