ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ Mitchell

Bless your heart you think everybody is downing the SMC. You sound like a SEC fan that gets mad when people say they don’t have the best conference. I’m pretty sure everybody know if you want to make it to the 1a Championship game you are going to have to beat a team in the SMC.

was Anderson 22 ? He ran hard
How TJ averaged 50 a game is crazy the rain must have truly damped the offense bad

The rain definitely limited TJ's potential advantage in the passing game. Only completed 7 passes out of 27 attempts with 3 INT. Also, didn't help that we lost one of our best receivers to a knee injury during practice this week but that is 1A football. However, you have to give all the credit to Robbinsville...they made the plays on defense and wore us down with their rushing attack. Hoping the SMC brings home another state championship for the West.

Was i the only one who was surprised that the game started with all the smoke covering the field? I couldn't even see where the kick returner was running. I thought they would let all that smoke clear out before starting the game.

Reactions: mhs95
Was i the only one who was surprised that the game started with all the smoke covering the field? I couldn't even see where the kick returner was running. I thought they would let all that smoke clear out before starting the game.
I thought for sure Mitchell would get a personal foul for it...

That was the craziest thing I have ever seen. I get the smoke deal but they need to rethink that on a night like last night. The weather was not right for that. The guy in charge was holding the smoke maker and pointing it out on the field way after the kids had ran through. The kids were lining up and he was still pointing it out on the field. Cant believe the refs didnt wait till the smoke cleared before starting play. I thought it was a real player safety issue. We couldn't even see the last couple kids on Murphy's line on the far side. Pretty crazy they let them run down in that.

Reactions: wncbowhunter
88c20afd-e26c-4b80-b391-85a46c405417-FBH_MHS_vs_MHS_11302018_0293.jpg

I feel you, but the refs missed a holding call on Mitchell's third touchdown, pass to McKinney that gave ya'll back the lead. I think the refs were poor all the way around.
They were terrible. And you might be right they missed stuff both ways Mitchell's #70 was held all night you could see the jersey being pulled. And Mitchell had another TD called for questionable hold , but they made that one back. But anyway the reason I showed this is because someone was questioning about this call in particular was not a bad call.

I should have posted this under response to cdoc73 lol in his response to the bogus roughing the passer call that caused Mitchell a TD and appvol you don't have to see film here's the hit.
Post it, here I am, I don't run son

Refs was horrible both ways last night. We may have held #70 for Mitchell all night. The same way Mitchell held shope all night. Both teams played great football. Nothing better than mountain football.
There is holding, somewhere, on probably 95% of plays in football. In high school, college, and pro. They can't call them all lol. That's why I concede that the negated touchdown on the punt return, but the roughing the passer was a bad call. It is what it is, and had Mitchell won, I wouldn't be complaining about it haha.

Roughing the passer Gentry advantage coming through. When you play Murphy you can’t leave it in the refs hands. He also had a pretty classless statement that they should’ve never had to come to ledger in the first place. He may be right but as a coach have some class. If he thinks the smc was tougher than whc this year he’s wrong. Heritage would’ve had their way with Murphy honestly.

Roughing the passer Gentry advantage coming through. When you play Murphy you can’t leave it in the refs hands. He also had a pretty classless statement that they should’ve never had to come to ledger in the first place. He may be right but as a coach have some class. If he thinks the smc was tougher than whc this year he’s wrong. Heritage would’ve had their way with Murphy honestly.
Oh just like your coach get his plays from murphy

After watching game on Hudl the game was to me evenly played by two good teams. The late I believe was questionable, I think it was called for the continuation of the hit because he was still up after the throw and trying to shake the tackle.
Mitchell's kicking game was lights out a big plus for them. Number 10 for them was a stud, a great game by that young man. Line play by both teams was pretty equal over the course of the game. Deciding factor was 32 for Murphy he really stepped up big time. Really a hard fought game hats off to both teams. On to big showdown with the Black Knights.

More sour grapes..when will you guys ever learn? The best 2 teams in the 1A west will settle it Friday.. Oh yeah both from SMC.

Reactions: Cdoc73
Post it, here I am, I don't run son
Well I did post it. I'm was just saying I made a mistake by not posting it on one of the comments your & others about the call so people would know what I meant by the picture. As far as "son" I'm 8 years older then you lol

Isn't hayesville playn basketball
Yeah and I was just saying the pic was up there big guy don’t get all riled up! Didn’t know if you saw it! Every 1A school besides the remaining 8 are playing basketball now! Hahaha

Last edited:
Yeah and I was just saying the pic was up there big guy don’t get all riled up! Didn’t know if you saw it!
The pic is a good shot but doesn't show the whole play. He turned sideways after that trying to work loose. The ball was gone and he threw him to the ground. I believe that's why they called it. Personally I don't see it as roughing. The refs called it though. It didn't decide the game just a questionable call and not the only one for both teams.

The pic is a good shot but doesn't show the whole play. He turned sideways after that trying to work loose. The ball was gone and he threw him to the ground. I believe that's why they called it. Personally I don't see it as roughing. The refs called it though. It didn't decide the game just a questionable call and not the only one for both teams.
Trust me I was rooting for Murphy to win! I was just making sure he knew it was posted above his comment!

The refs were bad. They missed calls both ways all night. There was holding on both sides all night. Fact is 54 for Mitchell held basically every play all night long. Dont believe me watch the film. He didn't try to hide it. Very obvious all night. The picture above is not the picture from the roughing the passer call. The play that got called #2 got hit from his left side, almost from behind but from the side. That pic is the very first hit #2 took. Dont believe me, watch the film.

I know, I was just giving my take on the call. In big games tightly contested there are normally some questionable calls. It usually comes down to who makes the most plays Murphy made at least one more.

The refs were bad. They missed calls both ways all night. There was holding on both sides all night. Fact is 54 for Mitchell held basically every play all night long. Dont believe me watch the film. He didn't try to hide it. Very obvious all night. The picture above is not the picture from the roughing the passer call. The play that got called #2 got hit from his left side, almost from behind but from the side. That pic is the very first hit #2 took. Dont believe me, watch the film.
We believe you I said nothing about the call or the pic other than it was posted was making him aware it was there!

Trying to get the film right now I want to see the game. Thought about driving up there but weather was awful so I stay home.

Last nights game is the best high school game i have ever watched. Both teams played their hearts out,just wish the outcome had been better. I was nervous wreck the whole game and dipped a whole can of grizzly during the game. I tell you Mitchell will get a ring one year and i m thinking it just might be next year. No one thought Mitchell would be as good as they were this year after losing so many guys last year.Good luck to both Murphy and to Robbinsville next week One of you all bring that trophy back to the mountains and show them city guys what mountain football is all about. One more thing i have a family member that played his last game last night and when he walked off that field he was so heart broken, he just stood at the gate at looked at that field knowing he wouldnt play ball on it again. Great kids in this part of the state that represent our schools and i m proud to be a fan of NC High School football and the Mitchell Mountaineers.

We believe you I said nothing about the call or the pic other than it was posted was making him aware it was there!
Okay maybe I wrong it looked so much like the play I assumed it was the same hit. As far as watching the film I saw it in real life the QB was hit while throwing the ball which caused the ball to float up off target like it did. But if this is not the same play i apologize.

Well I did post it. I'm was just saying I made a mistake by not posting it on one of the comments your & others about the call so people would know what I meant by the picture. As far as "son" I'm 8 years older then you lol
Well so,. Don't get on here making excuse,. I was real doutful last night, .
Okay maybe I wrong it looked so much like the play I assumed it was the same hit. As far as watching the film I saw it in real life the QB was hit while throwing the ball which caused the ball to float up off target like it did. But if this is not the same play i apologize.
Well it was a good game, enough with oh this should of or shouldn't be a penalty,. Show the smoke at kick off which should of been a flag,. See I can do it, but what is the point,. The game is over, congrates to Mitchell, yes I was nervous, about game, .but let the oh this was a penenelty that wasn't crap go,. It's Saturday , go watch bama beat ga,.

Last edited:
Well so,. Don't get on here making excuse,. I was real doutful last night, .

Well it was a good game, enough with oh this should of or shouldn't be a penalty,. Show the smoke at kick off which should of been a flag,. See I can do it, but what is the point,. The game is over, congrates to Mitchell, yes I was nervous, about game, .but let the oh this was a penenelty that wasn't crap go,. It's Saturday , go watch bama beat ga,.
Oh man I just realized I'll miss some of the SEC championship game. I have to go be Santa Claus for the Bakersville Christmas parade. They may miss me lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT