ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC schedules?

If they live in the North Surry district, then the players in question are playing where they are supposed to. Maybe, Mount Airy having to rely only on kids within their district will open some of the MA faithful eyes about how they have been so “dominant” in the past.

MA has lived year in and year out playing with players that have lived outside their district. I would like to know how many they have this year. I wonder how many Millennium kids from other districts they get. I know they have a stokes kid. I heard yesterday that they have a really good player from Va. BTW how does a player live in VA and play in NC. Anyone out there know the NC state rule for players from another state. Just curious..

I'd like to apologize not for being a bear but for getting so angry last night I apologize to slash for aggravating him I'm just so passionate about Mt Airy it is what it is and yea I had drank a little and had the 2nd Covid vaccine administered yesterday the combo got to me I'm man enough to admit I was wrong over something I couldn't control I get I'll sometimes when things don't go my way I'm human

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Mount Airy fans need to take a freaking chill pill with the doom and gloom. Y'all might have to be the worst fan base on this site.
Maybe you are the one that needs to take the chill pill. This seems to be bothering you more than anyone. Let Mount Airy air it out just like other schools have when a coach leaves. WOW, what a commotion when Diamont left East Surry. All kinds of conspiracy theories that just recently stopped. This is his 3rd season and seems there was a lot of talking back in the fall & spring that Mount Airy had a pretty good team coming up for this fall season unless they all go to North Surry, o_Oo_Oo_O and get beat by East Surry. Also, I can not remember East Wilkes complaining about J.D. leaving. By the way, what school do you come from ? Must not have been a very good school over the years because you only get into downing other schools. Can you name your school for us ? Pretty Please ! ! !
No disrespect meant, JMO, and would like to know your school.

Last edited:
I'm sure East Wilkes was extremely upset when Adkins left. As I have said, there is not a more spoiled and whiney fan base on this website as Mount Airy.

As far as my school goes, I'm not from this area and as I have said, I pull for all area schools.

Now, what schools have I specifically downed?

I'm sure East Wilkes was extremely upset when Adkins left. As I have said, there is not a more spoiled and whiney fan base on this website as Mount Airy.

As far as my school goes, I'm not from this area and as I have said, I pull for all area schools.

Now, what schools have I specifically downed?
Mount Airy says they have always got players from other schools as though it is done legally and I know that if they get a play from another school, it goes through all legal channels. I have never seen you post anything good about Mount Airy over the few years you have been on here. You are constantly downing Mount Airy fans and if you pull for all the schools I can only remember you favoring the teams from the MVAC. No player has ever come to MA without approval from both schools or it would be reported to the NCHSAA. Mount Airy has a strict code of ethics.

Last edited:
Mount Airy saying they have always got players from other schools as though it is done illegal and I know for a fact if they get a play from another school, it goes through all legal channels. I have never seen you post anything good about Mount Airy over the few years you have been on here. You are constantly downing Mount Airy fans and if you pull for all the schools I can only remember you favoring the teams from the MVAC. No player has ever come to MA without approval from both schools or it would be reported to the NCHSAA. Mount Airy has a strict code of
He might be from the East Wilkes and Elkin area.

Back to this ? about North Surry. I am sure Slash killer might have the answer. Has North Surry ever made past the 1st round in the State Play-Offs? In my lifetime I can't come up with an answer. Maybe, in the 60s or early 70s. The best North Surry football was 1986. That was when Kelly Holder was QB. They finished 7-4 and finished 3rd in the Foothills 3A Athletic Conference, but they played in a very tough Conference with excellent programs like Statesville and the Iredell County teams. North Surry travel to play Forest Hills in the 1st Round lost 21-3. And on a positive note North Surry defeated MT Airy 38-6 that year.

Don't get criticism for a fan base confused with criticism for a school. Mount Airy has been very lucky to recieve transfers over the years but so have other schools in the area.

Back to this ? about North Surry. I am sure Slash killer might have the answer. Has North Surry ever made past the 1st round in the State Play-Offs? In my lifetime I can't come up with an answer. Maybe, in the 60s or early 70s. The best North Surry football was 1986. That was when Kelly Holder was QB. They finished 7-4 and finished 3rd in the Foothills 3A Athletic Conference, but they played in a very tough Conference with excellent programs like Statesville and the Iredell County teams. North Surry travel to play Forest Hills in the 1st Round lost 21-3. And on a positive note North Surry defeated MT Airy 38-6 that year.
Ma and ES has had the luxury of playing in the cup cake division. (1A) MA should be embarrassed if they don't win some playoff games. Most of their first round state games and 2nd round are 1-10 teams that might beat the second place team in a pop warner league. Move up to 2a and see year in and year out and see how many playoff games they win. Most of the time 1 maybe 2 1a schools can play play big boy ball (2a) but it won't be MA or ES down the road not year end and year out...... ES 2 years ago was a team that could step up and play big ball. Those days are gone. ES and MA should just live in the past.... That's going to be the best they can do...

Don't get criticism for a fan base confused with criticism for a school. Mount Airy has been very lucky to recieve transfers over the years but so have other schools in the area.
Mount Airy saying they have always got players from other schools as though it is done illegal and I know for a fact if they get a play from another school, it goes through all legal channels. I have never seen you post anything good about Mount Airy over the few years you have been on here. You are constantly downing Mount Airy fans and if you pull for all the schools I can only remember you favoring the teams from the MVAC. No player has ever come to MA without approval from both schools or it would be reported to the NCHSAA. Mount Airy has a strict code of ethics.
MA has bent, flexed, stretched and manipulated the rules on players from other states and districts for years. ES gave them a dose of their own medicine with the Washington kid and they didn't like the taste it left in their mouth. Looks like NS is in line to give MA another round of bad taste.

The untold story but well known for many years is East Surry has been getting players from North and West Stokes . Down HWY 52 the Stokes County line is less than 1-mile from Pilot Mtn city limits and Hwy 268 east the county line is maybe 5 miles. East Surry is closer to these county lines than North Stokes & West Stokes. It has been a secret for many years. Elkin is only maybe 5 miles from East Wilkes and I have always heard in the early 2000s Elkin was getting players from Starmount and East Wilkes. Rumors are like butt holes, everyone has one. Prove any of the schools have done anything illegal that the NCHSAA did not approve of. It happens everywhere and done legally for whiners to whine about ! ! ! To many crybabies on here that don't have a school to clam because their schools are losers so they ride the backs of schools with great programs ! ! ! Grow up ...................................

Series History of Mount Airy vs North Surry started in 1959 and as of 2020 which was the 62nd Meeting, Mount Airy Leads the series: 42 wins - 19 losses - & 1 tie.... 1968 Mount Airy 7 North Surry 7 Tie Only Tie. Sometime after that, they stopped ties and started OTs
And only one OverTime 2013 Mount Airy 30 North Surry 27 W Overtime
North Surry did have 10 straight wins from 1991 till 2000 but from 2001 to 2020 North Surry only won 1 game in 2006 by a score of 27 to 26. As I said in another post, North Surry is long overdue for a win but when will it happen ?

• Haha
Reactions: Illuminati704
Series History of Mount Airy vs North Surry started in 1959 and as of 2020 which was the 62nd Meeting, Mount Airy Leads the series: 42 wins - 19 losses - & 1 tie.... 1968 Mount Airy 7 North Surry 7 Tie Only Tie. Sometime after that, they stopped ties and started OTs
North Surry did have 10 straight wins from 1991 till 2000 but from 2001 to 2020 North Surry only won 1 game in 2006 by a score of 27 to 26. As I said in another post, North Surry is long overdue for a win but when will it happen ?
Hopefully this year when they finally have all of the players that are supposed to and none transfer to MA.

Thank for the info, but that isn't my ? My ? has North Surry ever made it past round 1 of the State Play-Offs in football?

Reactions: Bearfan71

The last time North Surry won a first-round high school playoff game was in 2004. That is as far as MaxPrep let me go back. No playoff wins after that.​

Fri, 11/12
12:00am
West Iredell Mascot
West IredellStatesville
Home • Tournament
W19-8Box Score
Recap
Fri, 11/19
12:00am
Salisbury Mascot
Salisbury
Away • Tournament