ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC/NW/WPAC JV Thread 2017 Edition

Slasher Killer

Sep 23, 2010
Ahh yes here it is; the season is underway! JV ball starts tonight here in the area; albeit a more condensed slate due to mass endowment games. We won’t have the hugest slate of games ever tonight but some good matchups aplenty none the less. The two best JV programs of the last 4 years will be playing each other tonight. Also going tonight’s the Stokes county rivals; so the season literally starts with a bang. Also on the slate’s a potentially interesting game between West Wilkes and Forbush.

Tonight's going to be an odd night it's gonna be the first season since 2010 or so that I haven't attended a JV game the opening week. Tomorrow night's gonna be my first game. Not going to lie it's a pretty odd feeling lol.

I listed every game I could think of; if I don’t know it’s status I left a ? mark. By the way if anyone knows if a certain program isn’t fielding a JV squad please let me know it will help with my standings. I know for sure Prep isn’t fielding one, but is Carver? Sportsnut do you know?

Hope everyone has a good evening. :)

Tonight’s Slate:

East Surry at East Wilkes
West Stokes at South Stokes
West Wilkes at Forbush
North Iredell at Wilkes Central
Avery County at Ashe County
North Wilkes at Bishop McGuiness
Lexington at Walkertown?

Alleghany, Elkin, North Surry, Surry Central, North Stokes, Mount Airy, Starmount, Atkins, Carver? are all off tonight.

Ahh yes here it is; the season is underway! JV ball starts tonight here in the area; albeit a more condensed slate due to mass endowment games. We won’t have the hugest slate of games ever tonight but some good matchups aplenty none the less. The two best JV programs of the last 4 years will be playing each other tonight. Also going tonight’s the Stokes county rivals; so the season literally starts with a bang. Also on the slate’s a potentially interesting game between West Wilkes and Forbush.

Tonight's going to be an odd night it's gonna be the first season since 2010 or so that I haven't attended a JV game the opening week. Tomorrow night's gonna be my first game. Not going to lie it's a pretty odd feeling lol.

I listed every game I could think of; if I don’t know it’s status I left a ? mark. By the way if anyone knows if a certain program isn’t fielding a JV squad please let me know it will help with my standings. I know for sure Prep isn’t fielding one, but is Carver? Sportsnut do you know?

Tonight’s Slate:

East Surry at East Wilkes
West Stokes at South Stokes
West Wilkes at Forbush
North Iredell at Wilkes Central
Avery County at Ashe County
North Wilkes at Bishop McGuiness
Lexington at Walkertown?

Alleghany, Elkin, North Surry, Surry Central, North Stokes, Mount Airy, Starmount, Atkins, Carver? are all off tonight.

At the Mt. Tabor jamboree last Friday Carver had less than 20 on JV team. Probably about 25 up on Varsity.

Also, Bishop will not be fielding a JV team this year.

Walkertown JV not playing tonight, this is probably an endowment game.

Last edited:
Thanks SN I can always count on you :).

I was in a hurry while posting figured Walkertown was off but better safe than sorry. Hate to hear that about Bishop though :(.

Carver's situation's looking a little better than what I've been hearing.

West Stokes 14, South Stokes 8

Looks like another doozy in Walnut Cove; followed the max preps game log. West's offense had 2 TD's in the first half but the 2nd half South took off on defense and made it a ball game. South got a safety in the 3rd quarter and scored in the 4th but missed the 2 pointer. Looks like South's defense hasn't lost a beat much from last year; they actually held West to less points this time.

MA vs. West next weeks gonna be intresting the way it looks; same with South and North Wilkes. NW's not spectacular but they will be a hard hitting squad; expect some thudding on both sides.

Good Win For the E.Wilkes jv Cards tonight against E.Surry. 8-0 in a lightning delayed game. Defense was good against the run. Offense wasn't crisp, but chewed up a lot of clock and was very ball control oriented.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slasher Killer
Good Win For the E.Wilkes jv Cards tonight against E.Surry. 8-0 in a lightning delayed game. Defense was good against the run. Offense wasn't crisp, but chewed up a lot of clock and was very ball control oriented.

Huge win for the Ronda Cards. That will give them important bragging rights in terms of JV ball. These two have had the most sucess the last 4 years. Shame the weather wasn't 100% though but a W's a W regardless of the conditions.

Is EW freshman heavy on JV this year?

Forbush 21, West Wilkes 0

This brings to an end Forbush's losing streak dating back to October 2015. Forbush scored twice in the 2nd to put it away.

Not sure on the freshman numbers for Ew. Jv numbers as a whole are down tremendously compared to the last couple of seasons. They have 22 or so players this year compared to the 40+ they had a couple of years ago.

Not sure on the freshman numbers for Ew. Jv numbers as a whole are down tremendously compared to the last couple of seasons. They have 22 or so players this year compared to the 40+ they had a couple of years ago.

I figured so; we 7 on 7'ed them in June and when our JV came out they just had at a little over 7 to do D. It could be worse though in 2013 they had to fold due to #'s issues. I think they will be fine as long as they stay healthy.

Week 2 JV Slate:

Mount Airy 35 at West Stokes 13
East Surry 20 at Starmount 7
Elkin 18 at North Surry 13
Surry Central 7 at East Wilkes 48
South Stokes at North Wilkes ?
North Stokes at North Moore?
Forbush 25 at North Iredell 12
Wilkes Central 14 at Alexander Central 44
Alleghany 14 at Carroll County 0
Ashe County 20 at Watauga 34
West Forsyth 30 at Carver 8
Atkins 0 at RJR 34
Walkertown 0 at Glenn 42

West Wilkes is off. WS Prep, Bishop doesn’t field JV’s.

Finally the first full slate of games this week. Some intresting matchups are afoot this evening.

Mount Airy travels to West Stokes for what could be a very solid matchup. Last season MA had a comeback for the ages vs. the Wildcats as it was a tale of two halves. It proved to be MA’s one shining moment until the overtime win over East in the finale. East Surry’s trying to overcome what is unusual for them on JV; a 2 game losing streak. After 4 years the Cards from Pilot grew accustomed to winning after that 4 year win streak. They face tonight an unknown Starmount squad in what could be a good matchup. The Cards from Ronda on the other hand are in the opposite direction. They got their statement win over ES last week and are trying to avoid the trap game vs. a unknown Surry Central squad in Ronda.

North Surry opens their JV season at home vs what’s talked up to be a solid Elkin JV squad. Good test for the young but full of potential Hounds. Another under the radar matchup will be a solid South Stokes teams vs. a improved North Wilkes squad. South barely lost last week while NW had the week off. Forbush meanwhile is trying to handle winning well as they won their first game since late in 2015 last week; they have North Iredell in Olin. In Forsyth County we will get to see some unknown quantities. Atkins goes to play a very solid RJR JV squad while Walkertown opens with Glenn. We also might get to see Carver’s squad as well.

Regardless there are JV matchups aplenty tonight. Hope everyone has a fun evening!

Last edited:
Elkin 18, North Surry 13

Congrats to Elkin they got a talented group there. They will be in the hunt for the MVAC with that group they have.

That being said I was proud of our effort; wasn't sure what to expect considering the JV's scrimmages were all over the place but it went okay. Defense looks fine, offense is where the youth is and where we struggled. Defense got tired late and it changed the game. The boys just gotta grow mentally on both sides and get used to it all. A ton of freshman will bring challenges but I admire their effort.I think we will be fine by the end of the year but it will take time. I'm just spoiled after last year's squad.

Next week we got the Cards then a bye.

Last edited:
Forbush 25, North Iredell 12.

Two game win streak for Forbush after going 0-fer last year.

Glenn beat Walkertown but no score was reported.
RJR shut out Atkins 34-0.

Tonight's JV Slate (that I know of: )

North Surry at East Surry
South Stokes at Trinity
Reagan at Atkins
Parkland at Walkertown

Tuesday:

Wilkes Central at Surry Central

Only the 2nd ever Wendsday night JV game I've been too; still just as wacky as the first. Not crazy for it but oh well what can ya do?

Let me know if I'm missing any; I've just posted ones I found on Twitter.

Week 4 JV Slate:

Mount Airy at Eden Morehead
East Surry at Surry Central
Forbush at Starmount
North Wilkes at North Stokes
Alleghany at South Stokes
Watauga at Wilkes Central
East Wilkes at Walkertown
West Caldwell at Ashe County
East Forsyth at Carver
Parkland at Atkins

Elkin, North Surry, West Stokes, West Wilkes are off

An interesting week in JV action across the area.

In the MVAC only Elkin’s off. Starmount is at home playing rival Forbush fresh off a huge win over West Stokes. Alleghany and Ashe are at home while WC gets a test from Watauga. East Wilkes’s JV win streak’s on the line vs. Walkertown who’s known for upsets (beat MA at the end of last season.)

In the Northwest all 4 teams are playing. MA’s made the long haul to Eden while East just went down the road to Dobson. North Stokes is at home vs. North Wilkes.

In the wild and wacky WPAC; North Surry and West Stokes are off. Carver has another test in East Forsyth while Atkins is at home vs. Parkland as South Davidson isn’t doing JV yet.

All I see is East Forsyth --49-- Carver--0 This was a late 4th Qtr .. No final score

Last edited:
East Wilkes 36 Walkertown 6 Final

Good Win for East; shows they can handle speed. I see it being between them, Elkin, and probably Wilkes Central for that conference. Starmount will do solid though too. Ashe I know nothing about besides the Watauga game.

Forbush 19 Starmount 13 Final

Forbush is for real this year. 3-0 start. Be intresting to see them vs. Carver and us and West near the end of the year.

Not totally sure of final score, got it from someone else that thought it was final score.

Parkland 50 Atkins 35

Good Win for East; shows they can handle speed. I see it being between them, Elkin, and probably Wilkes Central for that conference. Starmount will do solid though too. Ashe I know nothing about besides the Watauga game.

Forbush is for real this year. 3-0 start. Be intresting to see them vs. Carver and us and West near the end of the year.

I just can't see Carver being in the running at the end. I could be wrong, I have been many times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT