ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy / Rville game....

I guess I agree to an extent with the limited offensive mentality of the bulldogs. However, ask any 49'er fan who they would rather for that one drive. Montana or Young. Pretty sure Montana gets picked 99% of the time. Legs are great but not when you need big chunks of yardage like the last drive tonight. #3 had no chance to catch that last ball. Overthrown by 3-4 yards. But what do I know?
Well that's because Robbinsville knew what was coming and pinned their ears back and got after Curry on that play. It's hard to throw into a tight window in a pressure situation when everyone in the stadium knows you have to pass and when you have defenders breathing down your neck. Truth is, if it wasn't for Curry then Murphy wouldn't have been in the game at all much less had a chance to tie it at the end.

Congrats to all the old school Black Knight posters on the win, your boys did a good job. I maybe would've took a knee up 2 with a minute left and killed the clock and all the late drama could've been avoided. Almost bit em. Knights got out 16-0 early. Proud the Dogs fought like hell to get back in it. Knights were clutch on 3rd down play calls all game and that was big. Dogs squandered 3 red zone scoring chances and it bit them. Fumble at the 1 was costly but he was trying to make a play no doubt. Mcrae looked good off the injury. Losing the Dogs big center hurt the offense with a size mismatch. Just a really good game to watch. Stinks to lose but Dogs . will still win a lot of games coming up.

Reactions: mbdfan
Great game, tough loss for bulldogs. Robbinsville line the difference but game alot more competitive than last year. Tough decision coming up for coaching staff Kent or Curry?

Curry did a great job leading the offense down the field for multiple scores each time he was brought in. The offense seemed to sputter when Kent was under center. I dont know the right answer for the qb position because both have what it takes to be starters. I do give the slight edge to Curry only because of the duel threat of run/pass capabilitie. Still a lot of fb to be played before the smc is decided.

I would make it easy for the coaches, and would walk off- if I were Kent...He has no support from Murphy Fans, apparently...wow...a bad game, throw him under the bus...I have watched these kids play as little guys...Dalton is loaded with talent, and I question Murphys coaching staff, and their ability to coach an athlete like him. Campana did awesome as O coordinator. And Ray G, coached these boys as JV's, he really knew how to handle a QB like Dalton- Big, strong, not a strong runner, but hands down, a strong accurate passer...and come on...He throws to hard????? I hope he quits today....and i hope i see that kid on a pitching mound this spring!!!!

Well that's because Robbinsville knew what was coming and pinned their ears back and got after Curry on that play. It's hard to throw into a tight window in a pressure situation when everyone in the stadium knows you have to pass and when you have defenders breathing down your neck. Truth is, if it wasn't for Curry then Murphy wouldn't have been in the game at all much less had a chance to tie it at the end.
Truth is....the "W" is in the Knights column

I think that is 11 or 12 SMC wins in a row going back to 2013.

I would make it easy for the coaches, and would walk off- if I were Kent...He has no support from Murphy Fans, apparently...wow...a bad game, throw him under the bus...I have watched these kids play as little guys...Dalton is loaded with talent, and I question Murphys coaching staff, and their ability to coach an athlete like him. Campana did awesome as O coordinator. And Ray G, coached these boys as JV's, he really knew how to handle a QB like Dalton- Big, strong, not a strong runner, but hands down, a strong accurate passer...and come on...He throws to hard????? I hope he quits today....and i hope i see that kid on a pitching mound this spring!!!!
Yeah buddy! Let's hope he just "quits" when the going gets tough! That'll show 'em! I'm glad you're not coaching! I've watched him play since youth league too and I never said he wasn't talented and I was NOT throwing him under the bus! I just meant that he has a tendency at times to put a little too much mustard on his throws when it isn't necessary. He did it early on last night in the first qtr. You can laugh about that all you want Mr. QB savant but I have two eyes and I'm not blind in either one of them. Just because I talked good about Curry and think he is the best option doesn't mean I'm throwing Kent under the bus! You, on the other hand, did throw Curry under the bus with your comments! Trying to blame the loss on him is stupid seeing as how the only times Murphy scored and moved the ball was when he was in there. But whatever. I'm not gonna get into a pissing contest with you. You have your opinion and I have mine and I think it best that we just leave it at that.

Great win for the Knights, no excuses because the better team won last night. Without #1's performance the game would not have been close.

#4 is a very good QB but #1 can be great. #1 really needs a larger share of the reps than he's been getting prior to Monday.

But most importantly the 'Dogs o-line and d-line really needs to up the level of play between now and the playoffs if this team is to have any shot at a state title

Last edited:
Black Knights with the win over Murphy just as predicted. Score could have been a lot worse if not for all the turnovers Robbinsville had. At least Murphy gets a week to recover with Andrews on the schedule. On the other hand, tough week for the Knights as they have to turn around and travel to Rosman on Friday night. Should be a good one over in Tiger Town! And now back to the bickering between Murphy fans over their QB issues... :D

Noted...!! Do not have a pissing contest with NC Nole fan.
****er, I never once blamed that Curry kid for a loss..I just find it amazing how quickly you choose to furlough Dalton Kent. As far as ppl who choose to no longer participate in organized sports, Dalton, Statically speaking, would still have a perfectly fulfilled life with no void or post traumatic syndrome to speak of, from walking away from Murphy High School Football.
It stops the minimizing of himself, except for a few days immediately after. Then he only has to hear from you-on message boards like these, for 2-3 days tops. I hope he quits!!
Joey curry had a fantastic game!! He should feel very accomplished. Ready to take over????
Say they move Kent, to linebacker, he will be a a solid, strong player. And when Joey ISNT preforming well, Kent will be called to step up, and preform at that position. And he will..Kent will.... The kid is just as awesome off the field, as on it...Always has been. Dalton's doing great..J Watson just blows as an offensive co...D Gentry does NOT coach QB's with great passing abilities! Ray G and C Campana are just better, more versatile, intellegent coaches Kent was better off under them
The End

Black Knights with the win over Murphy just as predicted. Score could have been a lot worse if not for all the turnovers Robbinsville had. At least Murphy gets a week to recover with Andrews on the schedule. On the other hand, tough week for the Knights as they have to turn around and travel to Rosman on Friday night. Should be a good one over in Tiger Town! And now back to the bickering between Murphy fans over their QB issues... :D
Lol

I believe there is room for both kids to play. Dalton is good and deserves playing time. I think they should let the situations dictates who is in the game. It no slight on Kent to sit him when the zone read is being so effective, Curry is more suited for that and that was something that was working last night. Now if it's just drop back and pass and the rest of your running game is working have Kent in there. Last night as far as running the ball the zone read play was all that was working. Curry was best for last night's game

Great win by the Knights..made the winning plays and overcame alot of adversity. Mystery play of the year was the fumble recovered by Robbinsville (#77) that was given to Murphy...smh

Noted...!! Do not have a pissing contest with NC Nole fan.
****er, I never once blamed that Curry kid for a loss..I just find it amazing how quickly you choose to furlough Dalton Kent. As far as ppl who choose to no longer participate in organized sports, Dalton, Statically speaking, would still have a perfectly fulfilled life with no void or post traumatic syndrome to speak of, from walking away from Murphy High School Football.
It stops the minimizing of himself, except for a few days immediately after. Then he only has to hear from you-on message boards like these, for 2-3 days tops. I hope he quits!!
Joey curry had a fantastic game!! He should feel very accomplished. Ready to take over????
Say they move Kent, to linebacker, he will be a a solid, strong player. And when Joey ISNT preforming well, Kent will be called to step up, and preform at that position. And he will..Kent will.... The kid is just as awesome off the field, as on it...Always has been. Dalthingoing great..J Watson just blows as an offensive co...D Gentry does NOT coach QB's with great passing abilities! Ray G and C Campana are just better, more versatile, intellegent coaches Kent was better off under them
The End

Hey tough guy, it's easy to name call over the internet. Don't get personal! I'm sorry if you don't agree with what I said but I never said one bad thing about Kent! Get over yourself.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Hey tough guy, it's easy to name call over the internet. Don't get personal! I'm sorry if you don't agree with what I said but I never said one bad thing about Kent! Get over yourself.
[/QUOTE]
Easy to coach on a message board too... tough-ER guy☺️

Now children lets calm down haha! Both have good points and I didn't see anyone bashing Kent. If Murphy stands a chance it's with Curry at QB. Murphy barely even moved the ball with Kent at QB but you can also say that Robbinsville didn't prepare for Curry either they didn't practice on getting ready for a dual threat QB. But IMO you can see who the coaches from Murphy have put their faith in by what QB was in for the last drive of the game. And yes the last play was predictable that why R'ville could pin their ears back and come at the QB. If Kent would have taken the snap he would have probably been sacked. He took some big hits all night

Reactions: NC nole fan
Easy to coach on a message board too... tough-ER guy☺️[/QUOTE]

Yep. It sure is. Seriously though, I have NOTHING against Kent and would never get on here and run down a high school kid. You are obviously related to him so I understand why you took offense. But I also think you took my comments the wrong way. I'll support whoever is in there. No offense intended.

Now children lets calm down haha! Both have good points and I didn't see anyone bashing Kent. If Murphy stands a chance it's with Curry at QB. Murphy barely even moved the ball with Kent at QB but you can also say that Robbinsville didn't prepare for Curry either they didn't practice on getting ready for a dual threat QB. But IMO you can see who the coaches from Murphy have put their faith in by what QB was in for the last drive of the game. And yes the last play was predictable that why R'ville could pin their ears back and come at the QB. If Kent would have taken the snap he would have probably been sacked. He took some big hits all night
Kent did take big hits!! Kent took big hits!! It would be hard to move the ball TAKING the hits!!
He might've been sacked-he might've thrown an easy TD pass too!
Kent needs to be in a passing style coached program anyway-
If Ray G and Ceasar C were over the football program it would not even be a question..still a good college prospect player-but, D Gentry doesn't help promote these kids with colleges anyway. If Gentry isn't going to reap benefits, he could give a shit about anything else

Reactions: Fourth'n'Inches
I'm sorry but Kent is not a college prospect QB. He may be a college prospect tackle. Sorry if I make you mad or make it sound like I'm bashing Kent but I'm not. He is a decent QB that has had a lot of talent around him the past few years and that means a whole lot. If you want to see an elite college level QB, go watch a game where the QB makes everyone on the field look better instead of everyone on the field making the QB look good.

Thank you for enlightening me on this fact. You are right, no chance for him, at any college division. Now it just seems he might be wasting his time, and everyone else's.

As far as being related..coaches that see kids grow up, yes, that makes us family, you can say-
Thank you guys so much for really educating me on my delusional aspiration for a kid I got to help coach
SMH

If Murphy had more talent at WR then Kent would be the clear choice. However, it's slim pickens (no pun intended) at that position outside of #12. Kent probably has the best arm in the SMC and the Dogs would be flat out scary if they had anyone to throw to. With that being said, I think Curry might very well be their best bet given their current situation. He can get outside the pocket and make some plays and keep the offense up tempo when he's in there. My 2 cents...

If Murphy had more talent at WR then Kent would be the clear choice. However, it's slim pickens (no pun intended) at that position outside of #12. Kent probably has the best arm in the SMC and the Dogs would be flat out scary if they had anyone to throw to. With that being said, I think Curry might very well be their best bet given their current situation. He can get outside the pocket and make some plays and keep the offense up tempo when he's in there. My 2 cents...
No he doesn't... He has good players around him, he himself, isn't...ask the guy from Rvlle. He educated me on this.

Thank you for enlightening me on this fact. You are right, no chance for him, at any college division. Now it just seems he might be wasting his time, and everyone else's.

As far as being related..coaches that see kids grow up, yes, that makes us family, you can say-
Thank you guys so much for really educating me on my delusional aspiration for a kid I got to help coach
SMH
You don't play well with others do you? I've tried being nice but obviously you just like being contrary. No more time wasted on you. So long.

The TE #10 is good too. Rville just did a good job taking him away last night.

I think you need to go back and read my post. I never said he wasn't good but I did say he doesn't have the players that he has had around him and that makes a big difference. Sorry you are butt hurt over this. I was just stating my opinion and I have a right to do that. If you don't want to read it, just glance over my post whenever you see my name. I call it like I see it and I think a bunch of other people see it that way too

I think you need to go back and read my post. I never said he wasn't good but I did say he doesn't have the players that he has had around him and that makes a big difference. Sorry you are butt hurt over this. I was just stating my opinion and I have a right to do that. If you don't want to read it, just glance over my post whenever you see my name. I call it like I see it and I think a bunch of other people see it that way too
No winning with that soitalian guy. Not worth it.

Last edited:
Yea I've seen that. What kind of score are you predicting in the Andrews game Friday?
I would say Murphy by about 20-24 points but it could be closer if they have a hangover from last night. Andrews ain't bad this year and will be up for Murphy. I got Rville over Rosman by about two TDs. I would say a 22-7 score sounds about right.

I hope it's 22-7 lol. Rosman is gonna be tough especially playing up there. It will be a battle in the trenches. Andrews is decent but they could be a lot better if they would run a offense that better suited the players they have.

I hope it's 22-7 lol. Rosman is gonna be tough especially playing up there. It will be a battle in the trenches. Andrews is decent but they could be a lot better if they would run a offense that better suited the players they have.
Yeah I would love to see Andrews turn it around. They deserve too that's for sure. I don't think you got anything to worry about Friday. No offense to Rosman because they are much improved but after seeing that big OL and DL last night I just don't see a small 1a team beating Robbinsville. They are even better than last year and will control any game they play the rest of the season. Best line in the SMC since 2011/2012 Swain IMO.

Amen !!!!

Robbinsville has a real chance of repeating has 1a state champions I believe there team this year is better at controlling the line of scrimmage and if they can continue keeping the ball for long periods of the game it'll be hard to beat them. Even with less talent then last year I see them as a better overall team.

I'm not "hurt" over anything-especially not "butt hurt" ☺️ Lol
I am not thin skinned towards anyone or their sharp tongue. I think you have the wrong interpretations of my comments, also.
I have always been a fan of Kent's. And I am going to express my opinion in any message board to the fact-

Boy you guys sure do know how to liven up the boards ... I was gonna enjoy BK meltdown But I think you guys have him beat lol

Reactions: gal durnit
ADVERTISEMENT