ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC news

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Starmount lost DC Jeremy Funderburk to become head coach at Forbush.

Monty Chipman has left North Wilkes to beCome head coach at Carroll County VA.

Reactions: KW23
West wilkes is supposedly hiring someone from Cabarrus county as their new head coach

Good for both Monty and Jeremy.

Monty did an outstanding time during his time in Wilkes County. He put out competitive teams at 2 of the toughest places to win in the state including bringing North out of the grave as probably the worst program in the state.

Reactions: Realfreedom
Monty Chipman has left North Wilkes to beCome head coach at Carroll County VA.

Ehh not a surprise there.. they were hideously bad on JV in 2018, and I could tell he could care less about that group when we last scrimmaged them. He was more worried about his kid at QB.. with him gone he could use it as an exit strategy. But wow what bad timing, then again he came in really late in 2012 too.

Whoever gets it will have a serious rebuilding job on their hands.. they lost 20+ seniors and that's never easy to come back from. They got some kids coming up the next little bit but it's gonna be at least 2 years before they get back to 5-6 wins if they do. Maybe a good job for Chris Johnson? Forbush was in a worse state when he took it over..

Yes he was. Lots of N.C. coaches are retiring and going out of state to coach.

Must be a heck of a paycheck then.. not like Carroll's much of a powerhouse lol. Don't blame him there if so.

Must be a heck of a paycheck then.. not like Carroll's much of a powerhouse lol. Don't blame him there if so.
He gets to double dip that retirement lol can’t be doing to bad, on another note West Wilkes Hired a guy from I believe northwest cabarrus, wonder how that fit will be?

Hmm never heard of the guy but he had several 10+ win years down at Rose.. not a bad hire. That being said he won't ever have that kind of success at NW barring another senior class as good as 2013's was or a bunch of transfers.. Hays just doesn't have that kind of talent Rose has. I don't know what he sees there but much respect for taking such a risk. About the biggest name NW will ever get.

The returning kids he will have both aren't experienced and weren't that great when I seen them . He will have his work cut out for him.. very small senior class and not many kids on JV the past 2 years.. North Stokes beat them in 2018 in a low mark for Chipman. If they win 5-6 games the next couple of years I'd be surprised. Freshman class in 2019 was better than the past 2 so he may have something in 2022 or so barring a freak turnaround earlier.

Well looks like he was actually ousted at Rose in November so guess he wanted a head job and hadn't had any luck.

Could be a bad sign. Who knows. Hope he does well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT