ADVERTISEMENT

MY HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED

Do the early college programs not all work the same? Kids enrolled at CCC&TI Early College (Caldwell County) still play sports for their local high school team. For example: if you live in Lenoir and attend CCC&TI Early College program and still want to compete in athletics, you do so for Hibriten. It doesn’t work that way in Cleveland County?
In Davidson County, we have two alternative schools, open to students from all three school systems, Davidson Co, Lexington and Thomasville.

Students attending Davidson County Early College cannot participate in athletics at the high school in which they are domiciled. Students attending Yadkin Valley Regional Career Academy can. I don’t know the exact difference between the two schools, but that’s how it is. It’s a fact that they publicize greatly and all students know it before they enroll.

I’m not a big fan of kids who aren’t on campus for at least part of the day participating in sports at a school that they aren’t actively a part of. I may be in the minority, but I am not in favor of home schooled students being able to participate in high school athletics, unless its comprised of home schooled kids entirely.

In Davidson County, we have two alternative schools, open to students from all three school systems, Davidson Co, Lexington and Thomasville.

Students attending Davidson County Early College cannot participate in athletics at the high school in which they are domiciled. Students attending Yadkin Valley Regional Career Academy can. I don’t know the exact difference between the two schools, but that’s how it is. It’s a fact that they publicize greatly and all students know it before they enroll.

I’m not a big fan of kids who aren’t on campus for at least part of the day participating in sports at a school that they aren’t actively a part of. I may be in the minority, but I am not in favor of home schooled students being able to participate in high school athletics, unless its comprised of home schooled kids entirely.
How interesting….didn’t realize Davidson County was like Catawba County….with 3 school systems.
I suppose….the people from Davidson County value the advantages of having 3…..over the cost effectiveness of having 1. ….similarly to the people of Catawba County.

There’s something wrong with y’all…too!😂

That’s sure to hurt Tim Tebow’s feelings 🙂

How interesting….didn’t realize Davidson County was like Catawba County….with 3 school systems.
I suppose….the people from Davidson County value the advantages of having 3…..over the cost effectiveness of having 1. ….similarly to the people of Catawba County.

There’s something wrong with y’all…too!😂
Thomasville has the same school district lines it had in the 1970’s. At that time, Thomasville High School had 1,000 students, with over 75% of them being white. Today, the high school has about 640 students, with about 25% being white.
Interpret that how you will. But I think it says a lot about what the people of Davidson County value.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT