ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy vs Cherokee

Tough to beat a team as good as Cherokee 3 out of 4, glad it's at Murphy at least. Union Academy was quite similar to Cherokee imo.

Can’t wait the three games I’ve been lucky enough to watch were awesome games. Better get there early no way this one won’t be sold out

Off topic, but wanted to say congrats to the Lady Braves on their victory last night. The 7/8 threes in the first half were too much for the Lady Mountaineers to overcome. I had been afraid all season that when Mitchell had to outscore a hot shooting team they would be in trouble. Cherokee was simply the better team last night.

Cherokee has a very very good ball club and I would love to see the game this week but just to far to travel in middle of the week.

Good luck to both the Lady Braves and Lady Dogs.

GO Mountaineers

The last 2 games Cherokee has jumped all over Murphy (28-15 & 23-12) in the 1st qt. Murphy needs to come out shooting well and clamp down on defense, esp contesting 3s. Im expecting more than a capacity crowd Tues night.

6:30 tip time. $9.00 admission (set by state)
Glad it’s set by the State. In the SMC Tournament I went to the 1st round game and was charged $8. I went back for the 2nd round and only got charged $6. Don’t mind paying but something wasn’t right there

Reactions: TigerDen1
I'm not sure if this would be considered an upset but I'm going with Cherokee by 6 in a tough battle. I think Cherokee is playing great basketball right now and in a great flow. I'm not sure if they have enough to get over the top on MA but I do think they get this one.

I'm not sure if this would be considered an upset but I'm going with Cherokee by 6 in a tough battle. I think Cherokee is playing great basketball right now and in a great flow. I'm not sure if they have enough to get over the top on MA but I do think they get this one.

Murphy was absolutely dominant in this game. Lady Dogs were up 43-15 at one point in the game.

Congratulations Lady Bulldogs and good luck from here on out. Bring home the State Championship

Murphy was absolutely dominant in this game. Lady Dogs were up 43-15 at one point in the game.
I was following. With the previous meetings I was shocked to see the score. Cherokee have a bad shooting night? Doesn't shock me Murphy won but by that spread is crazy

I was following. With the previous meetings I was shocked to see the score. Cherokee have a bad shooting night? Doesn't shock me Murphy won but by that spread is crazy

Both teams were jittery to start the game. After the 1st qt, it was all Murphy. Cherokee did have a bad night shooting, but credit Murphys defense for that. Murphy played the best ive seen them play all season on both sides. They never let off once they got the lead.

Both teams were jittery to start the game. After the 1st qt, it was all Murphy. Cherokee did have a bad night shooting, but credit Murphys defense for that. Murphy played the best ive seen them play all season on both sides. They never let off once they got the lead.

Tell you what that Mount Airy Murphy game is going to be a good one

Reactions: MHS-88
Great job Murphy. Ain’t much else to say except good luck and I hope your girls can bring the title back to the SMC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT