ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ Mitchell

Always tough to win at someone else's place. Mitchell will be up for this game looking for redemption . I still think we have a better football team . I could see this going either way honestly

Reactions: mbdfan
Don’t think y’all will have problem with them . We left 2 scores we should’ve had shot are selves in the foot

I dont see any blowouts and as far I'm concerned Mitchell is the favorite playing at home.

Reactions: pollo_loco
It was a tough row to hoe in this weather tonight. Cherokees d line definitely had the upper hand most of the 1st half. Afterwards Mitchell decided to block. Mitchell did not look good at all, only so much you can blame on the weather, 21 days, whatever. Just didn't play good. I'd say they will come out better next week, they will have to if they want a shot...

Reactions: mbdfan
This should be a good one, just wish it was in Murphy because live close lol

It was a tough row to hoe in this weather tonight. Cherokees d line definitely had the upper hand most of the 1st half. Afterwards Mitchell decided to block. Mitchell did not look good at all, only so much you can blame on the weather, 21 days, whatever. Just didn't play good. I'd say they will come out better next week, they will have to if they want a shot...
murphy stealing your ring this year

Braves gave game away....mitchell looked like much better team last season...murphy wins by 21 easy.

Polk beat east wilkes.....who alleghany smashed this season....and north rowan who finished 2nd in horrible yvc and lost to north stanly by 42....congrats to polk but they r still 5 and 8. Blowing them out wasnt some great achievement....im telling u mitchell stinks. And if coach briggs had a brain cherokee would be coming to murphy....he didnt start snapping ball to mintz until 2nd half and even then it wasnt all the time. Mintz touched the ball one time.....once in 1st half...u got to get your star player more touches....#7 threw his usual 2 horrible intercceptions. He must be coach's nephew or something.

Yes i was at the game....and last years cherokee game. And yall looked much better last year. Sure the weather played a factor...but without the opening kickoff return and the scramble pass for td in 1st half the offense was hand off to #2 or #7 run. Seemed too one dimensional to compete with murphy....murphy beat the hell out of cherokee 4 weeks ago. I see similar beat down coming for yall....as long as murphy is 1a they will always be favorites in my book.

Think robbinsville has best shot at murphy. Not trying to be a know it all but mitchell wasnt impressive to me. I expedted yall to kill us but after first few possessions i was like damn we can win this.

Think robbinsville has best shot at murphy. Not trying to be a know it all but mitchell wasnt impressive to me. I expedted yall to kill us but after first few possessions i was like damn we can win this.
Us? Who the hell is us? Alleghany played Murphy, not Mitchell...

2 fumbles in redzone was the difference in the game. Could have easily been tied at 21 at hallf.

I really don't think Mitchell has any idea what's coming for them. I went to Mitchell Murphy game a couple years ago.. This beat down will be much much worse than that one . I sit on Mitchell side and I'll never forget every time a Mitchell player got blocked or tackled ,their fans would raise all sorts of hell, screaming"you can't hit our boys like that"!! I knew then they were not ready for the SMC.

I pull for cherokee also....is that a sin? calm down bro...not trying to bad mouth your team. Just saying murphy i on another level. And mitchell in my opinion was better last year....at least in the game vs cherokee they were.

I pull for cherokee also....is that a sin? calm down bro...not trying to bad mouth your team. Just saying murphy i on another level. And mitchell in my opinion was better last year....at least in the game vs cherokee they were.

So you’ve based all that on watching Mitchell for one game? And yes you are badmouthing them. You just said they stink. It was a tipped pass from the five yard line at the end of the half from being a 28 to 7 game.

It's a bit of a haul for Murphy to get there, but I've seen them play twice this year and they are clicking on all cylinders. Mctaggart and Allen in the backfield are strong runners and if Mitchell has any problems with coverage in the secondary, they'll get you there too. But the one person I like to watch even as a Swain fan is that big boy kicker you guys have. I was hoping Alleghany would break one to loose to see him tackle in the open field.

It's a bit of a haul for Murphy to get there, but I've seen them play twice this year and they are clicking on all cylinders. Mctaggart and Allen in the backfield are strong runners and if Mitchell has any problems with coverage in the secondary, they'll get you there too. But the one person I like to watch even as a Swain fan is that big boy kicker you guys have. I was hoping Alleghany would break one to loose to see him tackle in the open field.
Yeah our big boy kicker is a real stud lol
Just wondering are you referring to 4,1 or 73 because only one can even qualify for the stud name

Reactions: Swain97
I really don't think Mitchell has any idea what's coming for them. I went to Mitchell Murphy game a couple years ago.. This beat down will be much much worse than that one . I sit on Mitchell side and I'll never forget every time a Mitchell player got blocked or tackled ,their fans would raise all sorts of hell, screaming"you can't hit our boys like that"!! I knew then they were not ready for the SMC.
Dude GTFO with that shit. Mitchell has been playing the SMC since the 70's, nothing new to the Mountaineers. And I doubt very seriously that our fans were saying "you can't hit like that!" Don't be an rville20.

Dude GTFO with that shit. Mitchell has been playing the SMC since the 70's, nothing new to the Mountaineers. And I doubt very seriously that our fans were saying "you can't hit like that!" Don't be an rville20.
Whatever , I have many witnesses and can probably dig up some old posts concerning this matter..it was a pretty big deal talked about on here and the other site.

The coverall wearing lumberjacks wont know what hit em when murphy comes to town.

Kw23 dude wtf is your deal man your from alleghany county and act like your in love with smc your team was playing tonite against a smc opponent and all of a sudden your a Cherokee fan dude your delusional

So i guess having 2 teams is a sin.....look alleghany usually isnt very good and hardly ever makes it far in the playoffs....so i got to pull for somebody and a few seasons ago when alleghany was eliminated i started pulling for cherokee. Swain was stealing all there players so it made me pull for cherokee even more...i always pull for underdogs. We dont all have the priviledge of pulling for murphy or robbinsville....teams that year in and year out always win...so i adopted cherokee....sue me. Im not in love with smc whatsoever...or pull for any of them besides cherokee...but im not oblivious to the fact that smc is hands down the best 1a football conference and murphy is hands down best small 1a team in the state at the moment. I listened to alleghany lose on murphys highly biased abnoxious radio tonight...i wasnt driving 5 hours to watch it.

Lol, are you serious kw? Cherokee had plenty of opportunities but Mitchell’s D shut them down. I think it was 160 total yds. Mountaineers wasn’t great offensively but defensively I thought they were solid after the 1st quarter.

Never said there defense wasnt solid....i just feel like last years mitchell team was better than this years team even though cherokee won that game....from what i saw tonight. The rain card had a huge effect on helping both defenses out in 2nd half. Off course your defense looked worse in last seasons game because Tye Mintz was a baller. But i still think they were better overall team last season...i think last season was mitchells best shot at a ring...now that murphy made 41 kids vanish lol jk i believe its legit not a conspiracy...everyone will be playing for 2nd place for awhile.

Reactions: rville20
I’ll agree with you on that. Both teams were senior laden last yr. I think Mitchell recovered more than Cherokee from those seniors lost. This wasn’t the best game I’ve seen Mitchell play this year but this might be the healthiest Evans has been all year. That kid can run the ball! I’m not saying Mitchell beats Murphy, I’ve not seen Murphy play in a few yrs. I’m just not writing off the Mounties after this game, especially after being off for almost 3 weeks. Out of all of the first round byes this was definitely the most challenging game with a healthy Evans.

And as for robbinsville posters, why are you guys yapping? Didn’t Mitchell hand it to you all last year?

murphy beat the hell out of cherokee 4 weeks ago. I see similar beat down coming for yall....as long as murphy is 1a they will always be favorites in my book.

To be fair Cherokee was beating Murphy at halftime in that game, and Murphys kick returns is really what pushed them ahead in the second half. Cherokee was coming around here at the end of the season after they got Evans back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT