ADVERTISEMENT

My latest take on new conferences

SimmonsRatings

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2008
I have now uploaded my latest updates to my proposed eastern and western conferences. Please give feedback.

I tried to make as few splits as possible. If anybody has any better ideas for conferences, let me know and I will add them if I like them. I took some NCHSAA conferences I liked and added them, and some of the poster ideas as well. My rules: 1) only make splits where necessary for geographic reasons, i.e. 2 or more teams need to be in a split; 2) must have 6 football teams in each league; 3) no 10 team football conferences.

Thanks

Reactions: redskins55
Garinger does not need to be in the Imeck

East Burke to Shelby is 50 mins and I doubt East Burke, Bandys or Bunker hill would want be in a conference with Shelby , N-C and Burns imo but I’m sure better than what’s currently proposed with Cherryville

I do like that you moved West Char. And West Meck to a Real 3A conference but idk if they actually get moved into that

I don’t mind the Iredell/Rowan conference but Only happens if the other teams in the first draft are moved which may or may not happen

The thing is you are trying to avoid split leagues-which I personally have no problem with-but the state is not. They proposed more of them than ever. Now idk if your trying to predict what the state would do or get feedback on what you think should be done. Either way....it looks good to me. Let’s line’em up and play!

It's the latter - I have always hated split conferences unless absolutely necessary. So I admit to a bias there. I am trying to get feedback on what conferences could look like.

I like it but I have a hard time seeing them split up Gaston schools unless they cross classification.

I like it but I have a hard time seeing them split up Gaston schools unless they cross classification.

I just don’t see Hickory, Foard and St. Stephens with Crest, KM, Forestview, Ashbrook and North Gaston. Closer than you think from Gastonia to Hickory with 321 (especially to North Gaston) but that just doesn’t make sense to me at all.

I just don’t see Hickory, Foard and St. Stephens with Crest, KM, Forestview, Ashbrook and North Gaston. Closer than you think from Gastonia to Hickory with 321 (especially to North Gaston) but that just doesn’t make sense to me at all.

Can bring back the old Southwestern Foothills from 2000’s. I think RS was in that conference as well. Maybe East Rutherford as well.

Can bring back the old Southwestern Foothills from 2000’s. I think RS was in that conference as well. Maybe East Rutherford as well.
That conference I think was

Crest
Burns
Kings Mtn
RS Central
St. Stephens
Hickory
Fred T Foard

I remember coaching in that conference was not a bad conference
Crest went to the title game losing to Parkland but that team was loaded
Burns was still being coached by Coach Green
Hickory was still very solid
It was a good conference

That conference I think was

Crest
Burns
Kings Mtn
RS Central
St. Stephens
Hickory
Fred T Foard

I remember coaching in that conference was not a bad conference
Crest went to the title game losing to Parkland but that team was loaded
Burns was still being coached by Coach Green
Hickory was still very solid
It was a good conference
That’s correct. East Rutherford was in the Midwest 2A. It was a good football conference, it was just not very travel friendly for the other sports. I think that’s what led to the SWC 2A/3A and the CVAC 2A from 2005-2009.

That might be true I coached in that conference 2001-2002 seasons. 2001 might have been the best year

It was a good conference for sure. Burns had some nice teams and a stout one in 2002. Only downer was RS and Foard.

I think in 2001 they were decent. Philip Shaw broke their backs right before halftime on a TD catch.
Crest was good that year, in fact one of the better teams I have ever seen I was coaching on that St stephens team that year. No was were were bating Crest. But that was OK because in 2007 I was on the Mt. Tabor staff that played crest

Last edited:
Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
i would love to see the enrollment #s these decisions are based on. are they available?

Crest was good that year, in fact one of the better teams I have ever seen I was coaching on that St stephens team that year. No was were were bating Crest. But that was OK because in 2007 I was on the Mt. Tabor staff that played crest

Could tell early on that was not Crest night.

Could tell early on that was not Crest night.

I remember MT. Tabor that year, they also beat a Ashbrook team that I think won the conference that year as well. Ashbrook beat the breaks off Crest the same year I believe. There was nothing Crest could have done that year. Didn't seventy-first win the ste state that year?

I remember MT. Tabor that year, they also beat a Ashbrook team that I think won the conference that year as well. Ashbrook beat the breaks off Crest the same year I believe. There was nothing Crest could have done that year. Didn't seventy-first win the ste state that year?
Hoggard won that year beat Tabor

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT