ADVERTISEMENT

Murphy @ Mitchell

Lol..i wouldnt call 21 13 a smashing of EW at the hands of Alleghany at home.KW..you guys aren't used to beating EW so i get it....i would call 55-7 thrashing you just received a smashing!!!

I don't see any Murphy posters saying that they are going to destroy Mitchell....Seems to be mostly Robbinsville and Cherokee fans making those statements...

Coach Gentry and his staff will have the Bulldogs focused on the 3rd round matchup, and Murphy generally this time of year doesn't overlook any team in any round, and I don't expect them to take the Mountaineers lightly either next friday regardless of what the results in the past were....

Weather is suppose to be cold but dry next friday, so both teams should be able to run what they want on offense which should make for a great game.....

On a side note: Has Murphy ever played at Mitchell County before?

Will be interesting next week. Glad to get by Cherokee last night. Everyone keeps talking about how close the game was last night and they are correct but if memory serves wasn't this same Cherokee team ahead of Murphy at the half? Granted Murphy turned it on in the 2nd.

As mentioned by others, Mitchell made more mistakes last night than I have seen all season. How many were due to the weather? How many due to Cherokee. How many due to the long layoff? Alot of these questions will be answered Friday.

Mitchell's line must play better on Friday. I thought that Cherokee line outplayed Mitchell in the second half. Pitman and Pittman (QB and coach) needs to have an outstanding game for Mitchell to have a chance.

Early thoughts are Murphy wins. Based off of well the fact they are Murphy. Mitchell has to figure a way to get over the hump again.

Hope both teams come out of the game injury free.

GO Mountaineers

Back to thoughts and predictions...... I think the game could go either way, both teams are run heavy so this game could be very low scoring and a defensive battle, either way I think the winner will have earned a tough fought game.

Whats the deal with mitchell quarterback is he hurt? Looking at the stats he did not run the ball.

Mitchell has this week to get focused on the task at hand. Murphy will not make many mistakes so Mitchell will have to mirror that. Heard Pittman did not run the ball much last night. Need to get him outside the pocket and let him break contain for some big plays. Of course take a couple shots deep to McKinnney but allow him to do what he does best and run the ball. Not saying anything negative at all about the kid but he is not a pocket passer. Turn him loose to run the ball or it could be a tough night.

Y’all leave kw alone he been pulling for us the last few years . We take all the help we can get .

Pittman number 7 ran it every other play not sure where you got the stats .

My thoughts after seeing both Murphy and Mitchell . We hung with both for periods .

We don’t give up 2 ko returns for td we might hang around longer at Murphy . Murphy backs are every bit as physical as Evans and faster . Murphy qb play is suspect . Defense is solid and physical

Mitchell weather permitting was a weird game where I felt could of been 28-7 Mitchell at half or 28-14 Cherokee at half . Mitchell offense seemed bland in first half when weather was good . Defense was solid

I don’t feel after watching Mitchell for the last 20 years it feels like that they are not quite as good as last year .

Murphy 24
Mitchell 14

Last edited:
Lol..i wouldnt call 21 13 a smashing of EW at the hands of Alleghany at home.KW..you guys aren't used to beating EW so i get it....i would call 55-7 thrashing you just received a smashing!!!
At least we were playing this week in order to receive a smashing...and didnt lose to a 4 and 8 squad last week. I really missed you ranting and raving about how your defense sucks and how every team in our conference sucks last night.

nobody is buying the sangbagging man. You beat a Polk team by 50 that's in the 3rd round.
The Mitchell team that played last night shows up next it's a blow out. I don't know what was going on with them. If they had played like last night against Polk that 50 point game would have been a 14 maybe 21point game. They played better in they're two losses.

Last edited:
Polk would beat Alleghany dude. I had no reason to talk down about Alleghany..You just gloat a lil too much instead of being humble. You beat EW by 8 points. I said you didnt smash EW and you didnt. I was hoping you guys gave Murphy more of a game honestly. EW overachieved this year. Honestly they weren't that good at all. I support them but, I'm a realists. Alleghany won this year in a game that EW had every chance to win as well. In yalls last 3 or 4 games against EW excluding this year, you guys were outscored by atleast 150 pts..check the archives. Congrats on a good season Alleghany. You guys played well overrall.

Last edited:
To be fair Cherokee was beating Murphy at halftime in that game, and Murphys kick returns is really what pushed them ahead in the second half. Cherokee was coming around here at the end of the season after they got Evans back.
Murphy only returned one kick. The one atbtge start if the 2nd half.

Whats the deal with mitchell quarterback is he hurt? Looking at the stats he did not run the ball.
Seriously!?? Yeah he ran tha ball but wasn't what you and maggot45 been talkin about!! I sure am glad we went and played last night instead of just takin our 35+ beatin (most people) gave us!!! Murphy will win 21+ in this en!!! That QB got up slow a lot last night, our dude that got destroyed on a crack back popped up a lot quicker then him!!! You and maggot45 are real football whizzes, speakin passive aggressive in a prick way and talkin on 4a message boards dont mean unz know nothin!! Silver spoon boy!!

I’ll give you all the 411 on how this game is going to go. First and foremost I have a lot of respect for both sides so I will call this one fair. Having watched both teams play, my opinion on this game is that it will not be close. Murphy will be ahead by 30 by halftime. Like I said I have a lot of respect for Mitchell too but I’m going to call it like I see it. I could have saw Cherokee winning last night by 21. A bad snap, some ice, and a wet football certainly helped sway it the other way and Mitchell played good enough to win. But, when Cherokee played Murphy, Cherokee played out of their mind physical and made zero mistakes in the first half UNTIL the kickoff that Murphy returned for a td. Then the game was over. Momentum shifted and it was a wrap. Murphy will not struggle this week. Last years Mitchell team was faster and more physical. This years team is down....a lot. I expect to see A Murphy vs Rville regional game unless Rville stumbles to TJ...which is very possible. Winner of Regional game will win State because there is NOTHING in the east in 1A. Dropping the mic. These words will prove true.

Mitchell has this week to get focused on the task at hand. Murphy will not make many mistakes so Mitchell will have to mirror that. Heard Pittman did not run the ball much last night. Need to get him outside the pocket and let him break contain for some big plays. Of course take a couple shots deep to McKinnney but allow him to do what he does best and run the ball. Not saying anything negative at all about the kid but he is not a pocket passer. Turn him loose to run the ball or it could be a tough night.
The deep ball wasn't there last night Pittman was off he had McKinney open and threw in over the wrong shoulder. But the short pass was there he threw a short crossing route to McKinney and he ran it in for a TD and that was the last time they tried it. Pittman gets he best runs running wide or after scrambling in a pass play but they ( once three times in a row) had him run up the middle and it wasn't there but they kelpt trying it whlie Miller was running good off tackled no one was well up the middle but they kelpt going to it. Pittman was off though he had a few plays that looked like what you expect not often plus the center before the rain was snapping high then when the rain came forget it ,they finally had to go under center and still had issues. Even the kick-offs you have a guy who had kicked in the endzone after a 5 yard penalty kicking it short or scribble in it down the field. And poor line blocking. It was bad weather but they were playing bad before the rain. defense did looked better in 2nd

dablue....i chose the wrong term...shouldnt have used the word smash....was just trying to prove a point that polks win against yall wasnt an upset...it was expected. I stated we beat yall meening that if we beat yall...yall cant be very good. Congrats you blew us out the last 3 years. Im done hijacking this thread. Nobody on here cares about alleghany or east wilkes on here except you and me. Lol

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
Murphy is definitely in a league by themselves in the SMC..and then there is everyone else. No disrespect to anyone else in the conference but they make the SMC what it is consistently whether they are small or big 1a.

Great respect for Mitchell and their fans but I have a lot of confidence in Mctaggert, Allen, Nelson, Roberts, Murray, Shope and coaching staff. Bulldogs by 28

Reactions: Gentle Knight
There is a Cherokee vs Mitchell thread. Let's talk about that game over there.
My apologies honestly I forgot what tread I was on when I was repsonding to heritage84 just trying to give him content on what was happening in reference to the long pass and other things he was talking about. Point is if they don't make corrections and fix things going on last night that they were doing to themselves it will be a long night next Friday night against Murphy. But I believe they can.

I'd say both will bring their a game next week. While I think some of these predictions are a little ridiculous, I do think Murphy is a little better. While I feel Mitchell is capable of winning, it will take the whole community backing them. Will Mitchell's home crowd be enough to offset Murphy's better team? Stay tuned!

After what we all saw last night I’d say these predictions are gonna b pretty close
Keep on thinking that. If Cherokee fans said that they didn't play worth a flip in a game, and had an off night, I would be inclined to believe them. Same with Murphy or Robbinsville or Swain fans. They know what winning teams loom like. But you know what? By this point Mitchell fans do too. I just don't understand why y'all are basing your predictions on one game. We have told you, Mitchell played like crap, that wasn't our normal team. And we still managed to beat a formidable opponent. FYI, Cherokee led Murphy and blew it. Mitchell led the entire game. Suck on that little piece of candy while you watch basketball.

Maybe Cherokee and Mitchell meet up again later in basketball playoffs. That could be interesting match up. For now I would say Mitchell and Murphy can settle this argument on the field Friday night.

I understand y’all are in the smack talk business, but I’m telling you, Friday will be a blow out. Rville/TJ VS Murphy for the regional.

Murphy has the better run game if y’all give the ball to Allen running right at them it’ll b a long night for them That’s all we done when we moved the ball on them. Except on mintz long run he just got outside and made some moves Every time they threw they would roll out to there sideline

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT