ADVERTISEMENT

MVAC and NWC Week 4

Thunder_struck8712

Oct 5, 2016
East Wilkes vs Alleghany

Alleghany is coming off a strong performance while East sputtered to get the offense moving against Starmount. Alleghany keeps playing strong defense.

Alleghany 20 East 7

Starmount vs West Wilkes

Starmount is coming over 2 14-7 wins in a row. They'll make it 3 wins in a row.

Starmount 21 West Wilkes 7

Elkin vs North Wilkes

Elkin is coming overa huge rebound win over Central while North still struggles. Elkin big

Elkin 42 North 7

Ashe vs Central

Central comes out banged up after a disappointing loss to Elkin. Ashe is rolling and will continue to do so.

Ashe 42 Central 20

Mount Airy vs South Stokes

South came back to earth last week against a much improved WSP. Mount Airy looked like the Mount Airy of old. Mount Airy rolls again.

Mount Airy 42 South Stokes 7

North Stokes vs Bishop

North is much improved but unfortunately will still find their way in bottom of the NWC. They win this one to avoid the cellar though.

North Stokes 28 Bishop 14

East Surry vs Winston-Salem Prep

The biggest question mark and most intriguing matchup in the area this week. Prep has had a huge momentum swing offensively since taking Murphy to the limit in 2019. They'll come back to earth a bit this week.

East Surry 42 Prep 27

EW vs Alleghany
I like the Trojans in this one, have shown over the past 3 weeks to be a physical football team, and don’t think the Ronda redbirds have figured it out just yet but Alleghany takes this one close.

EW 13
Alleghany 18

Starmount vs WW
West has shown the last 2 weeks they do indeed have a pulse in Millers Creek, but with only 1 win over Starmount in school history, they won’t get #2 this week, Starmount rolls in this one

Starmount 34
WW 7

Elkin Vs NW
North made Ashe work some last Friday, but it won’t matter this week, Elkin rolls big!
Elkin 48
NW 7

Ashe vs WC
Huge game for the Eagles, must win in West Jefferson to force a 3 way tie for the conference title, I don’t see Ashe going down the rest of the way, Eagles are reeling after last week, and hopefully they will get some of their banged up guys back, it will take there best to win, and history doesn’t favor them up the mountain. I want to be a homer and take my guys, but I hope they prove me wrong
Ashe 35
WC 21

MA vs SS
South has done there work for the year getting coach to 300, MA rolls again this week
MA 50
SS 7

NS vs Bishop
The fight to stay out of the cellar, to this point I think NS has shown me more than Bishop, I’ll take the Vikings
NS 28
Bishop 14

ES vs WSP
Intriguing matchup is right, cards had forgotten what’s it’s like to get smacked around 2 weeks ago, and I think that led them to sleepwalk in the 1st half last week, forgot they are still a pretty good football team. We all know prep can be explosive. WSP hangs around for a while and the cards pull away late
ES 45
WSP 31

Last edited:
Prep is much better than they were last year. They have speed all over the place. Still not disciplined enough to beat East or Ma this year IMO. Anything goes negative they will give up and quit.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Alleghany East should be a good one tonight. Elkin north has been moved to Monday. Starmount Vs West is a coin flip
Ashe Vs Central depends on the health of Graham the QB after he was taken out early against Elkin due to a injury. He is super explosive but the offense became all Joeraye without Graham at QB.

Should be a good game. East wilkes whipped us last year
KW I think it will be back and forth! That RB tandem that racked up almost 100 yards each last week is gonna be tough to stop. But the injury bug has been a factor across the MVAC this season

Well they lost to starmount last week same score as we did the week before 14 to 7. We have injuries too and have only had 18 players dressed the last 2 weeks. I hope diemundback55 is right though but we don't "whip" or blow people out very often.

Alleghany in a game maybe closer one than what most thinks.. East's guys are big for their age but not fully there yet; will be better in the fall but Alleghany is more experienced and battle fought. They are designed for games like this.. East's not fully there yet.

Starmount by as much as they want. West will try to make it close but Starmount's lineup is more thorough and better coached.. Starmount needs to produce.

Elkin by a comfortable margin over NW; NW QB will be running for his life vs Elkin's D line. Elkin was big headed and didn't look ready vs Ashe and it showed; last week they looked much better. NW just doesn't have the horses to hang with Elkin right now.

Ashe by at least 14; WC will give them a test but they don't have the depth or horses to handle Ashe.

MA by whatever they want; South's best player is out. QB will break that record in a few minutes in the first quarter.

North Stokes by whatever they want.. Bishop is rebuilding still. I wouldn't declare N Stokes the cellar yet.. if South's injuries don't improve these kids could beat South in a few weeks. South definitely cannot overlook the Vikings.

East.. it could either be surpassingly close the entire time or East can come out focused and put it away by 2 and half quarters. They cannot afford to overlook Prep that's for sure; their athletes are solid and their D line is huge. They badly want a statement to both go into that new conference and to make an impact in the open enrollment game.. they could do so as the giant killer of the Cards. Prep's getting closer to becoming a reputable program.. this would be a major check to that. East can't sleep on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT