ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC/NW/WPAC JV Thread 2017 Edition

Still no report of anything from Forbush and North Wilkes; usually Forbush reports it.

I guess NW won but can't say for sure.

Week 6 JV Slate:

Surry Central 6 at Mount Airy 37
Ragsdale 13 at East Surry 20
Atkins 22 at North Surry 47*
Starmount 6 at Elkin 14*
Walkertown 8 at West Stokes 26*
Bartlett Yancy 14 at South Stokes 8
Forbush 29 at Carver 20*
North Wilkes 56 at East Wilkes 28*
Wilkes Central 50 at West Wilkes 0*
Ashe County at Alleghany*

North Stokes is off

Solid lineup of JV games this week as the MVAC and WPAC start conference play this week.

First off the bat’s potentially a thriller in Ronda as the new kids on the block North Wilkes who are 3-0 face East Wilkes in a battle of the undefeated streaks. East hasn’t lost since the 2014 JV finale while NW’s won 3 in a row and throttled Forbush last week. One streak will end tonight at 10 o’clock or so. Also on the MVAC dockett; the solid Elkin JV squad hosts an improved Starmount squad in Elkin while West Wilkes hosts Wilkes Central and Alleghany hosts Ashe.

In Northwest play it’s still non conference time. Mount Airy is at home trying to shake off a thriller of a loss to North Surry last Thursday. East Surry’s at home in Pilot with a HUGE task in taking on 4A Ragsdale as they were added to the schedule to fill it up. South Stokes meanwhile hosts a 3-1 Bartlett Yancy squad who’s beaten Wheatmore and Rockingham County in thrillers.

The WPAC starts conference play as well tonight. A fresh of a W Carver squad hosts Forbush in a game that could determine a lot of how the conference could go the rest of the year. If Carver wins by more than 7 they could be a favorite to win out; however if they win by less or loose to the Falcons all bets are off. In Toast North Surry hosts Atkins in what could be an offensive show. In King West Stokes hosts a very young Walkertown squad. Surry Central’s the only team out of conference still due to their bye.

Hope everyone has a good and fun evening tonight!

Last edited:
EW jv qb hurt. Ew jv defense getting abused. NW moving the ball at will. EW with Deer in HeadLights.
Halftime score NW 32 EW 8...getting killed and committing stupid personal fouls..like sore losers..kinda embarrassing for the Cardinal faithful...the gameplay and undisciplinary conduct. Its a wrap tonight!!! 2years+ win streak will end in an ugly fashion. Good game Vikes.

Elkin 14-6.

The young men on this EW JV team have over the years in youth ball been average at best....

All I am getting is tennis ,soccer & Vollyball scores and one JV football score.
I think it is not wort my time looking for JV scores ,only to get one.

North Surry 47, Atkins 22

The score is way closer than the game really was. We had 41 point lead at one point before we put the really young kids in with not much experience and they scored twice late. Oddly we almost started late; Atkins didn’t show up until 10/15 minutes before the game started for some odd reason. I don’t think it would have mattered if they came early or not though.

Overall the night was the best overall performance we’ve had all year and WAY better than how we played Atkins last year. We didn’t come out in a funk tonight unlike that game. Atkins is much younger though; all the big boys on the line are gone. Got some speedy kids though but lineplay and defense will kill them. We had close to 500 yards of offense while they had maybe a little over 150 yards.

We got the ball first and scored off the bat very easy. They fumbled and we got it back but we didn’t do anything and they got it. Pretty much how it went. We scored on a drive and they got stopped. We Xeroxed the formula all night lol. Only success they had moving the ball on our starters was a botched snap on a punt that got them 15 yards on a run and they ran the 2nd half opening kickoff back. They didn’t do much to our starting D besides that. We coulda left the starters in for a while longer but it wouldn’t have mattered much I don’t think. I like how our 3rd string RB looked; he’ll be a player in the future; we also put our backup QB in and he ran option well which was fun to watch. I hope we keep the level of play we had yesterday at practice and tonight up; the JV’s are fun to watch when they are into it.

Looking forward to checking Walkertown’s stadium out next week; I’ve never been there.

North Wilkes defeated East Wilkes 56-28. East's grand winning streak's over on JV dating back to 2014; got over 20 games..

Last edited:
NW jv is pretty good. Offensively they spread you out and they exploit the defense.

They are; our JV scrimmaged them at our worst early in the year and they played us really good. They didn't have many studs that impressed me talent wise but they play very fundamentally sound and hard. They will be solid here in a few years when they hit varsity. Chipman's turned it around in Hays; never thought I'd see North Wilkes become a consitant program year in and out.

I heard their middle school team looks pretty good as well.

EW jv became super one dimensional once the qb went out. Hope he recovers rather quickly. Their defense looked severely overwhelmed. Credit NW for controlling the tempo and the game totally. If EW varsity didnt prepare during their open week, any better than their jvs did, then it might get ugly.

This evening the Elkin and Ashe JV face off.

Ashe will probably be the last hurdle for a possible undefeated season for the Bucking Elks.

Ashe ended the 40 some game winning streak for this group from Elkin a couple seasons ago in what has become a very good rivalry between the the two teams in this age group.

Elkin is down three starters now, two of them two way players.

It'll be interesting to see this outcome.

Tonight’s JV Game Slate:

Elkin 28 at Ashe County 20*
Surry Central 14 at Atkins 28*
North Surry 40 at Walkertown 22*
Carver 26 at West Stokes 0*
Alleghany 14 at Starmount 31*
North Wilkes 6 at Wilkes Central 26*
East Wilkes 22 at West Wilkes 0*

East Surry, Mount Airy, North Stokes, South Stokes are off

Tonight’s JV slate is filled with some potentially very good matchups.

In MVAC play of the bat two of the Titans will play tonight in what could help to determine the fate of the conference. Elkin heads to Jefferson to play Ashe County. Elkin’s undefeated while Ashe lost to a very good Watauga squad so expect a thriller here. These two could be the rivalry fo the conference for the next few seasons. Elsewhere in MVAC play East Wilkes is trying to shake humiliation after North Wilkes throttled them to end the winning streak. In their way is West Wilkes who was the last team to defeat them before the streak started. A chance to shake off some demons for the Ronda Cards. North WIlkes is trying to stay undefeated in Moravian Falls while Alleghany heads to Starmount.

Northwest wise the entire conference is off.

In WPAC play there’s a lot of first time matchups on the slate. Surry Central opens conference play down at Atkins for the first time while North Surry heads to Walkertown for a first time matchup. Meanwhile in King a lot of the direction of the conference could be settled as Carver heads to Wildcat country trying to avoid being 0-2 and being out of the conference race. If they upend West then it’ll be the first time West’s lost a conference game since 2013 when Carver beat them.

Lot’s of fun on the slate tonight; hope everyone has a good evening!

Last edited:
I intended to put up conference standings as I finally got a chart for each conference set up; but due to time constraints I'll put em up this weekend or next Thursday.

I'll be late getting on due to the drive but I'll be here sometime tonight.

Open week for Northwest conference teams - Bishop, East Surry, Mount Airy & South Stokes & the other 2 WSPrep & North Stokes don't have JV team I dont think .
North Stokes & WSPrep are the only Northwest varsity games tomorrow night. Bishop, East Surry, Mount Airy & South Stokes have open weeks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT