ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy vs Swain Co

Thoughts? Swain always brings their A game when they play Murphy. Dogs will have to come to play and I expect they will
Murphy by 21 but maybe more. I say that because Swaindad has won me over to the fact he has spoken all year which is whichever Swain team shows up. When I watched Swain at Andrews that was the weakest Swain team I have watched in my lifetime. He said a bunch was sick but I didn’t think that was it just him taking up for his team. They had us 7 to 0 right before half and they got a td pass with 22 seconds left to go up 14 to 0

Honestly I felt like Rosman would beat them but they handled them easily from the looks of the score. Swain just seems to be a up and down team like he said but Murphy has to many horses and Swain will not move the ball against Murphy’s defense.

I agree with your take Wildcat, 'Dogs just have so many different weapons on offense it will be tough for Swain. Glad to see Murphy get Dorsey a little more involved in the offense the last couple of weeks, he's too explosive not to. I think this will be similar to the Franklin game in terms of outcome.

Last edited:
I watched Swain at Andrews and had the same opinion as wildcat10. Andrews was in the game until their TB went down with a concussion. Swain was clearly the better team but i thought Swain looked weak, backs were not impressive. Didnt look like your normal Swain team. That being said I thought Rosman would give them more of a game. Swain seems to play their best towards the end of the season. I still think Murphy wins by 3 or more scores.

I watched Swain at Andrews and had the same opinion as wildcat10. Andrews was in the game until their TB went down with a concussion. Swain was clearly the better team but i thought Swain looked weak, backs were not impressive. Didnt look like your normal Swain team. That being said I thought Rosman would give them more of a game. Swain seems to play their best towards the end of the season. I still think Murphy wins by 3 or more scores.

Hope and glad all Murphy fans, players and coaches feel this way. It’s ok if nobody thinks I am truthful about the food poisoning at the Andrews game. I don’t know that I have ever heard that our “backs are not impressive”.......
I do however feel again it depends on which Swain team shows up. But I will say that I can see this team starting to gel and those spurts of lackadaisical play are getting fewer and fewer. Execution is getting better. Turnovers will be key in this one. Don’t think for a min that Swain will not welcome the challenge to play Murphy Friday night. If you don’t get up for this one then something is wrong. Gentry’s 400th? Maybe....
I’m too invested in this one to give a prediction. Just hope both teams play hard physical mountain football and both stay healthy for playoffs. I will enjoy watching this one!

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
It’s really shaping up to be the game to watch in WNC this Friday! Mutual respect for both teams. Although I remember playing at Murphy the last game of the season and both teams undefeated. Walking down the steps from the gym and Murphy fans cursing us out and spitting at us. Hope the stadium is standing room only on both sides. Old school!

Swain nor murphy can pass.
Murphy wont need to.
Swain will.
Dogs 35
Swain 14

Dog42 is right, it's about the lines. Dogs line is old school- big, physical with a nasty edge(not cheap or dirty just aggressive). I think the dogs at home win big 42-14.

Reactions: mbdfan
That’s what “they said” last season. What was the final score 29-27?

I agree this game will be won/lost in the trenches. Swain will have to challenge our linemen this week to be aggressive and to stay on blocks longer. Old school football on both sides. Edge does go to Murphy being at home. Wish we could play at a neutral site like WCU. Like I said “I can’t wait”. I’m not picking a score in this one. But for Swain to win it has to keep Murphy in the 20’s like last season.

To be fair Sain ran all over Rosman to the tune of 200+ yds. And I have to say all the predictions of a big Murphy win scare me some because as Swaindad said everyone said the same thing last year. Last year's Murphy team had a ton of talent but there was just something missing as far as the mentality of that team in my opinion. This Murphy team is bigger and a lot more physical than last year. They are a lot like the 2016 team, not quite as good on either side of the ball as 2016 in my opinion but not far off either.

Last edited:
I think the difference between last year and this year can be summed up by defense. They make some gambles because of there talent to overcome it that they shouldn't. But Imo this is the most reliable defense we have fielded in a decade.

Not saying this the best Murphy team in a decade. We have won some state championships with defenses that were lacking. But this defense comes to play every week and shows few weaknesses . It's been fun to watch this season.

Its Swain vs Murphy and both teams get up to play. I feel like we win this one but I expect a tough fought game.

Swain does not have enough team speed to play with Murphy. The dogs 35-14

Swain will bring their A game but just won’t have enough to get a win at the hill. Murphy by 14

Per Max Preps
Rush Yards Per Game:
Swain 274.1
Murphy 275.5

Passing Yards Per Game:
Swain 38.0
Murphy 73.3

Total Yards Per Game
Swain 312.1
Murphy 348.8

Points Per Game
Swain 29.5
Murphy 31.5

Per Max Preps
Rush Yards Per Game:
Swain 274.1
Murphy 275.5

Passing Yards Per Game:
Swain 38.0
Murphy 73.3

Total Yards Per Game
Swain 312.1
Murphy 348.8

Points Per Game
Swain 29.5
Murphy 31.5
Not trying to troll but Swain us not very good.

Mr Bud, I think you pulled for the Mics in the past. You had a different screen name thou. I'm shocked after saying what you said about Murphy in the past now you are pulling for them. I guess you had to find another team that was going to win.

It’s really shaping up to be the game to watch in WNC this Friday! Mutual respect for both teams. Although I remember playing at Murphy the last game of the season and both teams undefeated. Walking down the steps from the gym and Murphy fans cursing us out and spitting at us. Hope the stadium is standing room only on both sides. Old school!
Funny you say that I remember playn in 91 at Swain , I got spit on and cussed going in at halftime

Reactions: Swaindad40
Mr Bud, I think you pulled for the Mics in the past. You had a different screen name thou. I'm shocked after saying what you said about Murphy in the past now you are pulling for them. I guess you had to find another team that was going to win.
Listen up I respect Murphy first class program

Reactions: Uncgrad1998
After last year my hope is Murphy comes out and plays ANGRY, ticked off, aggressive football from the opening whistle onward...if you cant get up for this game you might need to play or follow a different sport...

Last years team was good but something was missing and the team did not seem to be right all year.

This years team is different. Team chemistry is much better.

Reactions: mhs95 and mbdfan
Is game at Murphy? Swain always plays hard against murphy ...but i could be wrong but i think Murphy by 17 or more...not sure Swain will be able to move the ball..two storied programs..im sure they will no disappoint Friday night...winner in drivers seat

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT