ADVERTISEMENT

Must see games for 2021

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
What is the must see game or games you are looking forward to seeing this season.

Tarboro vs Rocky Mount. We got Rocky Mount back on the schedule in 2019 after many years of them not being on the schedule. Tarboro was up 6-0 late in the 2nd quarter when what I can only describe as ''the nothing'' from the never ending story came in. I have never seen a thunderstorm quite like that long story short the game was cancelled and Tarboro was awarded a 6-0 victory. Been waiting for the full game ever since.

Well go to Murphy September 10th you might get to see a team has good as Tarboro.
Watched the South Pitt state title game, if they're that good again this season they will be the best team Murphy has played in a long time. I'd be happy if Murphy just kept it respectable.

Last edited:
Watched the South Pitt state title game, if they're that good again this season they will be the best team Murphy has played in a long time. I'd be happy if Murphy just kept it respectable.
They will be pretty good again.Will have close to 60 players on the team I would guess. What’s crazy is they schedule Oakland for next year to who is ranked top 25 Nationally. SP usually has a hard time with teams that lines up runs right at them.

Wow. How good was the team that beat them in that title game? Is TN 1A that far ahead of N.C. 1A these days?

Wow. How good was the team that beat them in that title game? Is TN 1A that far ahead of N.C. 1A these days?
Fayetteville,TN Had a Fr RB that rushed for over 200 yards. They have this big OL. The 1a teams that are good are usually always good. There is more depth in NC of good teams in 1a. Some really good 2a teams are going 1a next year in TN. Peabody is really really good won it the past 3 years in 2a.McKenzie will be good in 1a

I wouldn't say TN 1A is better, it doesn't appear to be nearly as good top to bottom as NC 1A but the top teams in TN are very legit, more so than I thought if last season's title game was any indicator of what kind of product they typically put out. The team that beat South Pitt was very good, both had a ton of size and athleticism. I didnt watch the whole game but one quarter was enough to tell Jimmy and Joe wise Murphy will be at a big disadvantage, if Murphy were to win or keep it close it would have to be through superior coaching and being more physical than they are.

I wouldn't say TN 1A is better, it doesn't appear to be nearly as good top to bottom as NC 1A but the top teams in TN are very legit, more so than I thought if last season's title game was any indicator of what kind of product they typically put out. The team that beat South Pitt was very good, both had a ton of size and athleticism. I didnt watch the whole game but one quarter was enough to tell Jimmy and Joe wise Murphy will be at a big disadvantage, if Murphy were to win or keep it close it would have to be through superior coaching and being more physical than they are.
The cutoff for 1a in TN is 375 or less for football.

The cutoff for 1a in TN is 375 or less for football.
That's a good point but there are also a lot more schools with that low of an enrollment in TN than there are in NC (that play football).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT