ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy vs. Pisgah @ WCU .... 8/17

Congratulation to the Dogs.Saw you guys play last year you're better this year .Good luck the rest of the season.Eliminate the penalties.Murphy whipped us on the line and our pass coverage was awful.Bears can and will get things turned around.

Only got to see a half of that game after the JV game I was covering with Smoky MT, ended early via a running clock. So we rode out to the Whee after that game and I have to say, Murphy is pretty darn good, except for penalties, (most were obvious) I dont see many teams that can deal with them this year.. At least around here. JMO.

All jokes aside there is no same losing to that Murphy team, I'd say #1, # 34, and # 31, will all be playing on Saturdays, Pisgah looked good in their first drive running the ball I actually thought they might win upfront, but after some mental errors by the qb the whole offense looked out of synch till the last couple of drives, on Murphy's first offensive possession Pisgah D-line looked pretty good, they still moved the ball on Pisgah with that stable of backs but it wasn't until I saw how bad Pisgahs secondary was getting burned that I knew they were in for a long night, after that Murphy's line was opening whole that a truck could drive through, their backs were getting 5 yards after contact, and Curry was on fire passing the ball, I think the thing Pisgah needs to get over moving forward is they didn't just lose to a very good 1a team they lost to a very good team in general, the scary thing is if Murphy didn't get so many penalties tonight it could have been worse

Murphy spanked Pisgah's tail end. Plain and simple. Where Pisgah goes from here who knows but the Bulldogs are for real. Good luck to em rest of the season.

Murphy- 30 Pisgah-13 FINAL

Bulldogs are as good as advertised, and looked the part of a defending state champ tonight who is the favorite to repeat this year in either 1A or 1AA....Lots of weapons on offense, and a defense that stymied the Bear attack for most of the night.....The Bulldogs did have a lot of Penaltys, but that will likely be cleaned-up as the season progresses....Wish the young man who was injured a speedy recovery!

Impressive start for Murphy for sure!

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
All right Albino Bear you got crow to eat after saying Pisgah was gonna gash Murphy from every direction and give em a "rude awakening"...... talent isn t close

Yeah that game was not much fun to watch. We got whipped from everywhere. Murphy is a great team. Receivers looked lost (and dropped passes), line couldn't protect, QB missed on some throws, and RBs couldn't protect the football. Defensively it was a nightmare as we couldn't cover anything (and that's against a team that's not known for its passing). You could definitely see where we lost some of the playmakers offensively from last year; but even more so on defense. Saying that, ALL IS NOT LOST FOR THE BEARNADO. Some of our weaknesses are not fixable.... but many are. Like many of you Murphy fans have said, teams morph throughout the year. By the end of the year this will be a much better team, and will definitely make some noise in the conference

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT