ADVERTISEMENT

MY HOW TIMES HAVE CHANGED

SPRaiders78

May 24, 2020
Belmont
Even though 99.75% of the players are not. College athletes can now receive compensation for their likeness. Even though most likely only a small percentage will be offered compensation. USA Olympics now allow athletes to disrespect the flag they are supposed to represent. No comment required.

When the North Carolina High School Athletic Association decides to flip on what sports have always represented in NC. I guess I’ll be finished with sports completely.

Last edited by a moderator:
The NCHSAA approved transgender athletes a few years ago. They have some type of criteria.

In the NFL from the 70s David Kopay and Jerry Smith TE for the Washington Redskins. Imagine what that would have been like if they had social media in the 70s.

So I supposed what you are saying is that I should mind my own business and I suppose your probably right. You guys don’t care what I think either. Most people don’t.

So I supposed what you are saying is that I should mind my own business and I suppose your probably right. You guys don’t care what I think either. Most people don’t.
Imma gay lumbee😂😂😂….I’ll take a South Point “Lady in Red” Raider softball team shirt… if u can spare one….….size 20!😂😂😂
Hoping “Reidsville 90” enjoys this post….as much I did! That’s funny!….I don’t care who you are!
90 is my hero…wearing that Red Raider shirt to the reunion! Good or Bad….it’s the epitome of being an American!

Raider…As you may or may not know…. my parents are deaf….and raised me to be wary of the hearing man!…not race, religion or lifestyle….just hearing!….so I’m watching all you sum beeches!😁…except maybe APPVOL with his blazing 7 avatar!

My father says…. A hearing mans’ spoken words has the same value as his spit…when those spoken words fall upon his deaf ears! I guess your words were heard by some….and viewed as spit by others! I will agree that I prefer to keep these boards on football…. But… I’m listening to you… Brother! You are spot on about changes…as I sit here on the porch looking at my Brazilian neighbors across the street… their neighbors to the right are from Portugal and Spain… the next house over…Floridians. The neighbor to my left just moved in from Boston… yep!… Red Sox fans! The neighbors behind us just moved in from Michigan via Ohio. He is a Buckeye fan and was shocked to hear that Ohio States’ offensive coordinator is from right here in little ole Maiden! All these people are wonderful people…..let’s call it a good change!…..like you! Raider!….a good neighbor!😉

Thanks for your support Maiden. You’ve responded to several of my previous post. It appears we see thing in much the same way. It’s nice to have a brother from a different mother out there. I haven’t heard anything about the kill the Red Raider campaign lately. I expect it will rear its ugly head when football season starts up.

As far as what this thread was intended to be; I don’t understand why everything’s got to be political. Oh well as they say ; No matter where you go, there you are. I guess B&Y as well as CC got to be who they are just like everybody else.

Thanks for your support Maiden. You’ve responded to several of my previous post. It appears we see thing in much the same way. It’s nice to have a brother from a different mother out there. I haven’t heard anything about the kill the Red Raider campaign lately. I expect it will rear its ugly head when football season starts up.

As far as what this thread was intended to be; I don’t understand why everything’s got to be political. Oh well as they say ; No matter where you go, there you are. I guess B&Y as well as CC got to be who they are just like everybody else.
Proud of them as well!

Imma gay lumbee😂😂😂….I’ll take a South Point “Lady in Red” Raider softball team shirt… if u can spare one….….size 20!😂😂😂
Hoping “Reidsville 90” enjoys this post….as much I did! That’s funny!….I don’t care who you are!
90 is my hero…wearing that Red Raider shirt to the reunion! Good or Bad….it’s the epitome of being an American!

Raider…As you may or may not know…. my parents are deaf….and raised me to be wary of the hearing man!…not race, religion or lifestyle….just hearing!….so I’m watching all you sum beeches!😁…except maybe APPVOL with his blazing 7 avatar!

My father says…. A hearing mans’ spoken words has the same value as his spit…when those spoken words fall upon his deaf ears! I guess your words were heard by some….and viewed as spit by others! I will agree that I prefer to keep these boards on football…. But… I’m listening to you… Brother! You are spot on about changes…as I sit here on the porch looking at my Brazilian neighbors across the street… their neighbors to the right are from Portugal and Spain… the next house over…Floridians. The neighbor to my left just moved in from Boston… yep!… Red Sox fans! The neighbors behind us just moved in from Michigan via Ohio. He is a Buckeye fan and was shocked to hear that Ohio States’ offensive coordinator is from right here in little ole Maiden! All these people are wonderful people…..let’s call it a good change!…..like you! Raider!….a good neighbor!😉
You must live in a brand new neighborhood in Maiden or in Florida.That's crazy.

Huskey(QB) is gaining confidence in 7 on7’s..The Chargers have a lot to replace on the O Line and at LB spots. Also need someone to step up as a backup RB
Hearing that this kid is gaining confidence is scary. As a sophomore, he had speed to burn. Almost took down Catholic in the playoffs last year but for a few breaks and I was as impressed with him as any other single player on the Crest squad. Biggest weakness was he was young and raw. His passing accuracy needed work but will only get better. He can make up for some missing pieces. The O line won't have to give him much, just a little. If he stays healthy and the line comes together, look out. Maybe the 4th play can be spreading the field, starting with a pass play and just tucking it and running for daylight.

Hearing that this kid is gaining confidence is scary. As a sophomore, he had speed to burn. Almost took down Catholic in the playoffs last year but for a few breaks and I was as impressed with him as any other single player on the Crest squad. Biggest weakness was he was young and raw. His passing accuracy needed work but will only get better. He can make up for some missing pieces. The O line won't have to give him much, just a little. If he stays healthy and the line comes together, look out. Maybe the 4th play can be spreading the field, starting with a pass play and just tucking it and running for daylight.
Think that kid was a senior. He was their main RB that they moved to QB when their starter went down, could be wrong though.

Reactions: Crestuff
Think that kid was a senior. He was their main RB that they moved to QB when their starter went down, could be wrong though.
You right.. the actual starting QB tore his knee up in the 3rd game last season and it’s still undetermined if he will be back at some point this season

TJ Ruff was the Chargers QB in the Catholic Game the actual starter was out most of the season with ACL injury and the QB this season will be a sophomore up from last years JV squad

I don't think talent will be lacking for this Crest team. I am worried about numbers. Got to stay healthy.

LOL that comment blew me away. You’re joking, right? You don’t understand why it got political? You created/started this thread with a political rant post. Where else was the conversation supposed to go?

I wasn’t talking about the thread dude.I was talking about SPORTS in general. I guess I was looking for agreement. And I obviously don’t get it from you. Sorry I pissed in your Corn Flakes. And yes after this week I’m done with the NFL. I enjoy the games, but I’m not going to support a league that pushes their politics down my throat.

I wasn’t talking about the thread dude.I was talking about SPORTS in general. I guess I was looking for agreement. And I obviously don’t get it from you. Sorry I pissed in your Corn Flakes. And yes after this week I’m done with the NFL. I enjoy the games, but I’m not going to support a league that pushes their politics down my throat.

straight/gay in the nfl, NIL in college athletics, flag disrespect/burning/etc in olympus — these are all political issues

i’m not against you. i’m for everyone having their individual rights and freedoms. that’s democracy, my friend !

while i, personally, don’t like seeing anyone burn or disrespect the flag … i sure love living in a country that says they have the right to do it.

straight/gay in the nfl, NIL in college athletics, flag disrespect/burning/etc in olympus — these are all political issues

i’m not against you. i’m for everyone having their individual rights and freedoms. that’s democracy, my friend !

while i, personally, don’t like seeing anyone burn or disrespect the flag … i sure love living in a country that says they have the right to do it.
It is one sad individual that will burn the American Flag.

I have noticed the numbers for the middle school have been down the last few years.
Next realignment Crest could be really close to 2a numbers and that’s just my opinion..TJ,Pinnacle and the Early College will continue to be popular choices for kids and parents.

Next realignment Crest could be really close to 2a numbers and that’s just my opinion..TJ,Pinnacle and the Early College will continue to be popular choices for kids and parents.

Do the early college programs not all work the same? Kids enrolled at CCC&TI Early College (Caldwell County) still play sports for their local high school team. For example: if you live in Lenoir and attend CCC&TI Early College program and still want to compete in athletics, you do so for Hibriten. It doesn’t work that way in Cleveland County?

Do the early college programs not all work the same? Kids enrolled at CCC&TI Early College (Caldwell County) still play sports for their local high school team. For example: if you live in Lenoir and attend CCC&TI Early College program and still want to compete in athletics, you do so for Hibriten. It doesn’t work that way in Cleveland County?
My son played football and wrestled and would have been at Burns, but enrolled at our Early College.. At this time they are unable to play sports for the school they attended... Hopefully that will change... But if not he is ok with it as he is choosing education and has his own plan since 7th grade of what he wants to do and where he wants to go after graduating from Early college with diploma and 2 year degree... He does miss sports though

Huskey(QB) is gaining confidence in 7 on7’s..The Chargers have a lot to replace on the O Line and at LB spots. Also need someone to step up as a backup RB
I coached Nitro (thats what we called him) in 1st or 2nd grade and as a mighty mite you could tell he was just different atheletically from all the other kids....We had him for one year, then he ended up at Shelby intermediate I think and played for them for a couple years, then Crest middle... Mookie Norris from Union (now burns starting RB) was the same way... Both will be special

Funny story from way back: I had nitro as a runningback, I called a sweep left, and had brought in a kid that didnt play much as a left tackle (I was the type that played everyone no matter their skill level at that age) anyway, I called a sweep left for Nitro, he rounded the left corner and I was standing behind the play and there was nothing but green grass between him and the goaline.... He was extremely fast at that age, so I knew no one was catching him, but as he turned that corner, my left tackle spun around backwards (Not sure why or how still to this day) but tackled Nitro in the backfield just as he was about to be GONE..... I shook my head, my tackle thought he did the right thing, I giggled patted the tackle on the helmet and said "son that was a good tackle, nice form, but wrong tream... I looked at me and with sad little eyes said "sorry coach" ha ha Nitro did score the very next play also....

Now to Mookie...... This kid is scary even in first grade he was scary.... Could absolutely fly, and was a monster hitter... Even in first grade when he hit other kids it just looked, and Im sure felt different.... Had an incredible football IQ even at that young age.... He is going to go very far with his ability.... VERY far......

Good to see these boys grow and learn and get better..Both have very bright futures

Reactions: Crestuff
My son played football and wrestled and would have been at Burns, but enrolled at our Early College.. At this time they are unable to play sports for the school they attended... Hopefully that will change... But if not he is ok with it as he is choosing education and has his own plan since 7th grade of what he wants to do and where he wants to go after graduating from Early college with diploma and 2 year degree... He does miss sports though

That shocks me. There’s no reasonable explanation to take athletics away from the kids. It doesn’t hurt CCC in any way. The life lessons you learn from being part of a team are invaluable.

Hate it for those kids, to be put in a situation to have to choose one or the other when it’s not necessary.

Happy for you and your son — always have to do what’s best for your family.

Personally, the only way I was going to CCC&TI Early College over Hibriten was kicking and screaming and my dad would’ve had to literally drag me to campus. Funny thing is … he was the damn President of the place and started the Early College program, so it certainly wouldn’t have been off the table. 🙂

Reactions: Shelby Lion
The entire US Women’s soccer team kneels in protest before their first game at the Olympics against Sweden. Then proceeded to get skunked 3 - 0. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of young ladies. You’ve got to love what the games have become. That’s why I haven’t watched any coverage of the Olympics since they started sending professional athletes to the games.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
South Point mascot name change is official. Announcement tomorrow. The South Point Belmonts. Dion will entertain at halftime after singing the National Anthem.

The entire US Women’s soccer team kneels in protest before their first game at the Olympics against Sweden. Then proceeded to get skunked 3 - 0. It couldn't have happened to a more deserving group of young ladies. You’ve got to love what the games have become. That’s why I haven’t watched any coverage of the Olympics since they started sending professional athletes to the games.
Let it go, dude.

We all have our pet peeves, this is mine. You may not believe it, but there are a lot of people out there who agree with me. Just because you don’t, doesn’t mean you have to comment every time I post. You are welcome to. Your replies don’t offend me. When I see things that I perceive as wrong, I have a bad habit of calling them out that’s all. I suppose you perceive me as being wrong so you call me out. That’s fair.

Not saying you’re wrong. You’re entitled to your opinion on social issues. This ain’t the place. NC Preps is a place where high school football is discussed, not your ideologies.
I couldn’t care less what your beliefs are, and as many as you believe agree with you, there are more that couldn’t give 2 💩s about them.
Take it somewhere else.

There have been many threads on this site that have no relationship to high school football. I understand what you are saying. My only question is, if you don’t like what is being discussed why do you read and participate in those threads? I’ve already been reported and had a thread shut down. I don’t want that to happen again. So I’ll stop now. So sorry I offended you. It was not and has never been my intention to offend you or anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT