ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy vs Swain Co

If we don't play better next week we might get beat.
What do you mean? What are you smoking? We may get beat next week but It wasn't cause we played bad tonight.We played pretty dang good..a couple of yards away from scoring 55 points.. defense was pretty lights out..Mintz had 6 yds receiving and -21 yds rushing.
Anderson rushed for 200 yds and Orr passed for almost 200 tds.

Reactions: smcdogfan
I’ll have to agree. I didn’t think the Knights played to good either. We never stop basically a dive play up the middle. Our passing game is sub par, could have easily thrown 3 or 4 picks not sure how many we did ? I will say this Clayson Lane can flat out play the game. Great game from 3 and as always no 22 was lights out. Cherokee has really fallen off after their 10 min of fame. Next week will test my Knights in swain co.

SwainDad, I've been one if your supporters on here thus year, but tonight you are ridiculous. Murphy had to have 100 yards if penalties and Swain may have had three flags. Your fullback Taylor stomped a Murphy player on our sideline and they flagged us for being upset. They called a touchdown back because a kid held his arms up with "#1" fingers extended .... Excessive celebration. You have not lost a game this year that wasn't for some reason other than Swain wasn't the better team. What did Said have tonight? 40 yards or so on 20 some carries? Get over yourself. Y'all will have a good team next year, but this year you don't.

Again what I was referring to was at the beginning of the game. It was the no calls and ball spotting at the beginning of the game. Not the penalties. Really set the tone early against Swain. Next thing you know we are down 14-0. Swain had an opportunity to go up 7-0 and potentially got our boys going. We were moving the ball. On 4th and six at the 25 of Murphy. Our back gets a first down by diving and had the ball extended out. Instead a bad ref literally took the ball back a full yard from where the ball was. Which caused us to turnover the ball on downs. Momentum went to Murphy and they never looked back. Got to hand it to Murphy. Very solid defensive team and execution was spot on tonight no turnovers and top to bottom well coached. Ps I could not see what happened on the Murphy sideline. Too far away. We had a ref at Cherokee that threatened to kick our back out of the game for pointing his finger into the sky for praising god. Ridiculous! Let these boys celebrate the right way. I did not see murphy celebrating on the way to the end zone tonight.

I’ll have to agree. I didn’t think the Knights played to good either. We never stop basically a dive play up the middle. Our passing game is sub par, could have easily thrown 3 or 4 picks not sure how many we did ? I will say this Clayson Lane can flat out play the game. Great game from 3 and as always no 22 was lights out. Cherokee has really fallen off after their 10 min of fame. Next week will test my Knights in swain co.
I think we only threw 1 interception..one of the best passing games we've had all year.
We were stopping the dive fine until#50 for us got hurt..then they started getting a few yards

10 minutes of fame!?? Everything was down played all tha way to bringin home tha gold!! We won't ever do anything as good as tha "big 3"!!! Then I guess I'll look like tha caged animal backed into tha corner when I stand up for us!! Anyways I guess!!! I thought unz looked good tonight, after tha 5 kids quit for stickball, our big back bein out, our 2nd string rb comin off of a knee surgery to start and our 2nd string QB goin back to Mississippi yeah we're a little down!!

That's not an excuse either!! If they were there would it have been a different outcome?? Maybe but they wasn't so hopefully when we get back out from behind tha woodshed will view life a little differently!!

5 kids quit for baseball? dang well i enjoyed cherokees run while it lasted

Lack of physicality of Swain was the glaring difference. Good backs can do nothing when they have a defender on them as they get the ball. I said in an earlier post that the lines would make the difference. Murphy had a lot better line and Robbinsville does too. Unless they get a lot more physical the Knights kill them.

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Murphy came REAL close to pitching a shutout...All around I thought Murphy played outstanding football minus the penaltys...That second half was poetry in motion for Murphys offense and defense was spot on....

Reactions: MHS-88 and mbdfan
Murphy came REAL close to pitching a shutout...All around I thought Murphy played outstanding football minus the penaltys...That second half was poetry in motion for Murphys offense and defense was spot on....

Wait!! Are you saying Murphy got called for penalties? Swaindad say it isn’t so!

Reactions: knine1
Dont blame choctaw qb for leaving...it was pretty evident he wasnt going to get to play. I think they started him for andrews game but didnt do much....of course they were rotating mintz to run the wildcat. Cherokee needs a dual threat qb to keep the defense guessing. Mintz was something special. Ashame he couldnt teach his younger brother to throw. Lol

Last edited:
Crowe's Stats before the Robbinsville game.

72-126- 1,448yds, 20Y/C, 181Y/G, 13tds, 3ints.
I dont know why you think Crowe needs replaced. Alot of school would take him.
He had less than 200yds passing vs Rville but
Crowe wasn't the problem last night. We was in his face constantly. That was the problem. Cherokee O line couldn't deal with our defensive lines speed.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDen2
Wait!! Are you saying Murphy got called for penalties? Swaindad say it isn’t so!

Murphy got called for several penalties. I would say two were bad calls. The td and the sideline one. There were some no calls and bad ball spotting from the refs that really impacted the beginning of the game.

Murphy got called for several penalties. I would say two were bad calls. The td and the sideline one. There were some no calls and bad ball spotting from the refs that really impacted the beginning of the game.

I'm sorry but that's still not an excuse for getting beat 49-7 . I might could buy what your saying if it was a 14 point game but the refs had absolutely nothing to do with you getting took to the woodshed .

I like you as a poster but even I got to call you out on this one.

I cant say for sure on the spot because i was looking at an angle. Regardless, that was very early in the 1st qt. Swain had plenty of time to make something happen after that. Murphy won the game in dominating fashion. It wasn't even close.

I believe unless Swain really addresses the line issue the next few years are going to be down. JV line not particularly physical and varsity very soft could add up to problems For all the SMC teams they make up for shortcomings athletically with being physical . Swains main two backs are quick but not particularly physical They run hard but are not big enough to overcome a lineman on them before they can get any momentum. They have to get better upfront. Murphy's front totally dominated. Robbinsville will be physical hopefully this will light a fire under these young men to make it a competitive game. Good luck to both teams

Murphy and robbinsville are the elite programs in smokey mtn conf. Swain few years ago was the elite program, but since then Cherokee put a stop to Swain getting their players.

I cant say for sure on the spot because i was looking at an angle. Regardless, that was very early in the 1st qt. Swain had plenty of time to make something happen after that. Murphy won the game in dominating fashion. It wasn't even close.
I was looking ar it straight on. As for the spot, guess work at best. I know Sain was down well before his final rest point . His kbeww went down and he slid a couple of yards. Regardless, there was no offensive productivity by the Devil's with the exception of the last drive before half. Even that one probably stalls if the Murphy lineman doesn't get a taunting flag after a tackle for loss ln 3rd down. And he deserved the flag, not complaining.

Crowe's Stats before the Robbinsville game.

72-126- 1,448yds, 20Y/C, 181Y/G, 13tds, 3ints.
I dont know why you think Crowe needs replaced. Alot of school would take him.
He had less than 200yds passing vs Rville but
Crowe wasn't the problem last night. We was in his face constantly. That was the problem. Cherokee O line couldn't deal with our defensive lines speed.
Bk I agree. I think Crowe is the better QB. In our game Crowe didn't start and Braves did terrible until they put him in game. I think the issue with fans is Crowe is not big Mintz. Does not have that explosiveness. But I believe Crowe is the better choice over the transfer kid.

Fightin 4 Braves I was PRAISING the fact Murphy has had Native players on the team...unless Ive gone senile I remember reading in the newspaper where EBCI sent official congratulations to the Native American members of the 16 title team. I think it's wonderful for Murphy to have the success they have had with the kinda melting pot makeup of the teams..
I'm new to the forum but a 93 Murphy grad. The teams I played on were definitely a melting pot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT