ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ Mitchell

SMC too tough. Now I would agree in most years, but Murphy is the only team in SMC that could even be in a game with Mtn. Heritage in the WHC this year. So I would say Mitchell has played 2 better teams in Erwin and Heritage than Murphy has even seen this year.

I think both conferences as a whole are down some, but I believe we still have 3 teams in the 3rd round playing and SMC has 2. Post has no validity this year.

May be 3 in the 3rd round but there will be 2 smc teams in the 4th round

How's the weather there
Raining right now. They all say 40% at game time. Looking at radar probably at least a light rain on and off during the game. Unless it all shoots north there's nothing but rain to the west except for a hole in the middle from Knoxville to Nashville if we're lucky might come over us. Doesn't look as bad as last week at least it will be in the low to mid 50's

Last edited:
A shame these two couldnt have met in semi finals...state title game tonight. Oh lord..robbinsville will be mad now (good) i have utmost respect for coach gentry and was at wcu w coach pitman and mitchell alum Jamie miller..will game be on radio...

Turnovers could be a factor with a wet ball and field, we'll see
Very much. Wetness wont really help either team, because as you mentioned, Murphy has a couple sore ankles and hips, and wet weather will hinder Mitchell's passing game. Mitchell has not been a very turnover prone team this year, throwing 2 interceptions, and i think 3 fumbles. According Maxpreps, Murphy has had 0 interceptions and 6 fumbles, so both teams hold on to the ball well. As we all know, it just takes 1 turnover or errant call to flip the momentum in a game like this. Hopefully both teams play good and the refs stay out of the way and let the teams decide the game.

I'm a Murphy fan and WKRK guys drive me nuts, "that's what I'm talking about". Might listen to Mitchell broadcast.

Reactions: mbdfan
According to "very very reliable sources" Murphy is 100% healthy for 1st time in forever
This is accurate, but I don't think it would/will take a lot to re-aggravate a couple of those, especially with a wet field and Mitchell's field not being in good shape. I know the condition of Mitchell's field is a legitimate concern for those close to the program.

Last edited:
This is accurate, but I don't think it would/will take a lot to re-aggravate a couple of those, especially with a wet field and Mitchell's field not being in good shape. I know the condition of Mitchell's field is a legitimate concern for those close to the program.
I believe it is pretty good draining field but yeah it could be an issue. Doesn't help tonight but good news is Mitchell county is receiving a grant for the new middle school and it includes money to replace the field with astroturf.

I have Mitchell winning this game by forfeit!

Rville20’s season long master plan finally kicks in and Murphy accidentally rolls in to Mt Airy for their rd3 1AA playoff game. Murphy team and fans through reading all his post have been brainwashed into thinking they should be in the 1AA and go to the wrong place! Coach Gentry with hazy eyes mumbles, “Rville20’s, Hidden #’s, BIG A........

He is later quoted, “ I knew it was the other team that starts with M!

All seriousness, safe travels to all, Mitchell in a close one. Right or wrong I believe they can.

Murphy matches up well with Heritage, would be a good game.
Ya it would be a good game but I feel Heritage would own the line of scrimmage and we just had a running back put up over 400 yards against Hendersonville with a 75 yard touchdown called back

Yes no doubt there field could be a big issue

Ya it would be a good game but I feel Heritage would own the line of scrimmage
Murphy's lines are one of the biggest strengths of the team, good size an extremely physical.

Murphy isn't Hendersonville, Bearcats defense is a joke. Hendersonville gave up 52 to Pisgah, who struggled offensively all year.

Last edited:
Murphy's lines are one of the biggest strengths of the team, good size an extremely physical.

Murphy isn't Hendersonville, Bearcats defense is a joke. Hendersonville gave up 52 to Pisgah, who struggled offensively all year.
How many point's did Murphy put on Pisgsh

I said their offense struggled, not their defense, is reading comprehension that difficult for you?

I'm done talking with you, but I'll be back here in 3 hours to congratulate Mitchell win or lose and we'll see if you were right.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT