ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ Mitchell

Mitchell is well coached good kids building a great program. We can be very thankful for that. As far as the game I don’t think it’ll be close

Thats the 4th place team in sac.Mitchell digest your turkey,fist pump your chest and enjoy because you better play much much better Friday night or this one want be close.Cherokee isn't murphy

Mitchell is one team I can't figure out they play outstanding ball all year and when the playoffs start they seem to regress I hate to say this but it comes down to coaching the last 4 year's Mitchell has had as much talent as most any team in the mountains but they seem to always choak when the lights are the brightest I though for sure this was Mitchell's year but after last night I just don't know what to make of the mountaineers if your team don't come to play to there ability ever Friday night it don't reflect well on your coach that's just facts now I'm not bashing your coach but something is not right with Mitchell they have a much better team than what they showed lastnight..

Two great programs, Mitchell is a very good team that will be prepared for a battle both mentally and the x’s and 0’s . Murphy is Murphy you know the offense and how they’re going to line up, hasn’t changed in 30 years. Stop it if you can. Murphy 35 Mitchell 17 . No disrespect to the Mountineers but Murphy may be the #2 team in the state , second only to Tarboro!

Reactions: Wildcat10fan
Mitchell is one team I can't figure out they play outstanding ball all year and when the playoffs start they seem to regress. Mitchell has had as much talent as most any team in the mountains but they seem to always choak when the lights are the brightest
Huh? Mitchell lost to WRH in '15: the state champs, Mitchell lost to Murphy in '16: the state champs, Mitchell lost to Cherokee in '17: the state champs.

I cant speak for the loss to Cherokee last year but I saw the WRH and Murphy games with my own two eyes and the more talented team won both of those games. Mitchell has had their season ended by some damn good football teams the last few years, that's not choking.

Last edited:
If you'll notice none of the people predicting blowouts and the like are from Murphy.

Murphy and Murphy fans respect Mitchell and their program, this game will not be a blowout for either team.

Agree, mostly disgruntled Cherokee fans and one Alleghany fan who for some unknown reason watches high school football.

Well considering Mitchell was supposed to be rebuilding this year, and no one (not even yours truely) would have thought the Mountaineers would have had 10 wins this year, the season has been a success thus far. If we win, we get to travel to Avondale, or host Robbinsville. If we lose, then we had our 4th 10 win season in 5 years under coach Pitmans watch.

Kw23 you’re a champion. Look we can’t complain one bit about our program. We’re averaging 2 losses per year and 11-12 wins. We’ve played in the western finals the past 3 years. I’d say our playoff resume and wins eclipse heritages over that span. No knock on heritage or their program and certainly the competition in 2a is on another level, but big game for big game I’d say we’ve been well prepared. WRH was extremely gifted and so was Murphy. Last year was our best chance.

Reactions: KW23
I'm not from Allegheny or Cherokee or murphy.I just enjoy wnc football and again I say Mitchell you better play much much better come friday

Keep on thinking that. If Cherokee fans said that they didn't play worth a flip in a game, and had an off night, I would be inclined to believe them. Same with Murphy or Robbinsville or Swain fans. They know what winning teams loom like. But you know what? By this point Mitchell fans do too. I just don't understand why y'all are basing your predictions on one game. We have told you, Mitchell played like crap, that wasn't our normal team. And we still managed to beat a formidable opponent. FYI, Cherokee led Murphy and blew it. Mitchell led the entire game. Suck on that little piece of candy while you watch basketball.
Cherokee was NEVER close to Robbinsville..It was 41-13 in the 3rd qrt.
Suck on that big piece of candy.lol
But you can't compare teams that way. It's all about matchups. Good luck Mountie but you guys have a major uphill battle..Too many players to try and stop , plus Murphy defense is lights out.

Guys there is an old saying. “It’s far better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and leave no doubt”.

Reactions: CatDad312
Yeah it is about match ups and Evans ran like a monster, Murphy got much more to pick from then us and options on every hand off!! We had mintz and Evans gettin positive yards almost every play, tha big linebacker who clogged it up a couple times won't be able to be in 6 places at once Friday!!

Ask Cherokee we’re not sandbagging if we don’t play better it’ll be over at halftime. Y’alls two backs are a load

Well Mitchell DOES have their own very good backs. And I think our #10 is better than any of Murphy's wide receivers. But, all that is moot, because both teams lines are going to be the deciding factor. #76 for Murphy is a freak, and while Mitchell has a very solid line, I don't know if anyone can contain him.

Reactions: mbdfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT