ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy needs a game

It would be great if Mitchell would drop cannon or trinity and try to play murphy. It gets tiring watching mitchell schedule cupcake games at the start of the year. I have no idea why mitchell doesn't try to play Murphy, robbinsville ,and pisgah every year.

cannon isn't in the same discussion as trinity or the Carolina Wildcats. They are a private school, just Like Christ School. Both are coached by former NFLers, both have an unlimited nationwide talent pool. Cannon is in its infancy, whereas Christ has been around for ages. I don't mind the matchup with cannon, because they will be a force in a few more years. Plus it gives 2 old teammates a chance to coach against each other, and that always makes for a better game.

Also, last year was the first year playing any of those schools. Don't forget, Mitchell isn't a yearly powerhouse yet. We have established ourselves, but not hardly there. This upcoming season will tell us a lot about the future of Mitchell football. (and I'm expecting another 10-win season and hopefully another deep run)

It doesn't matter if you're a powerhouse or not, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the harder your non-conference schedule is the more prepared you are for the playoffs, its why mitchell lost to cherokee this year. We had only played 1 tough game all year and we had no idea how to deal with the pressure.

Reactions: mbdfan
So u want to keep Rosman week 3 when Murphy has that date, but drop Hayesville because they are too weak, for week 5 when Murphy don’t have that date. Sounds bout right. Hayesville beat Rosman past two years on varsity and throttled them on jv as well. I’m pretty sure Murphy wanted to schedule you guys the past couple of years.
Would love to play Mnt. Heritage , but we are in pretty serious negotiations with South Pittsburg Tenn. , but its still not a done deal.

Reactions: mrbud
So u want to keep Rosman week 3 when Murphy has that date, but drop Hayesville because they are too weak, for week 5 when Murphy don’t have that date. Sounds bout right. Hayesville beat Rosman past two years on varsity and throttled them on jv as well. I’m pretty sure Murphy wanted to schedule you guys the past couple of years.
Why you bringing us into this?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT