ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ Mitchell

everybody that is taking advantage of this rule is in favor of it, why not just play where you all belong and earn respect like R'ville has over the years, instead of tacking advantage of all the little schools that play where they belong.
I don't understand what you mean by " taking advantage of this rule". What advantage? Here's an example of what the rule means. In Cherokee county there are 3 high schools and 1 EC. So according to the rule since thier EC doesn't have sports, I believe thier EC has 138 students, So let's say 46 EC students would have gone to Murphy if they hadn't chosen to go to the EC then Murphy has to count those students in their ADM for the playoffs. Mayland EC Is a EC for Mitchell , Avery & Yancey county students so since they don't have sports each school has to count the students who live in their county in thier ADM for the playoffs. So there is no advantage.

For the best, this game is done and dusted. It's time to look ahead to Murphy-Robbinsville, too bad we'll have to read the broken record that is rville20 in that one too.

He is like BK, they may be the same person. They are getting nervous about Friday and will start with the EC stuff as usual. It will only get worse if they lose.

Me and you have had to listen to it for over 10 years now. Its so old it don't even get me mad anymore lol .

Reactions: mhs95 and mbdfan
Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. Rville and his conspiracy theories have made an appearance. Could not finish out this thread about one of the best played games in the mountains this season without it. I know I will ruffle some Knight fans with this, but I think the 2 best small 1a teams in North Carolina played last night in Ledger. I have been wrong before but my opinion is my opinion and yours is yours. I respect that.

Again #32 was a beast. I thought Mitchell won special teams. Thought Mitchell had the better qb and wr. Line play was pretty even. But Murphy had #32 and that was the difference in the game. Just could not stop him.

Congrats again to Murphy. Hopefully both teams come out of the game Friday night healthy and the SMC can add another title. I will be pulling for the winner in the finals.

Didn't see your post mbdfan while I was typing, I agree Time to move on.

GO Mountaineers

Its so old it don't even get me mad anymore lol .
Yeah me either, I try to correct the misinformation but it's pretty much a waste of time at this point.

I really don't think rville20 is ole BK, BK has mellowed out some over the years I believe. I know I have ha.

Reactions: smcdogfan
Tri County Early College does have sports.
Here is the rule.
7. Schools must note adjustments in their ADMs due to special circumstances on the Declaration of Intent form, which must be submitted by the designated process. --if there are early college or middle college students that would be assigned to a school, but go to those schools that have no athletic program; their numbers should be included with the school's numbers since they can be eligible to participate at the base school; those situations should be identified on the Declaration.

Yeah me either, I try to correct the misinformation but it's pretty much a waste of time at this point.

I really don't think rville20 is ole BK, BK has mellowed out some over the years I believe. I know I have ha.

Yeah I know it's not I said it jokingly, i actually like bk. He has grown on me over the years .

I just think you had two teams that played there heart out Friday night . I wish they would have let the game spoke for itself instead of hurling insults at the Mitchell posters.

Didn't see your post mbdfan while I was typing, I agree Time to move on.

GO Mountaineers
No worries bowhunter, always enjoy reading your posts. Here's to another exciting game between Murphy and Mitchell next year, just at the hill this time please. Ha

Reactions: wncbowhunter
No worries bowhunter, always enjoy reading your posts. Here's to another exciting game between Murphy and Mitchell next year, just at the hill this time please. Ha

Well it is your turn. It sure was nice to be home in just a few minutes last night though. If we are fortunate enough to host again maybe just maybe we can do it without the rain or ice.

Tri County Early College does have sports.
Well even if the rule isn't sport specific under the rule then basically Tri-county is just another high school in Cherokee county. So you have 4 high schools now instead of 3 but it's no different from Murphy not counting Andrews or Hiwassee Dam. I don't believe your kicking kids out and making them go to Tri-county and as I mentioned before the lower numbers also means Murphy gets less state money and I don't believe that the superintendent , principle and teachers what to give up state money I'm sure they need so the football team can drop to 1A.

Yeah I know it's not I said it jokingly, i actually like bk. He has grown on me over the years .

I just think you had two teams that played there heart out Friday night . I wish they would have let the game spoke for itself instead of hurling insults at the Mitchell posters.
I dont have a "dog" in this fight but good grief for a program as " mighty" as Robbinsville ive never ever heard so much about enrollment...so would someone update me...did Murphy and mitchell both only use 11 players at a time Friday or did school w larger enrollment get play w 12 on offense and 13 on defense...i guess its kind of a built in excuse mechanism knowing Muprhy gonna beat them again Friday night..good luck Bulldogs..i hope ole JR goes hoarse in the press box...

Reactions: mhs95 and smcdogfan
I dont have a "dog" in this fight but good grief for a program as " mighty" as Robbinsville ive never ever heard so much about enrollment...so would someone update me...did Murphy and mitchell both only use 11 players at a time Friday or did school w larger enrollment get play w 12 on offense and 13 on defense...i guess its kind of a built in excuse mechanism knowing Muprhy gonna beat them again Friday night..good luck Bulldogs..i hope ole JR goes hoarse in the press box...
Jr ain't goin hourse, .

Rville 20 cant help him self. His elevator is broken and it only goes so high. He is stuck on the same floor. He has what they call uncle Rico syndrome. Always depressed and worried about woulda, shoulda, coulda. Always feels slighted by his "misfortune" in this case he believes that if not for Murphy his team would win every game, every year. That's ok because his biggest "misfortune" is that coach didnt put him in as QB in the forth quarter because he just knows if they had put him in they would have took state. Then he would have signed a million dollar contract and lived in a big mansion and lived with his sole mate happily ever after. He also believes he can throw a football from ingles clear over Stecoah Gap. Dont believe me just ask him.

Reactions: MilltownUSA
I really don’t think it’s fair to associate one guys opinion with Robbinsvilles whole fan base. Rville 20 is free to post his opinion but that doesn’t mean it’s mine because we pull for the same school. I never have understood the comment “ I don’t have a dog in the fight” just before someone says something that throws a dog in the fight. Good luck to my Knights Friday night and i hope both teams come out injury free so the winner can represent the west at 100%. Go knights

I really don’t think it’s fair to associate one guys opinion with Robbinsvilles whole fan base. Rville 20 is free to post his opinion but that doesn’t mean it’s mine because we pull for the same school. I never have understood the comment “ I don’t have a dog in the fight” just before someone says something that throws a dog in the fight. Good luck to my Knights Friday night and i hope both teams come out injury free so the winner can represent the west at 100%. Go knights
Good point

We are playing where we belong according to the numbers. The EC or the Alternative school have nothing to do with sports. Murphy this year and on many years has 1A numbers when they will have more they'll be 1AA it's that simple there's no conspiracy to hide students and no taking advantage of anyone. Good Grief it's high school football it's not anything that is going to change the world.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT