ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC schedules?

Don't give up. I don't think the NWC has usually been released until school was out. I was surprised to see it this soon. They still have the spring to finish and remove to post the 2021 - 2022 schedules. Sometimes an insider that know will post them early. Lets just wait and see whole will be the first to know and post the MVAC. Probably no one in the MVAC is part of the ones in the know.. Then again they may have not completed the non-confrence schedule yet.

I know who North Surry plays but 100% sure of the dates or all of the locations..

Non conference games are MA, West Stokes, Elkin, and North Forsyth. We were gonna try to add East Wilkes before the dropping of that extra week happened.

We play East Surry September 24th and pretty sure Forbush is the next week. We play West Wilkes the 4th game of the season for the conference opener.. after it gets tricky. Wilkes Central's been after Forbush both times so I gave them that slot. I've heard we play North Wilkes last and I also heard we play Surry Central last; that East Surry post erased my doubt now. North Forsyth for some odd reason is the 2nd to last game and West Wilkes is week 4 or 5 instead of being opposite.

My best guess (could be wrong on the later conference games):

@ Mount Airy
West Stokes
Elkin ?
Open Date ? (Either week 4 or 5 for the bye)
West Wilkes* ?
East Surry*
@ Forbush*
Wilkes Central* ?
Surry Central*
North Forsyth
North Wilkes* ?

If there is a ? mark I'm not sure of the location or date fully.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
E2PRvKPXIAo1dZV

It ended up flipping on me again lol. WC flipping with West was a surprise for sure; I heard WC wanted that 10-8 date.. oh well :rolleyes: . 10-8 through 10-29 will be a fun month of games for us.. it'll be fun to play West and North Wilkes again. First time in 17 years we play West Wilkes during a for real game. It'll be one cold mamma jamma on the 29th Hays is always cold near the end of the year.

E2PRvKPXIAo1dZV

It ended up flipping on me again lol. WC flipping with West was a surprise for sure; I heard WC wanted that 10-8 date.. oh well :rolleyes: . 10-8 through 10-29 will be a fun month of games for us.. it'll be fun to play West and North Wilkes again. First time in 17 years we play West Wilkes during a for real game. It'll be one cold mamma jamma on the 29th Hays is always cold near the end of the year.
That's in N.Wilkesboro or north of NW where you turn and start toward West Jefferson if I remember correctly. I've only been maybe twice when Mount Airy played them in the 1990s, to shot pictures of the game for the newspaper.

That's in N.Wilkesboro or north of NW where you turn and start toward West Jefferson if I remember correctly. I've only been maybe twice when Mount Airy played them in the 1990s, to shot pictures of the game for the newspaper.

West Wilkes is off Boone Trail which turns off 16 going toward West Jefferson. North is up Traphill road off highway 21. Turn off before going up mountain to Sparta.

West Wilkes is off Boone Trail which turns off 16 going toward West Jefferson. North is up Traphill road off highway 21. Turn off before going up mountain to Sparta.
That sounds right but I am thinking we went 77 to 421 then turned right just out of North Wilkesboro on a road that took us a few miles to a road we turned on to go to NW. Foggy memory. It's been close to 25 years. I went to West Jefferson a few times in the early 2000s and can remember passing a sign for the turn to NW. Too many moons ago.

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
West Wilkes:

Vs Starmount 8/11 Scrimmage
@ East Burke 8/13

8-20: @ East Wilkes
8-27: Elkin
9-3: @ Ashe County
9-10: Central Davidson
9-17: Surry Central*
9-24: @ Forbush*
10-1: North Wilkes*
10-8: @ North Surry*
10-15: Wilkes Central*
10-22: @ East Surry*
10-29: Open Date

Not going to lie that's a crazy tough schedule for the Blackhawks. Not an easy win for them on the schedule on paper based off the last couple of years. East will be hyped for that opener like crazy and it will be as close as in the spring. Elkin and Ashe will be younger but I'd consider them the favorites. Elkin will be more athletic and Ashe will run their system well enough to give West headaches. No idea what they were thinking scheduling Central Davidson.. they run that notre damn wing awfully good and pound people all over the field. They were fun as hell to watch on NFHS this past spring. West will be close to CD's size on the line but honestly that won't be enough to beat them because CD's skill players are so darn fast. Once their main RB gets loose he is gone.. West has no blazing speed kids.

Plus that last week bye.. ouch.

Last edited:
Reactions: KW23 and WWFB
Surry Central:

No Scrimmage info.. yet

8-20: @ Alleghany
8-27: East Wilkes
9-3: Mount Airy
9-10: Open Date
9-17: @ West Wilkes*
9-24: Wilkes Central*
10-1: @ Elkin
10-8: Forbush*
10-15: North Wilkes*
10-22: @ North Surry*
10-29: @ East Surry*

MUCH better schedule for Central.. they have had some really tough ones the past 4 years. That opener vs Alleghany will be a nice change of pace for them vs what they've had the past few years. I expect that one to be close and hard hitting like their old matchups were. The EW will be another close one too. This reminds me a lot of their mid 00's schedule and the NW 2A/1A schedule mixed up.

Still don't get why that Elkin game is so late in the year.. that's honestly a bad move on their part. I woulda played that the 10th.. oh well. They will have quite a hard hitting month and a half after that bye; having the bye later would have been more helpful.

Reactions: KW23 and WWFB
West Wilkes:

No Scrimmage Info.. yet

8-20: @ East Wilkes
8-27: Elkin
9-3: @ Ashe County
9-10: Central Davidson
9-17: Surry Central*
9-24: @ Forbush*
10-1: North Wilkes*
10-8: @ North Surry*
10-15: Wilkes Central*
10-22: @ East Surry*
10-29: Open Date

Not going to lie that's a crazy tough schedule for the Blackhawks. Not an easy win for them on the schedule on paper based off the last couple of years. East will be hyped for that opener like crazy and it will be as close as in the spring. Elkin and Ashe will be younger but I'd consider them the favorites. Elkin will be more athletic and Ashe will run their system well enough to give West headaches. No idea what they were thinking scheduling Central Davidson.. they run that notre damn wing awfully good and pound people all over the field. They were fun as hell to watch on NFHS this past spring. West will be close to CD's size on the line but honestly that won't be enough to beat them because CD's skill players are so darn fast. Once their main RB gets loose he is gone.. West has no blazing speed kids.

Plus that last week bye.. ouch.
Scrimmage Starmount at Home Wed, 8/11 and @ East Burke Fri., 8/13.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
I'm surprised west wilkes or should I say disappointed west wilkes doesn't play alleghany this season....that was our only win in the spring

Scrimmage Starmount at Home Wed, 8/11 and @ East Burke Fri., 8/13.

Duly noted and fixed. Much respect for such challenging matchups.. the more I look at it the more I respect it. You all will be battle tested if anything.

Reactions: WWFB
I'm surprised west wilkes or should I say disappointed west wilkes doesn't play alleghany this season....that was our only win in the spring

That Central game will be a fun one for you all.. if had been week 4 I would go to Sparta to watch it. Week 4's looking like quite a dead week around here sadly so many byes.

E2PRvKPXIAo1dZV

I hear that North Surry has a really good athlete Jahreece Lynch. He will be a junior. I haven't see him play, but could he be the best athlete that North Surry has had in a long time? I just heard that he was athlete. What can this kid do on the field?

I hear that North Surry has a really good athlete Jahreece Lynch. He will be a junior. I haven't see him play, but could he be the best athlete that North Surry has had in a long time? I just heard that he was athlete. What can this kid do on the field?
Easily a power 5 level athlete. He’s also a heck of a basketball player. His athleticism alone will cause problems for their opponents. Wouldn’t be surprised to be the greyhounds in second behind East Surry. Only Forbush or Wilkes Central should cause them problems. I think N Wilkes and W Wilkes will be very much improved as their new coaches settle in and implement their systems and establish an identity.

We do.. he's at WR and Strong Safety. No one much threw to his side of the field at all last year and he was only a 10th grader. Only team dumb enough to do so was Atkins, out of the old school T no less.. he ran it back for a TD on a jog lol. He tried QB but that wasn't really for him so he moved to WR. Only player I've seen close to him is Joston Phipps. He's taller than he was and a few pounds bigger; speed wise they are neck and neck. That game winning TD he had against Surry Central reminded me of one of Joston's old runs. Both are freak athletes. If he stays focused and works hard he will have a senior year a lot like how he did. He will play on defense too which is what Joston never did unless we had to.

I also really like our running back Simmons. He had almost 800 yards in the spring running as a freshmen. If he can keep the momentum up this fall and can hit the weight room solidly after this season he will have a heck of a year in 2022.

JV wise i'm really excited this freshman group; it has the most numbers we've had in a few years and the QB and a few of the skill guys are really good. If the lineplay comes around it will be really fun on Thursday too. I really missed that this spring.

Last edited:
Easily a power 5 level athlete. He’s also a heck of a basketball player. His athleticism alone will cause problems for their opponents. Wouldn’t be surprised to be the greyhounds in second behind East Surry. Only Forbush or Wilkes Central should cause them problems. I think N Wilkes and W Wilkes will be very much improved as their new coaches settle in and implement their systems and establish an identity.

Hmm that's high praise man! We will see what happens before too long.. I think 2022's gonna be quite a year overall for us as we have a huge junior class, but I think if the cards fold right we can have a good year this fall though. I just don't wanna jinx it. Playing new teams is gonna be awesome and the kids are really excited for it.

Gonna be more parity in this conference than what everyone thinks.

Last edited:
E2PRvKPXIAo1dZV

They should move the MT Airy game to September 10th. Way too early to play each other on August 20th.

They should move the MT Airy game to September 10th. Way too early to play each other on August 20th.

We played MA first in the early 70's a couple of times so it's not new. Honestly I like it because the kids will have something to work for in the summer the next few years, plus it'll be like an old school endowment game in terms of win or loss it won't make much of a difference to the grand scheme. But it'll give the kids a reason to be fired up about none the less on Thursday and Friday.

The bye week is perfectly timed for us there is no need to move.

Has North Surry just added another major, major player??

Not sure about that.. I haven't had a chance to drop by due to my job. I'll be around for the season and the 7 on 7 at the end of July though.

I do know we've added some more coaches in both Fball and basketball and they are all very good. We also did get our running back from 2019 back. He caught Covid last year and he failed a class and couldn't play. He promised he'd get his grades up and he did. He will be a nice addition to the backfield and secondary for us as he's a gamer..

You don’t get any better playing cupcakes all year. Our kids want to play competition
You don't get any better getting your teeth kicked in either. With that being said I think you can hold your own in 3 of them, if things are really going how they say in Millers Creek, I think the Blackhawks are fast approaching a level where they can compete week in week out. Not saying they will win, but it wont be 40 something to 0 at the half anymore

Where is Morrison at this fall?

I think I saw but I’ve forgotten.
Last I had heard was nothing was mentioned at their end of the year awards, so I kind of figure he hasn't found a place yet. I know LR wanted him as a PWO, but not sure he was very interested in that. Think he was very interested in Western, but I have not heard if anything official came out of that or not. He a solid football player, in a normal year he would have found a home I believe, but with this Covid year it left everybody scrambling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT