ADVERTISEMENT

mvac football

East will be very young but talented, they could steal a few wins that shakes up the conference. Ashe should be the team to beat though. If Elkin has all of there parts it would be tough to bet against them also.

Reactions: LetsGetIt7
I think East could very well claim the 4th spot. I think it boils down to coaching on their end. The talent will be there. I think they did lose a good lineman to Central though. Much will be the same for West and North. How do the system of the new guys take off. I'd say 4th and 5th comes down to East and the Rams. The Trojans 6th and North and West fighting for the basement.

Thunder East did lose a lineman to WC, but from my understanding it was expected as his father is coaching at WC. Don't count the Eagles out just yet. They will feature the best back in the conference and will be huge up front on the offensive line this year. We all know Ashe and Elkin will be solid, but my sleeper pick to make some noise this year will be Starmount.

That's what I had heard about the transfer.

Starmount could be the sleeper and you're right Central will feature the best back, but will that be enough?

I think that Elkin will take the title outright ashe will fall. I expect wilkes central to be right behind elkin but Elkin will be at the top. Watch out.

1. Elkin
2. Wilkes Central
3. Ashe County
4. North Wilkes
5. Alleghany
6. East Wilkes/Starmount
7. Starmount/East Wilkes
8. West Wilkes

Also, North Wilkes could easily be #3.

Thunder East did lose a lineman to WC, but from my understanding it was expected as his father is coaching at WC. Don't count the Eagles out just yet. They will feature the best back in the conference and will be huge up front on the offensive line this year. We all know Ashe and Elkin will be solid, but my sleeper pick to make some noise this year will be Starmount.

Morrison is a stud but as we saw last year, he alone was not enough to put the Eagles over the top. They struggled on offense and defense last year. What else do they have to challenge Ashe and Elkin?

Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I do not believe West Wilkes will be last honestly I feel the extra 6 months is gonna help them alot. Also Wilkes Central will NOT be ahead of Ashe. Central has not contained Poe at all in 2 years and they wont now. The conference runs through Elkin & Ashe. But I think West will be very competitive this year and you will see kids that wanna taste success. Im not saying MVAC title by no means but im saying not in basement.

I do not believe West Wilkes will be last honestly I feel the extra 6 months is gonna help them alot. Also Wilkes Central will NOT be ahead of Ashe. Central has not contained Poe at all in 2 years and they wont now. The conference runs through Elkin & Ashe. But I think West will be very competitive this year and you will see kids that wanna taste success. Im not saying MVAC title by no means but im saying not in basement.

West will finish near the basement as they usually do. They (should) beat Alleghany but that’s really the only team i feel confident in them beating. I agree about Central being ahead of Ashe.

Reactions: radioguy16
I saw Alleghany JV play last year and they did some good things but will they be as rough as I have heard they may be?
West will finish near the basement as they usually do. They (should) beat Alleghany but that’s really the only team i feel confident in them beating. I agree about Central being ahead of Ashe.

Don't underestimate my Trojans
Thats why I have been confused KW. My thoughts were that Alleghany would be competitive this year because I saw some good things last year and to If memory serves me right isn’t most of your O-Line back?

WC Will have a few guys on the outside that can make some plays in Reyes-Martin and Hayes. If they can get them the Ball. Don't know if Reyes-Martin will be the QB or the McGill kid. The problem they have had the last 2 year is they have been very 1 dimensional. If you stop Morrison you stop the Eagles. Nice thing is they were so beat up the last couple of years they have gotten a lot of kids playing time, so I believe if they stay healthy they will have some decent depth this year.

As for the rest of the Conference, Ashe can have a heck of a year if the RB can stay healthy this year and they don't get so pass happy. Elkin should be Solid once again, Starmount is my sleeper for sure. I think Grinton has something Cooking in Boonville. They are my top 4 and then Everybody else. EW will be young and lost all of their homerun ability. Alleghany should be physical and will surprise somebody as always. NW and WW in my opinion are both in the same boat. Breaking in new coaches, and I doubt they have got to spend a ton of time with their players just yet. I do know WW seems to believe they have one of the best young groups in a while.

1. Elkin
2. Ashe
3. WC
4. Starmount
5. Alleghany
6. EW
7. WW
8. NW

Last edited:
Thats why I have been confused KW. My thoughts were that Alleghany would be competitive this year because I saw some good things last year and to If memory serves me right isn’t most of your O-Line back?

Yes our o-line is back but our skill players graduated. Wish I could tell you more about our squad but I'm not really in the loop so to speak.

I expected Alleghany to score against Ashe but yeah Elkin, Ashe, and WC are my front runners if Starmount doesn't get things turned around

Ashe didn't look like conference champs to me....Wilkes central will be champs in my opinion. We practically gave them the game with bad snaps on every punt which led to the ball not even getting punted at all. We Got to find a deep snapper this week. Also we fumbled the ball on a simple exchange from QB to rb. We ran the ball pretty good against ashe and got in the redzone a few times just couldn't capitalize. I say 1.WC 2. Elkin 3.Ashe 4. Starmount. 5. Alleghany 6.East Wilkes 7 North Wilkes 8. West Wilkes

Last edited:
Alleghany will challenge Central for 3rd, top two will be between Ashe and Elkin, Starmount 5th, East, North, and West follow.

I think it's a 2 horse race between Elkin and Central. Starmount and Ashe will fight for 3rd. East and Alleghany for 5th and North and West for the cellar.

Gonna be tough for Ashe and central to keep up with the speed of Elkin. Elkin is set explosive and solid in the trenches.

Looking at an Elkin team picture, that is probably the most athletic looking squad they've had in some time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT