ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC/NW/WPAC JV Thread 2018

I've heard that North Surry's field was in really bad shape early in the year anyway.

Not really. A spot here and there but it's alright. Practice field is though due to tons of play but it's just practice lol. Both were a lot rougher back when I played.

I've seen a lot worse fields this year but weather is so wacky I can't really fault the schools. When you have a month that's like a monsoon all summer then a hurricane in September your field's are gonna be in rough shape regardless.

Last edited:
East/West Wilkes got delayed until Monday at 6.

All I need is Elkin/Ashe, and SC/Atkins

Last edited:
West Stokes beat Carver 14-8 in OT. Both scored in the first and it was deadlocked until the end.

Loss eliminates Carver's chance at the JV title for the 4th straight year.

Last edited:
Tonight's Games:

Reidsville 26 at East Surry 20 OT.. again.
North Stokes 8 at Mount Airy 43*
Surry Central 6 at North Surry 14*
Elkin 7 at Wilkes Central 38*
Forbush 34 at Atkins 8*
East Wilkes 0 at Starmount 50*
Alleghany 27 at West Wilkes 6*
North Wilkes at Ashe County*
Carver 16 at Walkertown 0*

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Last edited:
North Stokes played hard. Started the game with 14 kids and was up 8-7 at half. Had and injury early in second half and finished with 13.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
North Stokes played hard. Started the game with 14 kids and was up 8-7 at half. Had and injury early in second half and finished with 13.

Sad to hear. I had a feeling this one would be closer than most years. Found their JV hudl that QB can throw it. Also liked that RB. Hard nosed kid.

Thankfully they got a bye week next week before playing East that will help. They only got 2 games left East and South.

North Surry 14, Surry Central 6

Game was never as close as the score was. Central ran the clock a ton despite not getting much out of it and it was under a 10 minute quarter set up it went by awfully fast. Halftime was at like 7:50 or so and we got done by nine; fastest game I ever recall without a running clock. I was proud of the boys they came out ready to go instead of being flat like I feared due to the layoff. Central did instead which was a surprise I figured they woulda been hyped more considering their rep.

We moved Hawks back down and it helped the offense as we moved the other QB back to the RB spot. O still needs some time to jell but it's getting there. D wise it was another solid outing for the kids; this really shoulda been a shutout they caught us sleeping on a pass for the 6. Shouldn't have happened but it woke them up and they played hard the rest of the way. I really like how this D plays besides the first half vs MA they have played quiet and hard.

Central's very hard headed I'll give them that. They refused to go away which gave us a fight that we needed. Only really had 2 drives of note one they scored on and one at the end they tried to do so. Their starting QB hurt his foot and his back up came in he's actually a better pure runner than he is. They will be an irritant to the rest of the conference teams and maybe a spoiler they got the kids to do that.

I was proud of our effort though we really needed a win like that. Came awfully close vs East in game 2 but they couldn't seal it. I hope it motivates them to play that hard the rest of the season. Next week we go to Winston to play Carver. Have no clue what to expect at all with them.

NS is scheduled to make up the Patrick County game Monday night but that is in question now with numbers----started the year with 17 but have dwindled to 12----NS played hard first half and score board showed--shifting kids around due to injury didn't help along with running out of gas in 4 qtr helped add to that score--MA has several athletes that can score easily--will be a good game between MA and ES for JV also--

Let me know of cancellations on here. Here's what I know so far:

North Surry at Carver has been delayed to November 5th at 6 PM. The missed Walkertown game will also be made up on October 29th at 7 PM.

Mount Airy wins by forfeit over South
Forbush at Surry Central. No idea on makeup date
Atkins at West Stokes Monday at 6 PM.
Ashe at Wilkes Central Monday at 7 PM
Elkin at North Wilkes. No idea on makeup date
Starmount at West Wilkes Monday
Alleghany at East Wilkes Monday

Last edited:
It's high time that Mt Airy start shedding some of the local teams and playing abroad east if I'm not mistaken played Reildsville last week and lost by 6 or 7 they are getting better our team is setting at home at the jv level just saying this is our future I know the weather sucks but I bet they cancelled because they could and glad of it no make up date and I know its conference

It's high time that Mt Airy start shedding some of the local teams and playing abroad east if I'm not mistaken played Reildsville last week and lost by 6 or 7 they are getting better our team is setting at home at the jv level just saying this is our future I know the weather sucks but I bet they cancelled because they could and glad of it no make up date and I know its conference
I think Bareman covered why there was no game and Mt. Airy won by forfeit. East lost in OT last week.

You guys got Carver next week according to Max Preps. That one may be a good test for you guys. East I admit had a lot of courage to play them and they played them hard.

I heard South's had a lot of banged up kids and they moved a lot up. Their HC in the preview had tons of raves on their freshman so I bet they are up.

East Surry, Mount Airy, and North Stokes are the only 3 JV teams left in the NW1A. Hopefully North will be able to finish the season. East Surry & Mount Airy JVs might should just play each other 2x.

South Stokes is down to 11 players on JV. Ran out of 8 qtr kids. Moved the RB up to varsity to help on Defense. Then the two other JV RB's quit after big losses to Elkin and BY. Said parents didn't want them to get hurt.

Tonight's Games:

Atkins 0 at West Stokes 24

7 PM Starts:

Alleghany 35 at East Wilkes 20
Ashe at Wilkes Central (NO GAME)
Elkin at North Wilkes
Starmount 34 at West Wilkes 0

November 5th:

North Surry at Carver 6 PM

No idea on Makeup date:

Forbush at Surry Central

Last edited:
Scores:

Alleghany 35, East Wilkes 20

Despite the score East played Alleghany well most of the night according to the live feed. Guess lack of depth killed their chances. Alleghany wins their 7th.

For some reason Ashe and Wilkes Central cancelled with no makeup according to WC's twitter. Aren't conference games supposed to be played unless there's a forfeit or lack of players?

West won by a 24-0 score over Atkins

Last edited:
Starmount 34, West Wilkes 0

The Ram JV team is only 2 points from being undefeated (lost to Forbush). They got a tough stretch with NW, WC, and Ashe remaining.

Starmount 34, West Wilkes 0

The Ram JV team is only 2 points from being undefeated (lost to Forbush). They got a tough stretch with NW, WC, and Ashe remaining.

You guys will beat North Wilkes pretty easy they are pretty bad; not many kids or playmakers. Ashe has a good QB and play hard. The WC game's gonna be a good one.

Ashe and WC game was supposedly cancelled due to rain, but WW and Starmount played last night less than 10 miles away, think the issue had more to do with depth than anything, WC lost some JV kids on Friday night with injuries, from my understanding this game will not be rescheduled at this point

Tonight’s JV Games:

Mount Airy at Carver
East Surry at North Stokes*
North Surry at Forbush*
Surry Central at West Stokes*
West Wilkes at Elkin* (to be played at East Wilkes due to Elkin’s field issues)
North Wilkes at Starmount*
East Wilkes at Ashe County*
Wilkes Central at Alleghany*
Walkertown at Atkins*

A very packed slate on for tonight with some big implications in each conference.

In MVAC play the top Rams of Starmount host North WIlkes tonight in what should be another solid game for them. Wilkes Central is supposed to play Alleghany for 2nd place tonight but hard to tell if WC will play or not after Monday. Wouldn’t be surprised with an upset here due to WC’s injuries. Winner of this one will have the inside track to 2nd place for now. Elkin meanwhile has another chance at a W as they host West Wilkes in Ronda due to field issues. No idea on how the game went on Monday between them and NW I expect Elkin is riding a win streak. Ashe meanwhile hosts East up on the mountain as East looks to has some momentum as they played Alleghany tough on Monday before slipping. Could be a close one.

In the NW it’s a mixed slate of games. Mount Airy has pulled a trick out of East’s book and is playing out of the norm as they head to Winston to play Carver tonight. MA hasn’t been tested in a while and it could be a much needed test for them before they head to Pilot. East meanwhile heads to Danbury to play North Stokes. The Danbury Vikings are no pushovers this year as despite having low numbers they have some talent. They won the first half vs MA in terms of score so the Cards can’t overlook the Danbury boys who have a history of playing East hard under Sessoms.

In WPAC play the headliner is quite a doozy as North Surry heads to East Bend to play Forbush. Forbush has had their best season in quite a while however they haven’t been tested that much since early in the year while North’s had some challenges already but has fought hard all year. Both are coming off weather breaks and should be quite rested. I expect a good one here. Winner will have an inside track at the conference title. Another big one is in King as West Stokes hosts a very stubborn Surry Central squad. Central beat West for the first time in ages last year for their only JV win of the season so West would like a revenge win here; however Central is way more stubborn than in recent years and could spoil West’s chances as they took MA to the wire. Meanwhile in Forsyth co Atkins hosts Walkertown as the Camels hope for some momentum after scoring only their 3rd TD of year vs Forbush and a shutout loss Monday. Atkins has got to find their offense to beat Walkertown. Walkertown however is reeling after a 16-0 loss to Carver a few weeks back and need to shake it. Could either be a surprisingly close affair or a rout for Walkertown both of these squads are hard to figure.

I hope everyone has a good evening and brings a coat with them it's gonna get chilly!

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT